Rumours

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Cronk can get ****ed as far as I'm concerned, the talk is that any deal he signs will be with a condition that he doesn't play against Melbourne

He wouldn't do a worse job than Green but I can't cop that condition
I can't believe that he would be that naïve to think that would be an acceptable condition, or for any club to agree to it. I believe that he would be great for us for a year and would be excellent for DCE and for the overall professionalism of the team.

Just got back to Newcastle after a very serious drinkathon with some mates who are at Manly in various capacities. The come back is that this is the shopping list for next year, and please before everyone shoots me down, I don't necessarily agree with the list;
1) Lillyman - Warriors - to strengthen back row
2) Klemmer - Bulldogs - awaiting Bulldogs to sack Des next week to escape the asylum - to play prop
3) Moylan - 5/8 - has been given to Christmas to decide on a move from Penrith - at moment, we are first alternative should he move
4) looking at signing a Warringah RU winger who can goal kick
5) Many is intent on retaining a number of NYC players on extended contracts as they are a year away from potential NRL inclusion
6) Jamil Hoppa to be giving a release to return to NRL in next few weeks
7) They reckon his brother Will back at Manly in 2018 without a Sunday exclusion. Looking at centre

It would appear that a few Blacktown players and fringe NRL players will go to accommodate above.

Read thread on Cronk, but most felt that we don't need him. Green has another year to go and potential for Moylan we are in a flux situation awaiting Moylan. Sounds a bit like this year with us waiting on Snake's & Matai's medical so we could buy players. We will probably be too long and miss out like this year?

Anyway that was the jist of the conversation. They are filthy at the refs and bunker.

Last edited:
Has happened before, last season Hurrell went to the Gold Coast with the proviso that he wasn't allowed to play against the Warriors

Wouldn't have to be written into a contract either, could just be a verbal agreement
That is due to leaving whilst still under contract with the Warriors, they basically said we will let you leave; however, you can't play against us. Cronk is no longer under contract with Melbourne and no such clause would be acceptable.

Just got back to Newcastle after a very serious drinkathon with some mates who are at Manly in various capacities. The come back is that this is the shopping list for next year, and please before everyone shoots me down, I don't necessarily agree with the list;
2) Klemmer - Bulldogs - awaiting Bulldogs to sack Des next week to escape the asylum - to play prop
3) Moylan - 5/8 - has been given to Christmas to decide on a move from Penrith - at moment, we are first alternative should he move
5) Many is intent on retaining a number of NYC players on extended contracts as they are a year away from potential NRL inclusion
7) They reckon his brother Will back at Manly in 2018 without a Sunday exclusion. Looking at centre

It would appear that a few Blacktown players and fringe NRL players will go to accommodate above.

Read thread on Cronk, but most felt that we don't need him. Green has another year to go and potential for Moylan we are in a flux situation awaiting Moylan. Sounds a bit like this year with us waiting on Snake's & Matai's medical so we could buy players. We will probably too long and miss out like this year?

Anyway that was the jist of the conversation. They are filthy at the refs and bunker.

I could live with most of that.

We are unlikely to have as injury free a year again, and each of those players adds strength and depth across the park.

Hoppa coming back, just as he has found his form again, would be great.:nod:

Manly need a hooker on the bench.
Api tires he starts throwing wild passes at his nearest teammate, rather than the half calling for it :confused:

A reliable winger who can goal kick would be ideal:)

Should be a busy off season,with the World Cup preventing our Players from refreshing prior to November 1 @:cool:

Last edited:
That is due to leaving whilst still under contract with the Warriors, they basically said we will let you leave; however, you can't play against us. Cronk is no longer under contract with Melbourne and no such clause would be acceptable.

Was going to say the same thing; I'm pretty sure there have been one or two other mid-season transfers with the same clause attached to the release. Thinking Canberra for some reason, but can't remember who.

We have to stop shifting the blame to Green, we really do. He has somehow become the scapegoat of last nights controversial loss and many other poor showings (last night we weren't that bad though). Green has consistenly been very solid, and is a player who just binds the team together by doing a job and by being a leader. Cronk is past it, Green is fine and his defence last night was likewise.

Cronk would be an absolute waste of money

All those advocating for Green on this forum are content with mediocrity!

I wont deny he has had some moments this year but has lacked consistency and is not a player that can be counted on week in and week out. The result is we will be a team battling to make the 8 rather than one competing for the flag.

I'm not particularly interested in that!

The best thing for the club is if Green goes!

We either have to buy a ready made replacement or give a youngster a go!
I don't believe our ladder position is much different with Green or one of the youngsters!

Read thread on Cronk, but most felt that we don't need him. Green has another year to go and potential for Moylan we are in a flux situation awaiting Moylan. Sounds a bit like this year with us waiting on Snake's & Matai's medical so we could buy players. We will probably be too long and miss out like this year?

Moylan, Klemmer and Hopa on recent form would be great signings. Jamil getting back to nrl would be a plus he was the intra cup back rower of the year.

All those advocating for Green on this forum are content with mediocrity!

I wont deny he has had some moments this year but has lacked consistency and is not a player that can be counted on week in and week out. The result is we will be a team battling to make the 8 rather than one competing for the flag.

I'm not particularly interested in that!

The best thing for the club is if Green goes!

We either have to buy a ready made replacement or give a youngster a go!
I don't believe our ladder position is much different with Green or one of the youngsters!
He made the gf with the storm, why can't he do it with us? We add a quality player or two and we are just as good a side as any

He made the gf with the storm, why can't he do it with us? We add a quality player or two and we are just as good a side as any

Firstly, they have probably the best coach in the business!

Secondly he wasn't one of the key playmakers, he really had a supporting role there.
Cronk, Smith ran the show.

What we also need is a big winger with some pace. Wright looked like he was running in quicksand last night after that intercept - an all too common occurrence. He just offers nothing on attack.
Taufua actually has some decent speed when he wants to use it, i will be excited to see him return.. next year

SO long away

Firstly, they have probably the best coach in the business!

Secondly he wasn't one of the key playmakers, he really had a supporting role there.
Cronk, Smith ran the show.
DCE, Trbojevic, Koroisau, Green
vs
Cronk, Slater, Smith, Green

Not too much difference i don't think, Storm's better but only due to experience. Ours can be more lethal attacking wise

Baz hasn't been bad at all this season either?

DCE, Trbojevic, Koroisau, Green
vs
Cronk, Slater, Smith, Green

Not too much difference i don't think, Storm's better but only due to experience. Ours can be more lethal attacking wise

Baz hasn't been bad at all this season either?

I commend you for your maroon/white coloured glasses my friend!!

Not too much difference, that's like saying there's not too much difference between a BMW & a Ferrari!

DCE, Trbojevic, Koroisau (f***ing nice BMW)

Cronk, Slater, Smith (the Ferrrari of all Ferraris)

p.s. I hate Melbourne as much as the next bloke but this is the truth......no mattter how painful

I agree mate
Green has been great for the team but most importantly for dce. He does all the organizing. If we were to replace him would need a similar style player. None are off contract. Cronk is perfect style of player but too old. Moylan is a floating player like dce.

The player i can think of who is young and a good organiser and kicker is ash taylor. Tyrone may might develop into a great half too?

But for now would be keeping him

I commend you for your maroon/white coloured glasses my friend!!

Not too much difference, that's like saying there's not too much difference between a BMW & a Ferrari!

DCE, Trbojevic, Koroisau (f***ing nice BMW)

Cronk, Slater, Smith (the Ferrrari of all Ferraris)

p.s. I hate Melbourne as much as the next bloke but this is the truth......no mattter how painful
I'm talking out of this years form. DCE and Trbo made the nrl team of the year over Cronk and Slater, and Smith made the team list over Koroisau. Stats-wise dce and trbo have been better than cronk and slater this year and Koroisau a little behind smith but still a really talented player nonetheless. Smith is the only one out of the big three that still is at his peak, Slater has moments

So it's like comparing a really old ferrari to a really new bmw

Thunder only happens when it's raining.

Players only love you when they're playing.

Just ask a Storm player like Cronk.

Why don't you ask him if he's going to stay?
Why don't you ask him if he's going away?
Why don't you tell me what's going on?
Why don't you tell me who's on the phone?

Don't say that you love me

TSK TSK TSK
KEEP HIM AWAY
HE FORS NOT WANT TO BE AN EAGLE

Read more: Fleetwood Mac - Tusk Lyrics | MetroLyrics

I'm talking out of this years form. DCE and Trbo made the nrl team of the year over Cronk and Slater, and Smith made the team list over Koroisau. Stats-wise dce and trbo have been better than cronk and slater this year and Koroisau a little behind smith but still a really talented player nonetheless. Smith is the only one out of the big three that still is at his peak, Slater has moments

So it's like comparing a really old ferrari to a really new bmw

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say most people would rather have an old Ferrari than a new BMW!

NRL team of the year is bollocks...............and stats are deceptive

DCE, I'll give you is a bomb. Cronk is all over him with his running game though.

I like Turbo but he is presently the most over-rated bloke in the team..................not only, Slater but I rate Boyd, Tedesco, Munster, Moylan
as better. I also put Wighton, RTS on par. Turbo's presently got way too many errors in him.

Api is no way near Smith , sorry, that's just wrong!

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say most people would rather have an old Ferrari than a new BMW!

NRL team of the year is bollocks...............and stats are deceptive

DCE, I'll give you is a bomb. Cronk is all over him with his running game though.

I like Turbo but he is presently the most over-rated bloke in the team..................not only, Slater but I rate Boyd, Tedesco, Munster, Moylan
as better. I also put Wighton, RTS on par. Turbo's presently got way too many errors in him.

Api is no way near Smith , sorry, that's just wrong!
We'll agree to disagree then, I don't see how stats as strong as they are can be that deceptive but anyways i understand it's heavily debatable nonetheless :)

Yeah looks like we trying to improve behind the scenes. I hope we snag some of them. I believe jamil a first grader from what i seen.
The one i love us to get is will hoppa, experience on edges good passing game we fit straight in.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8