Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Gorman on the radio saying that they had all their final submission in on July the second.

So any reports that have been made about Manly wanting extra time (last week I think) wasn't correct.

So the decision makers have had all the info for 6 or so weeks.

Gorman on the radio saying that they had all their final submission in on July the second.

So any reports that have been made about Manly wanting extra time (last week I think) wasn't correct.

So the decision makers have had all the info for 6 or so weeks.

Won't say I told you so?

Will the NRL publish a report on their website so that we can all see and judge for ourselves the evidence they have convicted and punished Manly on?

This is what a pro sport like the NFL does:
Independent investigator Ted Wells submitted his report to Commissioner Roger Goodell and the New England Patriots on Wednesday in relation to the footballs used in the AFC Championship Game against the Indianapolis Colts. The findings are now available to the public.
INVESTIGATIVE REPORT CONCERNING FOOTBALLS USED DURING THE AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME ON JANUARY 18, 2015
http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/photo/2015/05/06/0ap3000000491381.pdf

You can if ya want..... I just don't remember the context...

By:Supreme Leader- Jul 26, 2018

One of my sources (who is a Board member at another club) said to me that the final report has been submitted to the NRL from the committee that sat through the appeal. Evidently it was rather damming about the processes and terminologies of what is and ain't a TPA under law used by the NRL, and that the NRL had to revisit it's rules. His thoughts were that the delay is in the fact that the NRL have to find a positive solution (were they save face) but then introduce the new code for all clubs to follow. They would make that announcement simultaneously.

As with anything with the NRL this could take forever as anything they change will need legal checking so the NRL don't have the same issues. So very unlikely #next week, will become #next few months.

Anyway we are screwed anyway.

By:Supreme Leader- Jul 26, 2018

One of my sources (who is a Board member at another club) said to me that the final report has been submitted to the NRL from the committee that sat through the appeal. Evidently it was rather damming about the processes and terminologies of what is and ain't a TPA under law used by the NRL, and that the NRL had to revisit it's rules. His thoughts were that the delay is in the fact that the NRL have to find a positive solution (were they save face) but then introduce the new code for all clubs to follow. They would make that announcement simultaneously.

As with anything with the NRL this could take forever as anything they change will need legal checking so the NRL don't have the same issues. So very unlikely #next week, will become #next few months.

Anyway we are screwed anyway.

But in the end Supreme Leader do you see Manly being exonerated, given the findings regarding the TPA issue? This year is lost but are the NRL in a position to still be able to penalise Manly, if their standards are so ambiguous. And what does that mean for other clubs that may have been using the TPAs to their benefit using these ambiguous rules and perhaps being found more at fault than Manly? Does the NRL have to accept the investigations rulings?

But in the end Supreme Leader do you see Manly being exonerated, given the findings regarding the TPA issue? This year is lost but are the NRL in a position to still be able to penalise Manly, if their standards are so ambiguous. And what does that mean for other clubs that may have been using the TPAs to their benefit using these ambiguous rules and perhaps being found more at fault than Manly? Does the NRL have to accept the investigations rulings?

Maybe the nrl have been dragging it on for so long this year so they can say:

Look, findings are in. Manly have effectively been fined in 2018, but due to some technical and perceived ambiguous terms we have decided that the 1 year salary cap fine is substantial enough.

Manly have said they will change their protocols and training do adhere to the rules better and we at the nrl will spend the off-season ensuring that there is total clarification and transparency to every salary cap rule.

Maybe the nrl have been dragging it on for so long this year so they can say:

Look, findings are in. Manly have effectively been fined in 2018, but due to some technical and perceived ambiguous terms we have decided that the 1 year salary cap fine is substantial enough.

Manly have said they will change their protocols and training do adhere to the rules better and we at the nrl will spend the off-season ensuring that there is total clarification and transparency to every salary cap rule.

Yeap, still not fair to pin us if we are in the clear. That 330K this year could be used to forward end contracts to improve next years cap.

I think perhaps the NRL will now wait till after 1 Nov, knowing then, we have no recourse for the 330K 2018 cap reduction (we just have to wear is as a 'mistake'). Also, it helps to avoid any other perceived issues in 2018 caps with other clubs - effectively writing this year off. They then give everyone the off season to comply with new TPA rules. They also dont want to announce any penalties this close to finals.

I imagine new rules could see some teams hit harder, as some of their TPAs may become invalid (not the chooks though, they are covered by the Politis sub clause). They won't want this now as some players would be thinking about if they are going to keep getting paid/mabye they should look elsewhere.

And when will the nrl be checking all the other clubs to stop them from doing exactly what we are getting shafted for????

That may well be the whole point of the delay ..... GreenTurd giving all the other clubs plenty of time and guidance on what evidence and "offending" words to remove from all records ....

No
Yes
In fairness each club would need to be reviewed, but most likely be told to just fix it and swept under the carpet
No

Sucks doesn't it!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10