Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
So another 24hrs into the Salary Cap scandal and where are we at?.....

- Manly is continuing to be plastered all over the headlines for allegedly potentially maybe being involved in something untoward. So far though, there is no investigation because there is no evidence.

- Potentially, maybe, kind of, unsure about Manly being involved in Foz's unpaid 3rd party agreements. But this was reported on 12months ago and nothing was found.

- There maybe a $300k TPA payment to someone from some club but.... so far there is nothing connecting Manly to these allegations.

Gee whiz - How long will Manly allow the clubs brand to be defamed without some type of legal action?

I notice the Brent Read from the Australian has moved on to ''So IF found guilty of salary cap breaches...all the other teams (and parra) will look closely....."

So he's done a whole article on a hypothetical as there is no evidence but he's trying to keep the fire burning.

May as well have written... "If Godzilla walked down and ate a pastry and sipped a latte, would the roosters sign him before Parra?"

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/tv-shows/nrltonight

6 July show up later:

Hooper on NRL Tonight reckons this will go nowhere (thanks smh, massoud :confused:)
A racing Identity and a well known Business man had a falling out.
Said BM then went and blabbed to the NRL and that's how the media got wind of it

Wonder if Manly are the horse in this Fine Cotton saga :p
Singleton Johns Hayson Foran. Were they not all mixed up together untill there was a falling out about info on a horse being leaked.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers

Some relevant quotes from the article:

Manly chief executive Joe Kelly confirmed to the Sunday Telegraph that the club has been approached by Foran’s legal representatives surrounding a contract dispute regarding third party payments.

“We’ve asked on numerous occasions for written evidence of such dispute and to date nothing has been forthcoming,” Kelly said. “In our opinion there is no dispute. It is simple for us.”

The murky waters of the NRL’s third party deals will again come under fire. There is no suggestion of any salary cap wrongdoing by the club. Foran left the Sea Eagles at the end of last year to sign a rich four year deal at the Eels.

Under the Sticks

The spirit of Mooney 🦅
Premium Member
I notice the Brent Read from the Australian has moved on to ''So IF found guilty of salary cap breaches...all the other teams (and parra) will look closely....."

So he's done a whole article on a hypothetical as there is no evidence but he's trying to keep the fire burning.

May as well have written... "If Godzilla walked down and ate a pastry and sipped a latte, would the roosters sign him before Parra?"
That was the bulldogs and Sharkies you are referring to....oops wrong dinosaur/reptile.....but he was walking and not running like he could.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Interestingly this morning on the big sports breakfast, Andrew Webster said he felt sorry for Manly, who seem to be caught up in a situation between two dubious characters who had association with past players.
Did he apologize for personaly attacking Manly's Captain :think:

The smh chose to headline Manly as Cap Cheats and the rest of the Media lead with the slur.
They could have headlined with - Dubious characters attempting to infiltrate League :cool:

HappilyManly

Journey Man
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...k=94911ef373b0a361c0d66ea48bc2c509-1499381225

NRL to begin salary cap probe as Manly Sea Eagles deny any wrongdoing
MICHAEL CARAYANNIS, The Daily Telegraph

THE NRL will begin interviewing senior Manly officials as early as next week as it looks to ramp up its investigation into alleged salary cap breaches by the Sea Eagles.

Manly continued to deny claims of any wrongdoing after the NRL announced
it would investigate the Sea Eagles regarding any illicit payments made outside the salary cap.

And on Thursday, the NRL began planning tactics for its investigations into a host of salary cap and integrity issues at the Sea Eagles despite not having any evidence of salary cap violations.

At the centre of allegations against the Sea Eagles are claims they made secret cash payments to a player, which is outside the salary cap rules.

It is understood police recently approached the NRL for clarity regarding the game’s third-party arrangements.

The NRL’s integrity unit investigator Karyn Murphy, a former police officer, will lead the investigation.

Murphy spearheaded the NRL’s examination of the Parramatta Eels last year which uncovered evidence of widespread salary cap rorting, resulting in the club being docked 12 competition points and a host of administrators being thrown out of the game.

It is understood the NRL will call in forensic experts to examine documents and computers if Murphy and her team uncover any evidence of wrongdoing.

There is also growing angst within NRL headquarters concerning the police, whose prolonged investigations are damaging the code.

It has been more than a year since police announced they would investigate alleged match fixing in the NRL — a day after Origin I.

Now the build-up to Origin III has been overshadowed by allegations of spot fixing, tax evasion, money laundering and illegal third-party payments.

Police are set to clear anyone of being involved in match fixing.

The NRL has pledged to take action against anyone found guilty of criminal activity but is disappointed that the game has again been slurred on the eve of the showpiece Origin finale.

An NRL spokesman said there would be no comment until the investigation was completed.

Manly remain defiant.

“The Sea Eagles confirm there are no allegations in relation to any irregularities with regard to the club’s salary cap,” the statement read.

“The club prides itself on strong governance and the highest level of integrity and compliance regarding the salary cap.

“The club is pleased to see report that no allegations have been proven in relation to the 12-month match-fixing investigation. The club is proud of its record of success and took immediate action by bringing in Ray Murrihy as an integrity consultant as soon as the allegations were made. Ray wrote an extensive report which cleared the club of any governance issues.

“The club has zero tolerance for inappropriate behaviour and if any charges or substantive claims are made we will tackle them head on and co-operate fully with the authorities as we have always done.”

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
There is also growing angst within NRL headquarters concerning the police, whose prolonged investigations are damaging the code.
giphy.gif

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
This paragraph says it all

And on Thursday, the NRL began planning tactics for its investigations into a host of salary cap and integrity issues at the Sea Eagles despite not having any evidence of salary cap violations.

No evidence, says it all

Penn should just tell them to **** off and not co-operate at all. Manly passed the mid year audit and that Ray someone or other did his Manly integrity report and found nothing.

At least we haven't used the Andrew Gee defense (yet.)

Total disgusting witch hunt by disgruntled journos who probably want corporate seats but don't get given them.

Harvies elbow

I'm a country member....... " Yes we remember "
2017 Tipping Competitor

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Just like " the darkest day in sport", they make a big noise but have absolutely nothing as proof.

And meanwhile our brand is totally trashed.

****ing journos, they are the lowest pieces of **** on earth FAR worse than even used car salesmen!

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16