Signings very quiet

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Whats some may be missing is that the club has been paying Keith Titmuss' salary this year to his family. It's my understanding that won't be the case next year. That's $100K or so more to spend. I think we'll see more signings before December. I'm calculating on possibly one more prop / back rower (or both), and one or two outside backs. Bullemore will come, and I think the club are keen on Woods at the right price (replacing Morgan Boyle, and maybe taking some of Keith's $$).

I would love to hear who people think should be our signing to back up to Turbo (and not Koula - still too inexperienced and needs to work on his defence).

Lots of effort in the off season to improving what we have:

• Another yard of pace from Parker; learn to step off both feet.
  • Another yard of pace from Harper (he appeared quicker at the start of the year, possibly carrying a leg injury in the back half of the year); maybe a kg or two of muscle to help him with kick returns and the like.
  • Turbo - what is there left to say? I hope you have a good rest in the off - season;
  • Reuben - great year; I hope that your other outside backs take a leaf out of your book to add more to your game the way you have.
  • Fainu back - we need more threat in the middle third.
  • Defensive work with Saab. World - class attack - some confusion in defense.
  • Re-sign Walker - this looks like it will happen. Not on a lot of $$ this time - super sub and back up centre is where his future is. Dwalkz - focus on footy. That's all. Just footy. Stay fit.
  • Settle on our second row combination for next year. This years' combination - though excellent - has been put together literally through necessity.
  • More aerobic fitness from Schuster and Schmole. Schmole also needs to work on his temperament. Both need to expand the facets of their game (as do Parker & Harper) and stop relying on just their natural abilities (which are considerable). Both have the potential to be the best in the game.
  • Both edges (centres, second rowers, wings, halves) need to spend much of the summer on cohesive defensive drills.
  • Forwards (where to start....)
  • Paseka - add more to your game than a straight running physical hit up. The opposition knows what's coming from you.... you have about 30 to 40 per cent more upside in you that is not yet there.
  • Keppie and Aloai - see point above about Paseka. Great forwards have an element of unpredictability, just like great back - do you have a step in you, or a great second-phase pass in traffic?
  • Jake & Marty - I can't fault your effort or leadership this year. Marty - eliminate the little errors. Jake - maybe you need to get a little better aerobically (gasp!) - refs are always looking to penalize you for getting off the tackled player too slowly.
  • Foz - I like how you tried to lift the team when things were down. Maybe kick more - Chez kicks well, but we need more unpredictability in this area.
  • Chez - great year (really!), but maybe reign in the moving up past your fellow defenders on the right to try and force a mistake. The other teams know it's coming, and the good ones use the hole left on your inside shoulder to run at / put kicks through (which may end badly for Harper and Saab - and has done).
  • Lawman - great (shortened year) - stay healthy. Great versatility and attitude.
  • Toff - see words for Paseka, Aloai and Keppie. Your best playing weight may be about 115 kgs - just sayin'.
  • Davey - shame we didn't get to see much of you. A very good year may have been even better. You could have a lot to offer in 2022 - looking forward to it.
  • Cade - like most of our team, work extra hard on your D; be a completely reliable defender, and the confidence you get will see your attack get even better.

Des - lots of great things this year, a year that was always a transition year in many ways. Looks like we'll have to re-discover how to win 'grind' games against the very best teams. You've done it before, now it's just a case of ............doing it again. And - 'keeping the band together'. Please find (sign) a great back - up to Turbo - if he's a great goalkicker as well, so much the better, to take some pressure off Garrick.

MWRLFC - maybe time to think about a complete overhaul of the Jane Try stand. You know it makes sense.

Keppie and Aloai - see point above about Paseka. Great forwards have an element of unpredictability, just like great back - do you have a step in you, or a great second-phase pass in traffic?

Excellent post, well said, but Keppie most certainly does have a step in him though.
He used it to great effect against the Roosters in his MOTM finals game.

Keppies main issue is consistency. Hopefully that will improve with some more experience, and age.

Whats some may be missing is that the club has been paying Keith Titmuss' salary this year to his family. It's my understanding that won't be the case next year. That's $100K or so more to spend. I think we'll see more signings before December. I'm calculating on possibly one more prop / back rower (or both), and one or two outside backs. Bullemore will come, and I think the club are keen on Woods at the right price (replacing Morgan Boyle, and maybe taking some of Keith's $$).

I would love to hear who people think should be our signing to back up to Turbo (and not Koula - still too inexperienced and needs to work on his defence).

Lots of effort in the off season to improving what we have:

• Another yard of pace from Parker; learn to step off both feet.
  • Another yard of pace from Harper (he appeared quicker at the start of the year, possibly carrying a leg injury in the back half of the year); maybe a kg or two of muscle to help him with kick returns and the like.
  • Turbo - what is there left to say? I hope you have a good rest in the off - season;
  • Reuben - great year; I hope that your other outside backs take a leaf out of your book to add more to your game the way you have.
  • Fainu back - we need more threat in the middle third.
  • Defensive work with Saab. World - class attack - some confusion in defense.
  • Re-sign Walker - this looks like it will happen. Not on a lot of $$ this time - super sub and back up centre is where his future is. Dwalkz - focus on footy. That's all. Just footy. Stay fit.
  • Settle on our second row combination for next year. This years' combination - though excellent - has been put together literally through necessity.
  • More aerobic fitness from Schuster and Schmole. Schmole also needs to work on his temperament. Both need to expand the facets of their game (as do Parker & Harper) and stop relying on just their natural abilities (which are considerable). Both have the potential to be the best in the game.
  • Both edges (centres, second rowers, wings, halves) need to spend much of the summer on cohesive defensive drills.
  • Forwards (where to start....)
  • Paseka - add more to your game than a straight running physical hit up. The opposition knows what's coming from you.... you have about 30 to 40 per cent more upside in you that is not yet there.
  • Keppie and Aloai - see point above about Paseka. Great forwards have an element of unpredictability, just like great back - do you have a step in you, or a great second-phase pass in traffic?
  • Jake & Marty - I can't fault your effort or leadership this year. Marty - eliminate the little errors. Jake - maybe you need to get a little better aerobically (gasp!) - refs are always looking to penalize you for getting off the tackled player too slowly.
  • Foz - I like how you tried to lift the team when things were down. Maybe kick more - Chez kicks well, but we need more unpredictability in this area.
  • Chez - great year (really!), but maybe reign in the moving up past your fellow defenders on the right to try and force a mistake. The other teams know it's coming, and the good ones use the hole left on your inside shoulder to run at / put kicks through (which may end badly for Harper and Saab - and has done).
  • Lawman - great (shortened year) - stay healthy. Great versatility and attitude.
  • Toff - see words for Paseka, Aloai and Keppie. Your best playing weight may be about 115 kgs - just sayin'.
  • Davey - shame we didn't get to see much of you. A very good year may have been even better. You could have a lot to offer in 2022 - looking forward to it.
  • Cade - like most of our team, work extra hard on your D; be a completely reliable defender, and the confidence you get will see your attack get even better.

Des - lots of great things this year, a year that was always a transition year in many ways. Looks like we'll have to re-discover how to win 'grind' games against the very best teams. You've done it before, now it's just a case of ............doing it again. And - 'keeping the band together'. Please find (sign) a great back - up to Turbo - if he's a great goalkicker as well, so much the better, to take some pressure off Garrick.

MWRLFC - maybe time to think about a complete overhaul of the Jane Try stand. You know it makes sense.
"I would love to hear who people think should be our signing to back up to Turbo (and not Koula - still too inexperienced and needs to work on his defence)."

A backup to Turbo is vital @Brookie Bob but I think we need to focus on the pack first and then work on cover for the outside backs, including fullback obviously. If Taupau is moved on, (and I can't imagine that we sign Woods if he was staying), then we should look at a starting prop that becomes our pack enforcer. I think Klemmer could be the answer, as long as we have the cap space. Starting with Klemmer and a rejuvenated Paseka would really send a message to other teams. Then bringing on Keppie and a fit and firing Aloiai would continue that aggressive intent. The key negative with bringing in Klemmer would be financial. There wouldnt be much left in the kitty after that contract. Again if we had the capacity I think Peachey and Copley could also be worth a look. Copley wouldn't be on top dollar, but provides great cover in the outside backs as a fullback/centre/winger. He would be a depth signing only. Peacheys versatility means he can cover most positions on the field except winger and prop. Between the two of them we have more than enough cover for the fullback position. Peachey also gives us a good halves option as well. Because of his incredible versatility he becomes a realistic centre/lock/hooker option as well. Just some ideas, but I am sure that there will be other options after November 1.

Last edited:
Now that we're gone, I'm expecting the list of departing players to be announced soon.

Jorge, Jetski and Boyle are surely going to be released.

I'd expect Bullemor's signing to be made official.

Why is the off season so long ?

Excellent post, well said, but Keppie most certainly does have a step in him though.
He used it to great effect against the Roosters in his MOTM finals game.

Keppies main issue is consistency. Hopefully that will improve with some more experience, and age.
Also he stepped halfway through the line before dropping it in the last game. He just needs to string good games together as you say.

"I would love to hear who people think should be our signing to back up to Turbo (and not Koula - still too inexperienced and needs to work on his defence)."

A backup to Turbo is vital @Brookie Bob but I think we need to focus on the pack first and then work on cover for the outside backs, including fullback obviously. If Taupau is moved on, (and I can't imagine that we sign Woods if he was staying), then we should look at a starting prop that becomes our pack enforcer. I think Klemmer could be the answer, as long as we have the cap space. Starting with Klemmer and a rejuvenated Paseka would really send a message to other teams. Then bringing on Keppie and a fit and firing Aloiai would continue that aggressive intent. The key negative with bringing in Klemmer would be financial. There wouldnt be much left in the kitty after that contract. Again if we had the capacity I think Peachey and Copley could also be worth a look. Copley wouldn't be on top dollar, but provides great cover in the outside backs as a fullback/centre/winger. He would be a depth signing only. Peacheys versatility means he can cover most positions on the field except winger and prop. Between the two of them we have more than enough cover for the fullback position. Peachey also gives us a good halves option as well. Because of his incredible versatility he becomes a realistic centre/lock/hooker option as well. Just some ideas, but I am sure that there will be other options after November 1.
Klemmer and Peachey would be asking for too much coin,the club already pays a million for a fullback so why pay more to cover one position especially given you’re not going to find someone better than Garrick at the price the club can afford and apart from not covering fullback,Copley gets injured from the slightest gust of wind and is out more often than TomT

I don’t want Copley, very accident prone out there on the field. Peachey is great, but he would play the same role as walker.
Walker has been fantastic off the bench for us this year. If that's his position going forward than I agree we probably don't need to duplicate that role with Peachey. However, if we see Walker as a starting centre, then that equation changes completely. Harper and Parker together will not take us to a GF. At best I think they should be competing for one centre spot, not holding both. Copley has averaged 10 games a year for the last 5 years, and 15 games a year overall. I would hope that we would only require him to play five. But as I said I am sure that other options will present themselves after November 1.

If we Release taupau I reckon a line up like this could be achievable. Fairly well rounded squad with Parker, Harper, Croker, cust, sipley etc all backups

1.Tom Trbojevic
2.Jason Saab
3.Jamayne Isaako/Curtis Scott
4.Dylan Walker
5.Reuben Garrick
6.Keiran Foran
7.Daly Cherry-Evans
8.Aaron Woods
9.Brandon Smith
10.Sean Keppie
11.Haumole Olakau'atu
12.Josh Schuster
13.Jake Trbojevic

14.Manase Fainu / Karl Lawton
15.Josh Aloiai
16.Taniela Paseka
17.Ethan Bullemor

Amazing absolutely amazing someone can spell Bullemor's name. Would love Smith but would need to put him on Taupau's money. Curtis Scott ... wow he has been SACKED from 2 clubs. Players can change but very few do.
I think we will start hear whispers now that our season over.

Last edited:
If we Release taupau I reckon a line up like this could be achievable. Fairly well rounded squad with Parker, Harper, Croker, cust, sipley etc all backups

1.Tom Trbojevic
2.Jason Saab
3.Jamayne Isaako/Curtis Scott
4.Dylan Walker
5.Reuben Garrick
6.Keiran Foran
7.Daly Cherry-Evans
8.Aaron Woods
9.Brandon Smith
10.Sean Keppie
11.Haumole Olakau'atu
12.Josh Schuster
13.Jake Trbojevic

14.Manase Fainu / Karl Lawton
15.Josh Aloiai
16.Taniela Paseka
17.Ethan Bullemor

Neither Isaako or Scott are an upgrade on Parker or Harper. 🤦‍♂️

Amazing absolutely amazing someone can spell Ballemor's name. Would love Smith but would need to put him on Taupau's money. Curtis Scott ... wow he has been SACKED from 2 clubs. Players can change but very few do.
I think we will start hear whispers now that our season over.
Amazing Curtis Scott's name keeps getting mentioned as a possible recruit by Silvertails..i'm speechless.

Contracts don't mean much. We will get who and what we need. Juniors filling the remaining spots won't win us a premiership. I dont think De Luis needs to be added to the top 30. Kepp him at Blacktown and if injury strikes we can call him up next year again. No one else would be signing him.
A couple strike outside backs and another forward and I'll be happy but if we add Woods, Bullemore and get Davey back then I think our forwards are probably OK. Need to sort out the centre position and a back up fullback as priority! I'd still be willing to try Schuster at centre and use Bullemore/Davey in backrow.
I don't think Shu could handle some of the quick outside backs

I would target a couple of players on Nov 1 with a hope for an early release. Joey Manu - fixes the centre problem and is a ready made cover for FB when required, nice bloke and lots of upside. Then a smokey Matt Doorey he seems to be close with a few of the guys already (links to Saab, Titmus et el).

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8