Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
How many other penrith 3rd party deals were organised by the club?

350k over 5 years. We really struggle to get tpas. Broncos and dogs and the riff would have that organised for one player over a single season.

Tpas are a joke. Scrap them

Phil Gould had an AMA on twitter during last season so I asked a simple question about what he thought of the Bronco's Thoroughbreds TPA scheme. He instantly slammed me saying that I was bring up garbage from 5 years ago and I was a troll and blocked me. All that did was make me think that Penrith are up to exactly the same thing and he is trying to evade any discussion of the topic

The 140k unpaid TPA demand by Fiz has been known since he left for the Dalai. Manly have already made public statements about that when he left.

I never really got this claim against the club, because if it's a true 3rd party contract the club can't be involved anyway so any liability would be on the third party anyway??

Just because the NRL has issued breach notices doesn't necessarily make it so. Hopefully they are not acting on statements from the same people Police have dismissed in the match fixing probe.

Phil Gould had an AMA on twitter during last season so I asked a simple question about what he thought of the Bronco's Thoroughbreds TPA scheme. He instantly slammed me saying that I was bring up garbage from 5 years ago and I was a troll and blocked me. All that did was make me think that Penrith are up to exactly the same thing and he is trying to evade any discussion of the topic

I never really got this claim against the club, because if it's a true 3rd party contract the club can't be involved anyway so any liability would be on the third party anyway??
And who can forget the stories about the Poohrith boys being on the performance enhancers, late 80s/early 90s?

If "we have" cheated, I will be asking for my membership money back for the years involved as I did not sign up to pay for corrupt deals. If we have cheated Im out, We always suspect, ask for blood when something is proved about others, but if we have been cheating how farking dumb are we.

We supposedly had about 1 million left after releasing Cullen to sign 2 players to fill out our 30 man squad.If it is true and we have to pay 350k off our cap that leaves us with 650k to fill the last 2 spots,don't know what the issue is...plenty of teams lose a good player in round 1-2 for the season and have to deal with it anyway.If we have screwed up then I hope the people who fxxxxd up get hung out to dry,I hope they fight it tooth and nail if the charges are bull****,but I don't think our season is over.

Why no statement from Todd Greensprog?

He did with Parra.
http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/pa...t/news-story/808efa2d099a5c60396ca6ef09e3cf1a

Greenberg indicated the decision to allow the Eels to keep playing for points for the rest of the season was made in the interest of the Parramatta players and fans.

“I watched Melbourne Storm fans and players have to continue to play a season without the ability to accrue points — I thought that was soul-destroying, both for the players and the fans,” he said.

It would be good to know the exact years that they are referring to . I am only saying that because Scott Penn stated that Manly was audited earlier this year (for the season just gone) and we were all good . So had to been before 2017.
In saying that it is hard to excuse cheating the cap of any kind . We did the crime so we have to cop the fine / punishment and move on .
If it was any other club we would be giving them hell on here so we have to be prepared to cop it back . No excuses !!!
Agree but it’s the use of the investigative powers that is NOT spread evenly
This has been hounding us now for what 2 years??? It’s f@&& disgrace and old door nobb head is right behind it

Statement - Salary Cap investigation

Mon 11th December, 06:05PM
1512975995600.jpg;pvf980a69f9c92ec01

The Manly Warringah Sea Eagles were advised by the NRL today of their preliminary findings in relation to its ongoing salary cap investigation.

Sea Eagles CEO Lyall Gorman said today:

“We were advised of the alleged breach by the NRL this morning and immediately convened our legal team to thoroughly review the breach notice and detailed files given to us by the NRL.

Based on our legal team’s preliminary review, there is disagreement with several of the NRL findings and consistent with our rights under the NRL rules and regulations have commenced a path of legal review and response.

As we have consistently stated, if there are historical compliance issues, we will work both internally and with the NRL to identify those issues and remedy them.

There is a significant amount of material to work through, based on the documentation handed to us today and the Club will be defending those matters through the appropriate channels.

Whilst the normal breach notice protocol is 5 days to respond, the Club will be seeking an extension to ensure we can deliver a robust response to the allegations.”
http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2017/12/11/statement_salary_cap.html
Reading between the lines, there may be a few anomalies the NRL has uncovered, but nothing like the amount first suggested by their 'preliminary findings'.

They issued that breach today in order to save face for having put Manly through the investigation. Some of Manly's objections will be upheld, so when the dust settles a small fine should cover the balance.

I still think this is witch hunt.

The figures being thrown around are not big enough to be classified as "cheating". Does anyone really think that the combined incomes of Manly's roster exceeds that of the Donkeys or Rorters ?

What sort of unfair advantage have we gained ? Is our side filled with internationals and SOO players ? This is just another attempt by Greensnot to drag our name through the mud.

Personally, I'm about done. I'm becoming more of a Sydney F.C. supporter that takes a passing interest in Manly when it has always been the other way around.

If we cheated I have no problem with whatever penalty. Crime - time. And if it has a Manly loading, I can cope with that too.
But the carry on from other fans on Twitter is already just about doing me in!

Just because the NRL has issued breach notices doesn't necessarily make it so

Can you name 1 club hit with a breach notice that wasn't than found guilty? I can't and if people think Penn is taking the nrl to court over this they are setting themselves up for disappointment. We will do the same as every club we will shout our innocence and in the end pay the fine (hell it's not even a fine just a reduction in the grant) and get on with it. In the end no big deal hopefully it get's Penn fair dinkum in running a football club.

Whether we are guilty or not of this our governance has been a shambles for a long time hiring ceo's sacking ceo's office staff leaving at an alarming rate (some claiming to be bullied) and we still have a bully on the coaching staff he should have been shown the door but as alway's we try to sweep things under the rug well eventually **** catches up with you.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8