Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Great minds think ....

PSS ,,, or at least those not handicapped by numb-nuuttery ....

Lol, if they went after all the clubs then you could imagine the damage that would do to the whole league and Todds tenure would end. Hit Manly with show causes, drag them through the mud so it looks like he accomplished something and send a warning to clubs that from *random date* all clubs must comply with the following rules blah blah blah.

we at the nrl will spend the off-season ensuring that there is total clarification and transparency to every salary cap rule.
For total clarification and full transparency they would have to announce that it's now official (what everyone always thought): "The Roosters Broncos and Storm can do whatever they please. The other clubs can eat cake"

For total clarification and full transparency they would have to announce that it's now official (what everyone always thought): "The Roosters Broncos and Storm can do whatever they please. The other clubs can eat cake"

One of my very best mates is a Rorters fan, I actually spoke to him on the phone this morning.

He said “ I’m just plain embarrassed but winning is winning isn’t it”.

Nope.

They'll say something like "Manly have continued to drag the game into disrepute for the majority of the year with a failed appeal and as a result there will be a substantial increase in fines and cap restrictions".

Then they will go on to say they will be changing their rules to improve transparency and clarification so no other club can be fined...

I think that would result in a civil court case which I suspect the NRL would lose. They will be hoping Manly accepts a middle ground decision including waiving the salary cap and fine penalties for next year, and suggesting both sides are at fault and aiming to solve the TPA issues. They will hope that will sufficiently appease Manly regarding the loss of $330,000 this year. Personally I would go for the jugular if Manly are shown to be blameless

"remove from all records"

Contracts cannot be altered.

Take your point .... but I think the devil is in what was said, promised , stated, inferred by people at the club to get it all to happen .... I doubt there is anything of worry in the contract itself ...

I am of the understanding that the impartial appeal judiciary's findings are an "assessment" only and the NRL is not bound to follow them.

Greenturd wouldn't have made it impartial if he was bound to their assessment, would he.

But I suspect he is bound by the assessment whether he intended such or not. If the assessment is damning and the NRL are found at fault, this would constitute evidence in any civil court action. To act contrary to an enquiry they themselves set up, and being seen to ignore those findings to the detriment of another party would constitute a breach of fair trading. A civil court would crucify them

I was just exaggerating...

But

Pretty sure the T & C's of the clubs arrangement with the NRL (in relation to the appeals process) details that regardless of the outcome of the appeal, the NRL can choose to dismiss the findings...

Basically the NRL only loses if they choose to lose.

I have no doubt there will be changes coming but Manly will be forced to cop this on the chin and move on... Pretty sure that's what Gorman is saying as well.

My opinion. This years cap penalty will apply. Next years will be suspended, pending an audit of next years cap (including 3rd party deals). Call it a hunch. Both the NRL and club both win.

But I suspect he is bound by the assessment whether he intended such or not. If the assessment is damning and the NRL are found at fault, this would constitute evidence in any civil court action. To act contrary to an enquiry they themselves set up, and being seen to ignore those findings to the detriment of another party would constitute a breach of fair trading. A civil court would crucify them

Yes, in a civil court, but that wasn't the topic, was it?

Apparently the NRL are not bound within their own structure to adhere to the findings of the appeals tribunal. Wasn't that the topic?

Yes, in a civil court, but that wasn't the topic, was it?

Apparently the NRL are not bound within their own structure to adhere to the findings of the appeals tribunal. Wasn't that the topic?

If its taken by Manly to a civil court, and they have that right, the NRL are required to show their actions have been equitable and their decisions are legally defensible. Its like in any business. A union for example can take a company to the Industrial Court in challenging rules that are considered unjust. I know this is the case because I have represented a union against a state government department, and won. It can happen.

More than injuries or anything else ... this salary cap drama has fukkened our 2018, and has and will continue to root our 2019 unless resolved shortly ....

Coming into the end of season player stocktakes ... and it is no wonder Baz is blowing up about not having a senior experienced recruitment manager and a salary cap manager .....

... yet numb-nutts want to criticise him for it ....

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10