Pre-Game Raiders v Manly [Round 24, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

48 6
GIO Stadium
27 Aug 2022 03:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get why we ain't trying the young halves and not playing players leaving. We ain't going to win anyway?
Whilst I get what you are saying the NRL rules are that you must first choose out of your top 30.

If for any reason ( no further players of that category available ) you get a special dispensation so that players outside if the 30 can play.

I imagine this weekend Veaga fits into that.

BUT, you couldn’t just bring up Jamie Humphreys if DCE is perfectly fit.

So all these “ why don’t we give the youngsters a go “ comments , whilst we all might agree the NRL doesn’t !!

There is a part of me that hopes the Faders put a big score on us, for no other reason than it enables Canberra to stay in the race for the top eight at the expense of Brisbane or possibly Doesn'tmatta, my two most disliked clubs.
I think your wish might come true

There is a part of me that hopes the Faders put a big score on us, for no other reason than it enables Canberra to stay in the race for the top eight at the expense of Brisbane or possibly Doesn'tmatta, my two most disliked clubs.
Was kind of thinking the same thing myself. A loss will hurt but at least there will be a silver lining!

I think the Raiders are an extremely ordinary football team and whilst I backed both the Titans and the Sharks to smash us ( hey why not make money where you can ) I wouldn't be so sure this week on the Raiders.

I think it will be close and in the end our pea hearted defence + our rare ability to ignore the basics on both sides of the ball will cost us a win.

But I give us some hope this week. I see plenty of points in this one. Not that it matters.

Will you be putting money on us though?
You'd have to think even at the -14.5 line Raiders are the bet...

I agree, plenty of points probably...but most against us unfortunately

All comments aside, they should blow us out of the water this Sat arvo, if there fair dinkum about having a run for 8th spot. Would imagine the place will be packed with the lime green horde all doing that nauseating windmill clap. A win will be one for the ages, and just want to see Ricky kick one more plastic chair...love it.
Give me the clap over that bloody cowbell the Storm has any day.

Actually that didn’t sound right 🙄

Whilst I get what you are saying the NRL rules are that you must first choose out of your top 30.

If for any reason ( no further players of that category available ) you get a special dispensation so that players outside if the 30 can play.

I imagine this weekend Veaga fits into that.

BUT, you couldn’t just bring up Jamie Humphreys if DCE is perfectly fit.

So all these “ why don’t we give the youngsters a go “ comments , whilst we all might agree the NRL doesn’t !!
Weekes can play, and if Humphreys can't play then why is he in our team squad list as on the team sheet. Beside I'm happy to write DCE a sick note, give him a PCR test that already positive.....

Just saw the team selected. Wow frighteningly weak squad.

Couldn't be any slower if you tried - oh wait I stand corrected slow-play Paseka and one-break Bullemor are not there.

This could be 60.

NYEagle

The big broncos loss should inspire the Raiders even more now that the for and again difference is only 1 point.

Even on the nrl site, Manly don't rate a mention anymore... :(

The Broncos have now conceded 113 points in their past two matches against the Storm and Eels and will fall out of the top eight if Canberra beat Newcastle at GIO Stadium on Saturday as the Raiders now have a better for-and-against.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4