Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Supreme Leader

Uber L77T playa
"Just had a telephone call from a Philippines Telemarketing team representing the Media, NRL & Police asking if I had any involvement in the Manly Scandal and wanting to know if I was in the carpark and how much was in the brown paper bag.

I gave them the Sgt Schultz response of course....."

This will be what we will be hearing from the players over the next few weeks I reckon.

Loaded dog

Well used Member
If you are old enough, you will remember the Mortein slogan - "when you are on a good thing... stick to it" ( that was when it was ok to spray DDT around the house? who said it was dangerous? Look at me!)

Manly is a good thing for selling papers, and the journos are sticking to it. Really who cares. As said above, Manly hates you too.

btw, there is no such thing as bad publicity!

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
If you are old enough, you will remember the Mortein slogan - "when you are on a good thing... stick to it" ( that was when it was ok to spray DDT around the house? who said it was dangerous? Look at me!)

Manly is a good thing for selling papers, and the journos are sticking to it. Really who cares. As said above, Manly hates you too.

btw, there is no such thing as bad publicity!

A small point

The clubs brand value is impacted by stories like this - it could turn into a positive if played out correctly but I am not sure they know how to go down that path

Ned

Bencher
Penn should just tell them to **** off and not co-operate at all. Manly passed the mid year audit and that Ray someone or other did his Manly integrity report and found nothing.
He can't. We're part of a league, and as such we are bound by the rules of that league and we have to play by those rules.

chuckee

Formerly CJAeagle
This is the single greatest witch hunt in the history of the NRL. All these outlets are full of fake news trying to create a story out of nothing and will do anything to derail our run.
Nothing will stop our run, we will just keep on winning.

The Royal Soup

First Grader
Bloody slow news day today, I'm itching for an update to this saga, what's the latest? Where is the evidence? What has happened to the paper bag....

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
He can't. We're part of a league, and as such we are bound by the rules of that league and we have to play by those rules.

Which,..we have done by passing a mid year audit and also another audit on integrity based issues.

But I think you missed the point which was more....everyone can get stuffed, we've done nothing wrong and it's outrageous to be put under investigations by some journo's innuendo.

I don't understand your response.

Frogz

Bencher
Premium Member

btw, there is no such thing as bad publicity![/QUOTE]

Bernard Tomic will disagree with you there.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Trent did a news conference today.

First question about the cap and if there any concerns.

Trent said: "Penn assures us there's nothing to worry about, we have absolutely no concerns what so ever."

So guess the next question.......

"Given that there are serious penalties for cap breaches....are you concerned at all?"

Trent did a lot better than I did in politely responding to that galatically stupid follow up question.

It's no wonder 'journos' in aust are hell bent on destroying league....they just don't realise they are doing it with their stupidity.

nightster

The older I get the better I was
Premium Member
Tipping Member
trent did a news conference today.

Trent said: "Penn assures us there's nothing to worry about, we have absolutely no concerns what so ever."

"Given that there are serious penalties for cap breaches....are you concerned at all?"

Trent did a lot better than I did in politely responding to that galatically stupid follow up question.

It's no wonder 'journos' in aust are hell bent on destroying league....they just don't realise they are doing it with their stupidity.

Its an AFL plot

Simonmyers11

First Grader
They interviewed Trent Barrett on fox sport news. He said he was not worried at all and said it was even laughable. The players were even joking about which player got the payment.

He said the club is so professional in everything they do and is very confident nothing will come out of it, just rumours. He said the club isn't a very rich club, they don't have a lot of money to splash around, no leagues club, they barley stay a float at times. They are predominantly a young side and a side filled with a lot of less well known players on not much money, who are just doing their very best every week. They faced similar bullsh&t claims last year and just got on with it.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
They interviewed Trent Barrett on fox sport news. He said he was not worried at all and said it was even laughable. The players were even joking about which player got the payment.

He said the club is so professional in everything they do and is very confident nothing will come out of it, just rumours. He said the club isn't a very rich club, they don't have a lot of money to splash around, no leagues club, they barley stay a float at times. They are predominantly a young side and a side filled with a lot of less well known players on not much money, who are just doing their very best every week. They faced similar bullsh&t claims last year and just got on with it.

Mate, if you see post #303 (about 4 above yours....you'll read what the best looking and smartest guy on the forum had to say about the same interview! @:cool::rofl:

sheridanstand78

First Grader
The salary cap audit process has to be under question if we have had yet another so call investigation about a club allegedly rorting the cap. The governance of our game is something that should be scrutinised. The whole cap is open to rorting because the rules about 3rd party payments are not clear and we have media organisations and gambling organisations at the heart of sponsoring the game.

I hope that our owners are compiling a defamation suit because of we are cleared of this, then the reputation of our club has been slurred and damaged by this process.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The salary cap audit process has to be under question if we have had yet another so call investigation about a club allegedly rorting the cap. The governance of our game is something that should be scrutinised. The whole cap is open to rorting because the rules about 3rd party payments are not clear and we have media organisations and gambling organisations at the heart of sponsoring the game.

I hope that our owners are compiling a defamation suit because of we are cleared of this, then the reputation of our club has been slurred and damaged by this process.
You'd hope but it didn't happen last time.

By the way BIG dollars required to run a defamation case these days, something like this probably $500-$600k and no guarantee of winning.

They've probably learnt their lesson with the Coco No Joy outcome and just are accepting it for what it is.

PS: I only know about the defamation trial costs because I'm " sort of" involved in one at present, just as a potential witness , and the company told me it was costing them $400k to get it to trial, and if they don't get an out of court settlement at least another $300k to see it to fruition.

Frogz

Bencher
Premium Member

Im pretty sure that the NRL Salary Cap Squad have never found any teams indiscretions, it has always come form a third party tip off. They are really a useless organisation from top to bottom.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Trent did a news conference today.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...ocial&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=FoxNRL

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16