Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I just cannot see Greenslime not saving face, somehow.

I don’t have any inside knowledge ( many thanks @Supreme Leader ) just a gut feel of how our mate Toddy might handle this.

I’m thinking ,

1) warnings to Bare & Kelly but no charges.

2) small fine on Manly , maybe $100k for “ technical breaches” , there’s the face saving part

3) Manly then able to access their full cap.

In return for Manly not taking this further down a legal channel.

Penn & Co will look at the costs of doing this v the small fine and accept the verdict.

If it’s any worse than that ,ie loss of points, large fine , Bare stripped of accreditation then it will be on for all money and we can forget any further signings and any final verdict for most of season 2018.

Note, opinion only ZERO inside knowledge.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I don't think Penn would waste money on lawyers and requesting extensions if he didn't think they had good prospects of getting off completely or to mitigate damages to a minimum. Hoping for a quick and positive outcome.

Yes that’s why I suggested the” saving face $100k fine”.

Not enough to fight but still means Toddy gets his day in the sun.

Getting off scott free , to me, seems unlikely for that reason.

Ryan

Journey Man
I just cannot see Greenslime not saving face, somehow.

I don’t have any inside knowledge ( many thanks @Supreme Leader ) just a gut feel of how our mate Toddy might handle this.

I’m thinking ,

1) warnings to Bare & Kelly but no charges.

2) small fine on Manly , maybe $100k for “ technical breaches” , there’s the face saving part

3) Manly then able to access their full cap.

In return for Manly not taking this further down a legal channel.

Penn & Co will look at the costs of doing this v the small fine and accept the verdict.

If it’s any worse than that ,ie loss of points, large fine , Bare stripped of accreditation then it will be on for all money and we can forget any further signings and any final verdict for most of season 2018.

Note, opinion only ZERO inside knowledge.

Sounds about right to me. Also, with a sprinkle of, "we are overhauling the system so this doesn't happen again, because we are all over it now".

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Evidence adjudicated on using objective facts of law = Manly is innocent.

Evidence adjudicated on using Nrl's subjective bias and anti Manly sentiment = Manly guilty.

I wonder which way G'burg will go?

The Indian

Bencher
I'm thinking the Todd is bluffing with a 2 and a 7 'offsuit' here too..... BUT as has been mentioned old Greenslime will have to save face so no doubt there will be some sort of penalty he is currently cooking up.

Imagine if he has blocked us from signing umpteen players over many months and in the end it all was for nothing.....he would look a right goose..... OK he would look a right goose AGAIN....but anyway that could NEVER HAPPEN so he has to hit us with something. So he will.

Real question for our management is to we go along with Greenslimes charades and offer a public "mea cupla" and move on.....or do we roll the dice and call the NRL's bluff. Guess it depends on the penalty.

Todd has a tricky path to weave in the next few days me thinks....issue a harsh enough penalty so that he saves face to the rest of the league BUT not too harsh so his bluff isn't called by us. I'll bet he's negotiating the same via backdoor deals as we speak.

sheridanstand78

First Grader
It is all about Greenturd looking like he is vindicated now, this whole scurrilous process has so far been about a flimsy case to brand us as salary cap cheats when some of our rivals are openly rorting the cap and sniggering in the process!! Like the rest of you out there, I want this put to bed, there are 15 out of 16 clubs who have a clean run to start the season, Manly are handcuffed by this process and that has put us behind the eight ball in a big way. One thing I know and something that Greenturd and co will never get about us, the more you back us into a corner, the more we come out and fight!! We are the poor relative in the NRL at the moment, the media doesn't want much to do with us and we have been pretty much written off by anyone with an opinion out there. I sense that Manly will have a steely determination this year that might not quite get us a premiership this season but set us up so that within 2 years we will be mighty close to one!!!

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I'm thinking the Todd is bluffing with a 2 and a 7 'offsuit' here too..... BUT as has been mentioned old Greenslime will have to save face so no doubt there will be some sort of penalty he is currently cooking up.

Imagine if he has blocked us from signing umpteen players over many months and in the end it all was for nothing.....he would look a right goose..... OK he would look a right goose AGAIN....but anyway that could NEVER HAPPEN so he has to hit us with something. So he will.

Real question for our management is to we go along with Greenslimes charades and offer a public "mea cupla" and move on.....or do we roll the dice and call the NRL's bluff. Guess it depends on the penalty.

Todd has a tricky path to weave in the next few days me thinks....issue a harsh enough penalty so that he saves face to the rest of the league BUT not too harsh so his bluff isn't called by us. I'll bet he's negotiating the same via backdoor deals as we speak.

As I said above a low ball “ face saving” penalty based on TPA “ technical issues “, he gets to gloat, we get our cap back and we all move on.

But if he wants a bigger face saving then I reckon Penn & Co will play hard ball!

If Manly refuse the penalty and go to mediation the NRL will NEED proof of our guilt vand won't be able to make up the rules...as they are doing so far. I don't think they have any and Penn knows it.

These are the factors that will ultimately decide the outcome I feel.
How much face does Greenturd try to salvage against the risk of losing in mediation?
How much harm does Penn feel we/he have been done and how pissed-off is he?

It better be a bloody small fine Greenturd or you'll probably never work again I reckon.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I'm wondering if we will get hit with a fine but it will be partially suspended, so Toddy can save face.

Somewhere there will have to be face saving, if Penn goes them and succeeds with massive compensation then you’d have to imagine Greenslimes position would be untenable!

So a small “ face saving” fine and let’s move on shall we!

Brissie Kid

Bencher
This week Todd Greenberg did himself and the game no favours when he attempted to smother the timekeeping fiasco at Brookvale last Sunday as further proof suburban grounds have passed their used-by date.

Penrith captain Jamie Soward wasn’t the only one blowing up.

You should have heard the reaction from Manly fans in our office when they read between the lines of a story in Wednesday’s paper that suggested Brookvale was to blame for the vital seconds lost at the end of an action-packed afternoon.

I’d imagine the reaction would have been the same in workplaces around the city as fans saw through the spin and realised the agenda.

Firstly, anyone who has ever been to Brookvale would have realised long before now that it is almost impossible to see when a try is scored in the corners below the main grandstand.

The fans always jump up in their seats and scream when Manly scores, and they stand and jeer when it is the opposition.

Maybe the NRL should have looked at this problem before last Sunday and given the timekeeper a better and bigger seat, or perhaps a spot on the sideline where he had full view of the game.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...t/news-story/12fbdd6a312bd2a172ddb885a9977312

1c7a19b407443fd7aafe34d56c2510c2

MadMarcus

Toovey for NRL CEO
I'm wondering if we will get hit with a fine but it will be partially suspended, so Toddy can save face.

I reckon $50k now / $50k suspended. The NRL will work out its not worth it for us to challenge a $50k fine and they'll still get to crow about how they fined us a 6 figure sum.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I reckon $50k now / $50k suspended. The NRL will work out its not worth it for us to challenge a $50k fine and they'll still get to crow about how they fined us a 6 figure sum.

Correct , not worth fighting a fine of that magnitude, just pay it and move on.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
15 12 3 113 28
14 10 4 118 24
15 10 5 77 24
15 9 6 161 20
15 8 7 64 20
14 8 6 60 20
15 7 7 28 19
15 7 8 21 18
15 8 7 -8 18
15 7 8 -47 18