Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
W2uF1Pd.jpg
Outrageous! Hobbes would never want to fine Manly. I like to think of Hobbes as a Manly kinda tiger. What's the matter with you GE?!

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
I don't think it'll be a win at all.

I'm guessing nothing will change. Approx $300k to be included on this year's cap and a fine also.
He'll be counting on the Penns not taking this further because they don't want to spend the money... Where as he is happy to spend whatever it takes because he is answerable to no one. Even when the league has no money, he is happy spending $30-$50k on 1 night for a party...WTF.

Greensprog won't just let this go. He's shown time and time again that he is a pig headed ceo who thinks he does no wrong. He could be so far off the mark with his evidence but is the kind of guy that won't change his mind because of how far his head is up his own arse.

Happy to be proven wrong but I doubt Greensprog let's this go.
I just hate that that statement from him about what he has to consider proves that with such a unilateral decision, this game is corrupt and rudderless, without any shadow of a doubt.

Tragic Eagle

Tragic
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I thought the Commission was a collective mind. Doesn’t sound like it or Todd is just being egotistical.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
What rugby league really needs is a good old fashioned hack of the nrls data and leading player manager companies.

Id presume this would throw the cat amongst the pigeons big time and while it would be ugly, we could finally get back to a system that is equittable and transparent unlike the monster we currently have , hashed together over decades of poor management

Maybe putin, the panama paper style expose is whats needed for the game to truely move forward.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
What rugby league really needs is a good old fashioned hack of the nrls data and leading player manager companies.

Id presume this would throw the cat amongst the pigeons big time and while it would be ugly, we could finally get back to a system that is equittable and transparent unlike the monster we currently have , hashed together over decades of poor management

Maybe putin, the panama paper style expose is whats needed for the game to truely move forward.

Yep there’s no doubt it’s a total farce now.

More about marketing, TV audience ( and ensuring the favoured teams that provide the most viewers are successful).

We are getting more like the Wrestling every day and less about the true gladiatorial nature of the game that’s been going since 1908.

If I didn’t love my team so much to be honest I wouldn’t watch it, and as it is I only watch those games.

Last edited:

simon64

It's not a lie, if you believe it.
Premium Member
Tipping Member
And while we are on the subject of GreenTurd .... somebody should point out to him, that if these are the fans in the west we are screwing over all the other Sydney clubs to attract ..... maybe we should reconsider ...

And people wonder why I live near Parramatta and still support Sydney FC. Why would I want to be associated with this sort of degenerate ?

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The thing is, these are the sort of "migratory" fans that are not really there for the football, they are attracted to the club for the anarchy ...

As many in the EPL are.

When I had the WCC tour groups over we took them to Man U’s home ground ( Old Trafford) and there’s a section barricaded off by steel fencing for away supporters. Also when they arrive and depart they do so down a “race” that’s fenced off and takes them straight to trains to depart.

I asked the guy who was taking us around about it and he said “ 80% of fans are here for the game 20% are here for the anarchy”.

Jeez I hope that’s never the case in Rugby League.

joeboy

Bencher
How so mark? While Twitter can be somewhat of a barometer to societal reaction, I find it equally to be faux outrage and regenerating so quickly that any legitimate anger is washed over by the next thing to tweet about, and that seems to happen 10 x per day? That's not the kinda reaction needed to force the Broncos/nrl hand? Assuming you are talking about Twitter..,?

Frogz

Bencher
Premium Member
You know for the first time ever (and Im 57) Im not really excited about the footy starting. Ill watch Manly, support Manly but the game has lost it for me. Greenberg and his crop of farkwit commissioners have screwed this game.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
How so mark? While Twitter can be somewhat of a barometer to societal reaction, I find it equally to be faux outrage and regenerating so quickly that any legitimate anger is washed over by the next thing to tweet about, and that seems to happen 10 x per day? That's not the kinda reaction needed to force the Broncos/nrl hand? Assuming you are talking about Twitter..,?

Social media in general mate, PLUS the CCTV vision was aired tonight on mainstream TV.

A LOT of pressure being brought to bear on the Donkeys and the NRL.

Guys I think we should cut Greensprog some slack.. He's made great headway into putting in place some well defined protocols for the NRL integrity unit to follow. All his decisions are based on objectivity and precedent. This has provided all the clubs a clear and transparent understanding of the mechanisms of all NRL rulings.

This was best illustrated by his decision to allow Lodge back into the NRL.

In a media release today Greensprog spoke of this methodology and how it was utilised in his determination to allow Lodge's contract to be approved.

"I’ve fronted him and eyeballed him, I’ve watched him and I’ve listened to some of the demonstrations he’s made to me."

So there you have it. As long as you get a good eye balling from the great Greensprog all will be forgiven.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
15 10 5 77 24
15 9 6 161 20
15 8 7 64 20
14 8 6 60 20
15 7 7 28 19
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18