Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Statement - Salary Cap investigation

Mon 11th December, 06:05PM
1512975995600.jpg;pvf980a69f9c92ec01

The Manly Warringah Sea Eagles were advised by the NRL today of their preliminary findings in relation to its ongoing salary cap investigation.

Sea Eagles CEO Lyall Gorman said today:

“We were advised of the alleged breach by the NRL this morning and immediately convened our legal team to thoroughly review the breach notice and detailed files given to us by the NRL.

Based on our legal team’s preliminary review, there is disagreement with several of the NRL findings and consistent with our rights under the NRL rules and regulations have commenced a path of legal review and response.

As we have consistently stated, if there are historical compliance issues, we will work both internally and with the NRL to identify those issues and remedy them.

There is a significant amount of material to work through, based on the documentation handed to us today and the Club will be defending those matters through the appropriate channels.

Whilst the normal breach notice protocol is 5 days to respond, the Club will be seeking an extension to ensure we can deliver a robust response to the allegations.”
http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2017/12/11/statement_salary_cap.html
still waiting to receive an email from mwse regarding this-
so much for members first....

must be waiting for the new work experience kid to send them out:
http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2017/12/05/be_our_manly_media_m.html

This actually makes the NRL look bad if you think about it . The initial allegations / findings came out of a police strike force investigation into match fixing . The NRL can’t tell their head from their arse.
The NRL has no idea . Can only imagine all the other clubs who are doing this laughing at Greenberg and his cronies right now . Please howl me down or correct me if I stated anything wrong in this post .
I wont but someone will. Someone always does.

Positives from this situation:

We won’t be bringing in an aging half, but instead will provide one of our young players (Hastings 21, Croker 20 both Junior Kangaroos) with a huge opportunity and another junior star in Metcalf learning his trade.

Our squad is filled with youth and this will test them. 2018 could be tough, but it also could make a lot of these men.

Leaders will emerge in players like Tom who will need to step it up in the face of adversity.

So the NRL has finally got their finger out and issued charges against us. There is so little detail about what actually occurred and this is going to be long and drawn out according to the clubs statement who vow to fight this.

I look at this now and I understand why we have not been able to sign anyone significant. Our club has been at a major disadvantage over the last few months.

If there is truth in these allegations I truly hope that the owners get rid of anyone who has put our club in danger. The owners have consistently said that we operate on a shoestring budget and that we do not have third-party options of other clubs. We need the truth now!!

This is now a high stakes game and if the club fights this and proves that the findings are wrong, then they MUST ensure that the club is protected and litigation takes place.

It is a sad day for our club and the integrity that we cherish is now threatened.

I just hope that the truth comes out one way or another and if we are guilty that it is dealt with decisively, it is interesting that our alleged crime is not in the league of the breaches of the whingers, I am disturbed that the alleged breach has been going on for five years.

I think the back ended contracts have really hurt us at the end of the day.

Time to keep a cool head until the facts are released. It is a sad day!

Manlys statement saying their legal team have viewed the breach and there are seve
Someone needs to start a petition to demand the NRL expose player salaries including TPAs to show what clubs are paying per average for their players including TPAs. How many are being investigated when Maloney came out and put Penrith in the ****e is beyond me... Everyone knows that the Broncos are rorting the TPA situation and yet nothing done. Greedturd is such a tosser.
Someone needs to start a petition to demand the NRL expose player salaries including TPAs to show what clubs are paying per average for their players including TPAs. How many are being investigated when Maloney came out and put Penrith in the ****e is beyond me... Everyone knows that the Broncos are rorting the TPA situation and yet nothing done. Greedturd is such a tosser.
It seems to work fine in the Nfl , players and coaches salaries are exposed.

Positives from this situation:

We won’t be bringing in an aging half, but instead will provide one of our young players (Hastings 21, Croker 20 both Junior Kangaroos) with a huge opportunity and another junior star in Metcalf learning his trade.

Our squad is filled with youth and this will test them. 2018 could be tough, but it also could make a lot of these men.

Leaders will emerge in players like Tom who will need to step it up in the face of adversity.
Its not about bringing an "aging" half . Its about bringing an "experienced" half as Metcalf no NRL experience , Crocker 1 game NRL experience and the unproven Hastings 43 NRL game experience and some of those were off the bench.
I can see what you mean though and that is under the current circumstances we have to do the best we can with the inexperienced halves that we have . We will be relying on inexperience to guide the team around against more potent NRL half combinations

So the NRL has finally got their finger out and issued charges against us. There is so little detail about what actually occurred and this is going to be long and drawn out according to the clubs statement who vow to fight this.

I look at this now and I understand why we have not been able to sign anyone significant. Our club has been at a major disadvantage over the last few months.

If there is truth in these allegations I truly hope that the owners get rid of anyone who has put our club in danger. The owners have consistently said that we operate on a shoestring budget and that we do not have third-party options of other clubs. We need the truth now!!

This is now a high stakes game and if the club fights this and proves that the findings are wrong, then they MUST ensure that the club is protected and litigation takes place.

It is a sad day for our club and the integrity that we cherish is now threatened.

I just hope that the truth comes out one way or another and if we are guilty that it is dealt with decisively, it is interesting that our alleged crime is not in the league of the breaches of the whingers, I am disturbed that the alleged breach has been going on for five years.

% agree great post

Great post and I agree with it all

.... I am disturbed that the alleged breach has been going on for five years.

I believe that the 350k amount is a breach within the past 5 years and not for each year since 2013 @:cool:

The 140k unpaid TPA demand by Fiz has been known since he left for the Dalai. Manly have already made public statements about that when he left.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/th...d/news-story/6a7e8651c4d6fb3a99a4d6520a69b4d5

But good governance is overdue at Brookie @:cool:

Bulldog Ritchie just mentioned that the NRL are looking at a contract of a former ‘star’ player which he cannot name.

Few nervous officials at Manly.

Barrett told him they have 800k left so if the 400k from the salary cap issue is taken off they would still have around 400k left.

Its not about bringing an "aging" half . Its about bringing an "experienced" half as Metcalf no NRL experience , Crocker 1 game NRL experience and the unproven Hastings 43 NRL game experience and some of those were off the bench.
I can see what you mean though and that is under the current circumstances we have to do the best we can with the inexperienced halves that we have . We will be relying on inexperience to guide the team around against more potent NRL half combinations

Lets not forget Nathan Cleary came into the game as a rookie, and he hasnt looked back, Im not saying these guys are in the same class,but who know,s, they could be better

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8