Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Missed N R L 360 and Kent"y take on the matter but still seems very light on specifics and detail . The most alleged serious claim , what some 350 grand over 5 years , and no designated year break down , so allegedly occurring every year for five years or in individual years ? And based on the version of two former and now disgruntled players ? Two present Manly officials with a case to answer ? Not an accountancy discrepancy or, management stuff up but intentional cap cheating and taking into account the fact that the final cap arrangement that is supposed to receive the approval of a club board every season .Just really need more detail for the benefit of most people to be able to form a balanced judgement and opinion

The NRL press release is full of weasel language too.

"Significant" can mean either substantial, or just big enough to notice. And "current NRL official" doesn't mention which club they're working at.

I think it is important that we do not have a witch hunt against the alleged disgruntled ex-players, they may well have legitimate reasons for doing this. All I hope is that we learn of the context of these allegations and that we get it concluded, sooner rather than later.

Missed N R L 360 and Kent"y take on the matter but still seems very light on specifics and detail . The most alleged serious claim , what some 350 grand over 5 years , and no designated year break down , so allegedly occurring every year for five years or in individual years ? And based on the version of two former and now disgruntled players ? Two present Manly officials with a case to answer ? Not an accountancy discrepancy or, management stuff up but intentional cap cheating and taking into account the fact that the final cap arrangement that is supposed to receive the approval of a club board every season .Just really need more detail for the benefit of most people to be able to form a balanced judgement and opinion
They did say on 360 that they thought Mitchell Pearce had wind, the mention of which I thought was interesting in itself, until they explained that he had got wind of the breach findings against us.
Which again, I find interesting but not surprising.

Last edited:
Possibly someone who moved miles away down south and another that moved to a foreign country across the ditch...
Not necessarily and me thinks highly unlikely. Why would they...
'Someone' or two with an axe to grind would be more probable. @eaglebuzz has the right idea - that was my immediate thought.

Yep thanks for ruining Christmas, New Years, my holidays, my social life, my mental health status. This is all I am going to be able to think about until it’s resolved, and I’ll be checking for updates every five minutes. I don’t even know who to blame, Manly, the NRL, Foz, myself for loving Manly so damn much. Why.....Whyyyyyyyy!!!!!

Kenty said on 360 that there is alleged evidence of the club signing a contract with a player for $150k. But then only registering the contract with the NRL for $100k.
Why would anyone bother? That is reserve grade money.

I still think this is witch hunt.

The figures being thrown around are not big enough to be classified as "cheating". Does anyone really think that the combined incomes of Manly's roster exceeds that of the Donkeys or Rorters ?

What sort of unfair advantage have we gained ? Is our side filled with internationals and SOO players ? This is just another attempt by Greensnot to drag our name through the mud.

Personally, I'm about done. I'm becoming more of a Sydney F.C. supporter that takes a passing interest in Manly when it has always been the other way around.
Yep. No rorts and influence peddling in soccer.

Yep thanks for ruining Christmas, New Years, my holidays, my social life, my mental health status. This is all I am going to be able to think about until it’s resolved, and I’ll be checking for updates every five minutes. I don’t even know who to blame, Manly, the NRL, Foz, myself for loving Manly so damn much. Why.....Whyyyyyyyy!!!!!

Well it looks like there will be some interesting conversations with friends over the Christmas / New Year's break, this has really tarnished our reputation even if it turn's out to be minor. And I don't like giving any Ammo to the opposition.
We will get through this.........

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10