Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Supreme Leader

Uber L77T playa
Good listening to Trent on Fox. Hear we are considering the appeal. Also heard from another source a civil case of libel & slander is possibly a consequence for the NRL. Some how I think this will take another year? Think Roosters are backing Kelly as well.

MadMarcus

Toovey for NRL CEO
If it was ever in doubt that Greenberg has a pathological hatred for our club it isn't after today.

Compare "we want to get Parra back on track because it's good for the game" with "the other clubs should all be angry with Manly".

I hope this corrupt **** ends up in jail.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Good listening to Trent on Fox. Hear we are considering the appeal. Also heard from another source a civil case of libel & slander is possibly a consequence for the NRL. Some how I think this will take another year? Think Roosters are backing Kelly as well.

He did well didn’t he?

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
If it was ever in doubt that Greenberg has a pathological hatred for our club it isn't after today.

Compare "we want to get Parra back on track because it's good for the game" with "the other clubs should all be angry with Manly".

I hope this corrupt **** ends up in jail.

Gloating comes to mind!!

SeaEagle28

Just got to view the Turdberg comments on the penalties. Good comment if teams cheating the cap they will be caught, if not immediately they will be eventally.
How long have the rorters got then?? Must have better accountants than ours! What a joke and everyone see’s it but no words are ever spoken. Get up boys dust off and let’s go win some games.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Am I the only one who thinks Bozo up and quitting last year around the time this was coming to a head is suss ? Coincidence or convenient ?

Being no longer employed they couldn't compel him to assist with the investigation, and quite clearly he didn't even lift a finger to participate. Be interesting to see how he handles these allegations moving forward. The news report I saw was focusing on Bozo as much as the issue itself. Clearly Todd thinks he is in it up to his eyeballs.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member

conanu

Bencher
Penn should keep saying he’ll fight it but wait a few days till something else happens and the focus is off the club then pay the fine and get on with life. It’s dragged on long enough.
As much as I hate the fact that we would be labelled cheats forever, I totally agree with you. There is no winning really in this situation and when the NRL have no appetite for us to succeed like they did with Parra. The mud has already stuck now so probably best to just move on.

If I was Penn I would just say we are innocent we don't agree with the NRL's findings, but in the interest's of moving on we will accept the punishment.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
Rothfield says Scott Penn knowingly signed Daly's dodgy contract because it was way too shady a deal and Kelly wouldn't touch it.

He needs to be very careful. That's a huge accusation to throw around when in the space of 2 mins he flaked from one version of absolute fact to another version of events and back again.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Rothfield says Scott Penn knowingly signed Daly's dodgy contract because it was way too shady a deal and Kelly wouldn't touch it.

He needs to be very careful. That's a huge accusation to throw around when in the space of 2 mins he flaked from one version of absolute fact to another version of events and back again.

Give him a break he was half pissed!!

PS: have a feeling he might be in DEEP **** over those comments!!

conanu

Bencher
One good thing to come out of this is that as supporters we are galvanizing behind the club and not blaming Penn and Bozo. 2 years ago I would have been happy to see them cop it, but not now. We have a common enemy in Greenberg!.

Chuck

Reserve Grader
For the love of god, publish Player salaries just like American sports so we can all see what everyone is earning. Remove TPA's and let players organise them directly with sponsors. If a Thurston can earn $2M per year with Coca Cola outside the cap then who fkn cares. It's his right. Clubs should have no part in it.

But they won't publish exact salaries & TPA's EVER, because we all know what the Roosters & Broncos caps would be waaaaaaaay over.

Has anyone wondered why the cap reduction figure is 660k, 330k x2? Such unusual numbers. No other "rorters" have had to carry a reduction into the following year.

Did the NRL calculate we have 330k left for this year and decided it isn't a high enough penalty, and then doubled it?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
15 12 3 113 28
15 10 5 108 24
15 10 5 77 24
16 10 6 195 22
15 8 7 40 22
15 8 7 64 20
16 9 7 2 20
15 8 7 -30 20