Sack Barrett

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Should we sack Trent

• Total voters
Im happy that one of the 5 people who oroginally LOL,D at this thread title has backflipped on their smily face and has seen the light to sack BAZ

Is that you DCE ???

Yep, it’s obvious isn’t it... I doubt the Penns will see it that way after extending him. And that’s why I’d be happy to go with the Saudi bid if true... they’d have no problem getting rid of him and paying him out.
Tuberculosis is the first coach that the Penn's have fully endorsed, they alone signed him, they alone extended his contract. They don't strike me as people who willingly munch on humble pie so I suspect it's only a result driven business when it suits their agenda of evening scores. I'll be surprised if they sack TB.

I’m not here to make comparisons but one thing I respected about Toovey was his decision to place the clubs welfare over any need to be the players best mate.

Tooves learned a thing or two from two of the most ruthless coaches there have been, Bozo and Des. Nice guy coaches finish last in professional rugby league.

I reckon history may show we have a jarrad hayne within our ranks. You know "coach killer" . We can revisit this in about 6 or 8 more years . Barret will be the first.

I reckon history may show we have a jarrad hayne within our ranks. You know "coach killer" . We can revisit this in about 6 or 8 more years . Barret will be the first.

Thats an interesting thought JBB.

Can't say I agree or disagree at this stage, but tume will tell.

If the team is still under performing next season and with out any major injury issues , may be[ or probably would be ] time to look at Barrett "s coaching tenure ,[ taking into account that he was extended to 2020 ] Doubt that the Penns or the Manly board would be inclined to remove and have to pay out Barrett unless the circumstances really warranted it , and that that time is definitely not now or at least in the near future and even allowing for the disappointments of this season to date .

There is only one way to stop this thread !!!
timthumb.jpg

I'm still not sure that sacking Barrett would do anything good for our season right now, but it bugs the hell out of me that he always tries deflect blame away from the coaching staff and the team and trots out the same old excuses ("We won't have 17 players next week", etc) after a loss. The team's performance against the Cowboys was disgraceful, and to say otherwise sends the wrong message to everyone. Take responsibility (or, in the current parlance, "ownership"), FFS. He should also be made aware that it's not reassuring for fans to see him sitting in the coach's box with a stunned mullet meets Blue Steel expression on his face, looking like he has no idea what's happening on the field and even less idea how to fix it.

Thats an interesting thought JBB.

Can't say I agree or disagree at this stage, but tume will tell.

Yeah its just a feel i have. Coaches are cheaper and easier to move on. cash is a large motivator to our owners history suggests. But still success is wanted

Yeah its just a feel i have. Coaches are cheaper and easier to move on. cash is a large motivator to our owners history suggests. But still success is wanted
Agreed.

Success equals more outside sponsorship. Sponsors like winners and not losers. More Sponsors means less money that the Penns have to fork out of their own pockets so maybe with the way our season is going this year and over the last few years since the sacking of 2V, it might be in their best interest to re-visit the coaching ranks of our/their NRL side if they want to attract more or even retain the current sponsors.

We need to stop whining about Toovey, and get Hasler back. Hasler is the master at taking underachievers to the next level through discipline and culture buy in. He failed at the Dogs because he had it too easy. Get him back on the payroll immediately as Cartwheels replacement. Maybe he could teach pretty boy what it means to play for Manly.

But we need Toovey to manage the cap, after all he is an accountant. And we all know Hasler can't count.

If,by the slightest of chances,Manly are thinking of off loading Barrett,which I doubt,they may want to move quickly to get the best available because it wouldn’t surprise me that the Eels will be chasing the same person soon

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8