Rumours

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Yeah looks like we trying to improve behind the scenes. I hope we snag some of them. I believe jamil a first grader from what i seen.
The one i love us to get is will hoppa, experience on edges good passing game we fit straight in.
You know what, that wouldn't be that bad. He'd be a quality centre/winger if he can keep his pricetag low. Would plug a hole in defence if centre and is still only 25. He's played for some **** sides over the years in the Eels and Dogs, yet at the Bulldogs he does look an experienced, cool-headed player. Wouldn't be the worst option although I'm not so sure, there'd be some flaws in his game i'm not thinking of right now. If we can get him cheap then I don't see why not, he plays sundays now

All those advocating for Green on this forum are content with mediocrity!

I wont deny he has had some moments this year but has lacked consistency and is not a player that can be counted on week in and week out. The result is we will be a team battling to make the 8 rather than one competing for the flag.

I'm not particularly interested in that!

The best thing for the club is if Green goes!

We either have to buy a ready made replacement or give a youngster a go!
I don't believe our ladder position is much different with Green or one of the youngsters!

Havent we done exactly that though ?

Metcalfe will be in the top 25 next year by all accounts, pushing for Greens spot.

Hastings, Wright, etc...

Just got back to Newcastle after a very serious drinkathon with some mates who are at Manly in various capacities. The come back is that this is the shopping list for next year, and please before everyone shoots me down, I don't necessarily agree with the list;
1) Lillyman - Warriors - to strengthen back row
2) Klemmer - Bulldogs - awaiting Bulldogs to sack Des next week to escape the asylum - to play prop
3) Moylan - 5/8 - has been given to Christmas to decide on a move from Penrith - at moment, we are first alternative should he move
4) looking at signing a Warringah RU winger who can goal kick
5) Many is intent on retaining a number of NYC players on extended contracts as they are a year away from potential NRL inclusion
6) Jamil Hoppa to be giving a release to return to NRL in next few weeks
7) They reckon his brother Will back at Manly in 2018 without a Sunday exclusion. Looking at centre

It would appear that a few Blacktown players and fringe NRL players will go to accommodate above.

Read thread on Cronk, but most felt that we don't need him. Green has another year to go and potential for Moylan we are in a flux situation awaiting Moylan. Sounds a bit like this year with us waiting on Snake's & Matai's medical so we could buy players. We will probably be too long and miss out like this year?

Anyway that was the jist of the conversation. They are filthy at the refs and bunker.
I'm sure I read somewhere that lillyman has signed with the knights

You know what, that wouldn't be that bad. He'd be a quality centre/winger if he can keep his pricetag low. Would plug a hole in defence if centre and is still only 25. He's played for some **** sides over the years in the Eels and Dogs, yet at the Bulldogs he does look an experienced, cool-headed player. Wouldn't be the worst option although I'm not so sure, there'd be some flaws in his game i'm not thinking of right now. If we can get him cheap then I don't see why not, he plays sundays now
Given the dogs spoken cap issues I believe this rumour may have some legs

If we get hoppa id seriously think of moving tom to centre and him to fullback. Hoppa is an amazing ball player and can defend and position better than Tom.

Are you talking about Toms positional play where he is regularly caught out by being in the main defensive line ?

Yes, that is part.

He is also regularly caught out of position when the opposition put in kicks.
Perhaps we were all spoilt with Snakes uncanny sense and organisational skills at fullback.
Tom seems to struggle being always on and alert, part of his lack of maturity as a player.
I believe this is the main reason also why Robinson moved Mitchell from fullback to centrr/wing - less work to do.

Trouble is our backline depth is so poor, coverage is a problem. Why else would our backup winger/fullback be the worlds slowest in Matt Wright.

Last edited:
Yes, that is part.

He is also regularly caught out of position when the opposition put in kicks.
Perhaps we were all spoilt with Snakes uncanny sense and organisational skills at fullback.
Tom seems to struggle being always on and alert, part of his lack of maturity as a player.
I believe this is the main reason also why Robinson moved Mitchell from fullback to centrr/wing - less work to do.

Trouble is our backline depth is so poor, coverage is a problem. Why else would our backup winger/fullback be the worlds slowest in Matt Wright.

Tom being in the defensive line regularly, especially early in sets and also when we are deep in defence are obviously a coaching tactic, a few other teams do it too ... ( is that contradictory , lol)

Would we all like Tom to tell TB to fk off, and defend like a traditional fullback?
TB is the coach. If you wanna play FG, you play how the coach says.

Tom certainly needs to pick up his handling.
I'm pretty confident this will come with confidence and experience.

Agree re our need for some quality coverage in the outside backs.
Parker is a keeper, hopefully not too injury prone.

Will crank's "future media career" be based on his insight and wit, scintillating conversational skills or compelling screen presence? I can't work it out.
He plays in the game of rugby league. You dont have to stand out too much to get ear marked for a media career these days lol. Most of those recently retired players in the media wouldnt know the correct use of your and you're.

No, I dont believe I've contradicted myself..care to point out where ?
You just questioned the validity of suggesting Tom could move to the centres, where at this stage he might be better suited.

Then highlighted his current issues at fullback in the very next post.

My apologies if I am wrong, but that's how I interpret it.

You just questioned the validity of suggesting Tom could move to the centres, where at this stage he might be better suited.

Then highlighted his current issues at fullback in the very next post.

My apologies if I am wrong, but that's how I interpret it.

Im highlighting his positional issues at fullback as a coaching issue.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8