Rumours

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Tom can't be moved to centre. However, If we bought Will Hoppa (I don't think it's being rumoured), we could have him help turbo out with positioning and give him some tips in the off season. Hopoate could be a great tutor for turbo, he constantly positions himself really well and is a good defender

where is the love for will hoppa coming from all of a sudden.. plays a good few games n every wants him in the team. where was he for 4 yrs when he wasnt playing for a contract
At the parra grave yard. Hoppa was good all this year, it only got highlighted in a couple of games because they actually. What him play for Tonga earlier on in the year, he was amazing then aswell.

I think Toms future lies at fullback but he could really use some tips, his defence is getting better. Made an excellent cover tackle in last weeks game, his defence will come with experience and age. And if we are to get Hopoate I think he is a great fullback, I dont think we lose to much in the ball playing aspect, Hoppa is a very good player of the 3 on 2 overlap, and throws it flat and hard, he has great ball playing skills at fullback.

Im highlighting his positional issues at fullback as a coaching issue.
I think it is more an inexperience issue, he's improved his positioning from last season but still has improvement left in him. It'll develop over time as it always has to with fullbacks.

At the parra grave yard. Hoppa was good all this year, it only got highlighted in a couple of games because they actually. What him play for Tonga earlier on in the year, he was amazing then aswell.
Hate Eels, but no graveyard in 2018
In fact Gutherson is arguably the most improved player in the NRL
while Vave is playing to his best levels when he was at Manly....the Parra that Hopoate went to after door knocking for 2 years, is far different today.

Hate Eels, but no graveyard in 2018
In fact Gutherson is arguably the most improved player in the NRL
while Vave is playing to his best levels when he was at Manly....the Parra that Hopoate went to after door knocking for 2 years, is far different today.
No not these day but pre 2016 the club was ruining every player.

If we get hoppa id seriously think of moving tom to centre and him to fullback. Hoppa is an amazing ball player and can defend and position better than Tom.

Discussion was Hoppa for centre. Turbo has at least 2 years at fullback till he becomes a running forward, there is no plans to change positions. There could be a change in position defensively but certainly not in attack in given match situations. FYI the discussion about the Hoppa family is that the club sees a future with all connected to the club, and whilst John can't train the youngsters he will be there in a mentoring capacity. Hence the linkage.

We should bring Dean Whare back to Manly and play him at centre and for fullback cover. He is in the top 3 defensive centres in the game.
Dan Ferris keeps bragging how good a trainer he is and stops injuries - Whare would be a good challenge for him.

and/or

David Fusitu'a from the Warriors is a gun in a dead wood team. He would be great on the wing

Discussion was Hoppa for centre. Turbo has at least 2 years at fullback till he becomes a running forward, there is no plans to change positions. There could be a change in position defensively but certainly not in attack in given match situations. FYI the discussion about the Hoppa family is that the club sees a future with all connected to the club, and whilst John can't train the youngsters he will be there in a mentoring capacity. Hence the linkage.
Tom wont be a forward haha, now thats silly.

Tom wont be a forward haha, now thats silly.

I laughed too, their concern is his height and age and that as he gets older he will bulk up further. Mark my words - at some point late in his career he will be in the forwards. I dismiss 2 years maybe 6 or 7.

He'll have a career more like inglis I reckon.
Yeah thats what I reckon aswell but due to his ball playing ability I think he may move to Five-Eight in his last 2 or 3 years, hes not going to be a forward with the ability he has, no forward in the game currently has moved from fullback to the forwards just due to size, size is one of his better attributes, has no trouble with the contested catch or getting out of his own end.

We went from Cronk signing with Manly to Tom moving the forwards!

In the words of Ron Burgundy "That really escalated quickly!"

giphy.gif

Tom at 194cm and 102kg and still growing has size, power and skill . He is a hell of an athlete . If we had 6 Toms I would have one at fullback , one on the wing, one at centre , one at 5/8, one in the s/row and also an impact bench player not just coming on to fill but to make an impact and thrill. IMO he would easily replace any player that we have filling those positions now .
1. Tom
2. Tom
3. Tom
4. Walker
5. Uate
6. Tom
7. DCE
8. Kappow
9. Api
10. Lussick
11. Tom
12. Sirro