Sack Barrett

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Should we sack Trent

• Total voters
Does this mean you have lost confidence in our coach Strone. I want this to be unambiguous. No sitting on the side lines here.

Not just the coach either the whole coaching staff!!

Ball Sack Barrett

Cartwright

Ferris

All of them
Need to go!!

Bring in Cliffy, Ballin for conditioning

Not just the coach either the whole coaching staff!!

Ball Sack Barrett

Cartwright

Ferris

All of them
Need to go!!

Bring in Cliffy, Ballin for conditioning

Ballin definitely for conditioning. Cliffy in just to show that there are more moves available then just heading to the left every play.

I'll be the first to admit that I wanted Barrett to succeed as coach. If he succeeded, Manly succeeded.

Unfortunately, results wise, its been quite the opposite. Apart from scraping into the Finals last year (although we were top 4 at one point, but our form died off fast), Barrett's coaching at Manly has been a failure. 64 games, 26 wins, 38 losses and a winning percentage of just 40.6. And if we manage to stay where we currently are on the ladder (14th), our average finishing position over the last 3 years will be 11.66.

He may be a good bloke and all that and kudos to him for sticking out this year when a lesser person might have already walked away given what's gone on. But he's proving that he is not a head coach. He failed as the Panthers U/20s coach, missing the finals during a period of domination of the NYC where Penrith finished most years (except his) as either premiers or runner up. And he is failing as Manly coach.

Even when you take away the injuries this year, we are still left with a talented group of players. We have a lot of Test and Origin rep experience even in those that are left and even if some of it is lower ranked Pacific island teams, but its still international experience. In our last game against St Merge we had 10 of the starting 13 with that level of experience, yet we got thumped 32-8 and our only try came from a kid in just his second game.....and that was a piece of individual brilliance rather than any well worked team play. Now granted, the Dragons are on top of the ladder and are in very good form. But even if we still lost, we should be a LOT better than what we have been and were that night.

Negative kicks to touch on the last while in attacking positions. An almost complete lack of team plays and structure with most of our tries in the past 3 years coming like Tom Wright's effort, individual brilliance. Our fitness is lacking, with the exception of DCE and Jake and that tells, especially in defence. Overall, right now we are a shot duck.

We have one of the top ranked and most talented fullbacks in the business, two very talented centres (when Walks is playing), two of the better halves of their generation. We have two powerhouse front rowers, skilled and attacking back rowers and the all round brilliance of Jake. Yet we're playing like a bunch of blokes thrown together for a pick up match in the park. I know its supposed to be a better quality of player, but NSW showed more team play in Game 1 of Origin playing together for the first time as a unit than Manly have shown almost all season.

I wanted Barrett to succeed, but he hasn't. The problem is though, who can we replace him with? There aren't many out there who would be either willing to take over or would be any better. And then there is the problem of his contract until the end of 2020. He won't walk because he'd lose most, if not all, of that money. And if we sack him we'd have to pay him out. He needs to go, the question is will he? And who to replace him with.

I'll be the first to admit that I wanted Barrett to succeed as coach. If he succeeded, Manly succeeded.

Unfortunately, results wise, its been quite the opposite. Apart from scraping into the Finals last year (although we were top 4 at one point, but our form died off fast), Barrett's coaching at Manly has been a failure. 64 games, 26 wins, 38 losses and a winning percentage of just 40.6. And if we manage to stay where we currently are on the ladder (14th), our average finishing position over the last 3 years will be 11.66.

He may be a good bloke and all that and kudos to him for sticking out this year when a lesser person might have already walked away given what's gone on. But he's proving that he is not a head coach. He failed as the Panthers U/20s coach, missing the finals during a period of domination of the NYC where Penrith finished most years (except his) as either premiers or runner up. And he is failing as Manly coach.

Even when you take away the injuries this year, we are still left with a talented group of players. We have a lot of Test and Origin rep experience even in those that are left and even if some of it is lower ranked Pacific island teams, but its still international experience. In our last game against St Merge we had 10 of the starting 13 with that level of experience, yet we got thumped 32-8 and our only try came from a kid in just his second game.....and that was a piece of individual brilliance rather than any well worked team play. Now granted, the Dragons are on top of the ladder and are in very good form. But even if we still lost, we should be a LOT better than what we have been and were that night.

Negative kicks to touch on the last while in attacking positions. An almost complete lack of team plays and structure with most of our tries in the past 3 years coming like Tom Wright's effort, individual brilliance. Our fitness is lacking, with the exception of DCE and Jake and that tells, especially in defence. Overall, right now we are a shot duck.

We have one of the top ranked and most talented fullbacks in the business, two very talented centres (when Walks is playing), two of the better halves of their generation. We have two powerhouse front rowers, skilled and attacking back rowers and the all round brilliance of Jake. Yet we're playing like a bunch of blokes thrown together for a pick up match in the park. I know its supposed to be a better quality of player, but NSW showed more team play in Game 1 of Origin playing together for the first time as a unit than Manly have shown almost all season.

I wanted Barrett to succeed, but he hasn't. The problem is though, who can we replace him with? There aren't many out there who would be either willing to take over or would be any better. And then there is the problem of his contract until the end of 2020. He won't walk because he'd lose most, if not all, of that money. And if we sack him we'd have to pay him out. He needs to go, the question is will he? And who to replace him with.

Agree with your post 100% and to add the thing is while penn and his team are here TB won't be going anywhere, why? It would mean that management would have to be held accountable and actually admit they got it wrong , backed the wrong horse in sacking 2V's and that the club has gone backwards in most areas under their watch.

We as a club in my eyes will continue to be the basket case we are for many more years until penn leaves because this club needs a management overhaul but won't happen.

Last edited:
Agree with your post 100% and to add the thing is while penn and his team are here TB won't be going anywhere, why? It would mean that management would have to be held accountable and actually admit they got it wrong , backed the wrong horse in sacking 2V's and that the club has gone backwards in most areas under their watch.

We as a club in my eyes will continue to be the basket case we are for many more years until penn leaves because this club needs a management overhaul but won't happen.

Won't argue with that. I've been saying for a while now that this club has gone to hell in a hand basket since the Penn's bought out the Quantum side.

Match fixing (although proved false), salary cap, incredibly high contracts done in panic, a club legend shafted big time, constant leaks to the media, a revolving CEO door, some former players not wanting anything to do with the club, constant rumours over not playing at Brookvale. If (when) the Penn's sell the club, I won't be sorry to see the back of them. I just hope that when it happens whoever does take over has the Max Delmege mentality in that they want Manly back where it belongs, back on top.

Won't argue with that. I've been saying for a while now that this club has gone to hell in a hand basket since the Penn's bought out the Quantum side.

Match fixing (although proved false), salary cap, incredibly high contracts done in panic, a club legend shafted big time, constant leaks to the media, a revolving CEO door, some former players not wanting anything to do with the club, constant rumours over not playing at Brookvale. If (when) the Penn's sell the club, I won't be sorry to see the back of them. I just hope that when it happens whoever does take over has the Max Delmege mentality in that they want Manly back where it belongs, back on top.

I agree with you on all of what you have said.
Too much political face saving going on at moment and people putting their own self driven agendas ahead of what is best for the club and what is really needed.

I really respect both the time and the financial investment the Penn’s have made regarding our club but I’m totally at a loss as to what they have planned for our future. Lately I’ve been starting to wonder if their inaction towards the upgrades on Brookie oval are a deliberate ploy in order to save more money by moving all our home games to the SCG. I hope I’m wrong but it seems extraordinary that such a successful business family could not be aware of just how far this club has regressed under their ownership.

Last edited:
I really respect the time and the financial input the Penn’s have put into our club but I’m totally at a loss as to what they have planned for our future. Lately I’ve been starting to wonder if their inaction towards the upgrades on Brookie oval are a deliberate ploy in order to save more money by moving all our home games to the SCG. I hope I’m wrong but it seems extraordinarily that such a successful business family could not be aware of just how far this club has regressed under their ownership.
Andrew I agree, I respect that they have put in a lot of money into this club and I respect them for that part only..as for future planning and all other areas of their leadership is where I question them and never really have trusted them.

I agree also it really dumbfounds me how unaware they have become of our plot.

Last edited:
I don't mean to be harsh, but maybe the CEO, and coach don't actually see that any of this is on them?

Maybe it's all about the excuses they can concoct for not being able to deliver on and off the field?

We are having an exodus of players. We are havibg a huge losing run. We may get our first spoon.

Where is any accountability?

I don't mean to be harsh, but maybe the CEO, and coach don't actually see that any of this is on them?

Maybe it's all about the excuses they can concoct for not being able to deliver on and off the field?

We are having an exodus of players. We are havibg a huge losing run. We may get our first spoon.

Where is any accountability?

If these two aren't doing the job it's up to the Owners to show accountability. They won't sack themselves

Sack Trent Barrett!!!
Sack Trent Barrett!!!
Sack Trent Barrett!!!
Sack Trent Barrett!!!
Sack Trent Barrett!!!
Sack Trent Barrett!!!
Sack Trent Barrett!!!
Sack Trent Barrett!!!
Sack Trent Barrett!!!
Sack Trent Barrett!!!
Sack Trent Barrett!!!
Sack Trent Barrett!!!
Sack Trent Barrett!!!
Sack Trent Barrett!!!
Sack Trent Barrett!!!
Sack Trent Barrett!!!
So what's your point?

After seeing the team named today.....volunteers are now being called for.

Barrett, Cartwright and Ferris are in need of a lift to the local Centrelink.

Or at least, they should be on their way there.....bloody frauds the lot of `em.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6