Sack Barrett

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Should we sack Trent

• Total voters
Zero game plan, and even less resilience... any other coach with Trent’s coaching record at any other club, would be shown the door!

Twice the winning record of Pay, not far behind Dalai Arthur who had to cheat the cap to get more wins, close to McGreggor before this year so not really true

, i can still not feel easy about the continuing delay to re sign and lock in the improved and promising players who have and can offer some real hope and future good prospects . Namely. Lane , Suli , Paseka , Tanga and to an extent Jet Ski ..

There are contract extensions for Api and Sirro sitting on Greenturd's desk waiting to be approved for months now mate. I agree that the guys you mentioned need to be locked in so the are not headhunted but is a contract awaiting approval locking someone in? Are they still on the market until the contract is approved? Maybe part of the reason these guys haven't been extended. Greenturd is screwing us BIG TIME on several fronts.

There are contract extensions for Api and Sirro sitting on Greenturd's desk waiting to be approved for months now mate. I agree that the guys you mentioned need to be locked in so the are not headhunted but is a contract awaiting approval locking someone in? Are they still on the market until the contract is approved? Maybe part of the reason these guys haven't been extended. Greenturd is screwing us BIG TIME on several fronts.
Make some fair points there and i was aware of the reported A P I and Siro pending contract arrangements [ although in Siro "s case and his injury prone issues , maybe some revision on his price tag ] but i was more focusing on the fact that with some players already confirmed to be not retained, at least some of these capable and promising younger group ideally should be re signed by this stage . There was a club statement a few weeks mentioning that Lane would be offered a new contract , maybe there have been attempts to also retain guys like Suli and Paseka Tanga and even Jet Ski as well and again regardless of the salary cap outcome , with Uate , Brown , Hastings and Jono Wright on the way out , again just think that something should have been finalized and confirmed by now to re sign those younger players with good future prospects for the club . What status a pending contract has may be a bit hard to define in regard to A P I and Siro , they have indicated the intent or verbal commitment or what ever but with the elastic nature of contract negotiations and practice these days , a range of interpretations could apply .

Overlooked Myles "s contract money being available as well and would be some doubt with Croker being retained as well . Sure there may be a 330 k penalty to take into account for next season and the club also may be hanging out until June the 30 th player trade options but even with these considerations , really can not see any good value players or certainly big fish on the radar and even available post June the 30 th to be recruited .

Back page of "The Manly Daily" today feels like a bit of PR spin and seems to suggest Barrett isn't going anywhere in a hurry. Talks about how much he still loves the job and runs with the same old excuses - salary cap uncertainty, etc - for a dead season. Not sure if it's been posted online…

Back page of "The Manly Daily" today feels like a bit of PR spin and seems to suggest Barrett isn't going anywhere in a hurry. Talks about how much he still loves the job and runs with the same old excuses - salary cap uncertainty, etc - for a dead season. Not sure if it's been posted online…

WHat a **** Witt Trent is!! Utter crap and full of excuses

BALL SACK BARRETT

Curse continues. Only ex Manly players can successfully coach Manly.

With Google I found out the ones below in underline were Manly players.

O'Connell & Paskins made their debut for Manly as a captain-coach.

Pepperell was a pom. Lowe a kiwi.

GF winners: Willey, Stanton, Fulton, Hasler. Apart from these four men other Manly coaches to reach a GF were O'Connell 51, Arko 57/59, Hunter 68, Ritchie 82 & Toovey 2013.

No Manly team has ever made it to a GF under a coach who wasn't a Manly player.

JOHNSTON, Harold 1947
STEHR, Ray 1947-48
MULLINS, George - 1949
O'CONNELL, Wally 1950-52
BULL, Roy 1953

NORMAN, Ray 1954
DEVERY, Pat 1955-56
ARTHURSON, Kenneth 1957-61
WILLEY, Ron 1962
PASKINS, Tony - 1963

PEPPERELL, Russ - 1964-65
O'CONNELL, Wally 1966-67
HUNTER, George 1968-69
WILLEY, Ron 1970-74
STANTON, Frank 1975-79
THOMSON, Allan 1980
RITCHIE, Ray - 1981-82
FULTON, Robert 1983-88
THOMPSON, Alan 1989

LOWE, Graham 1990-92
FULTON, Robert 1993-99
SHARP, Peter 1999, 2003
HASLER, Des 2004-11
TOOVEY, Geoff 2012-15

BARRETT, Trent 2016-18

Yes I read that and it appears he has given up on this season. Unusual for a coach to say that when mathematically they can still make it.

We have certainly given up on him. But the problems seem to be much deeper than just the coach.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6