Pre-Game Raiders v Manly [Round 24, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

48 6
GIO Stadium
27 Aug 2022 03:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would I be a bad man if I secretly hoped that Manly lose this just to keep open the possibility of the Roosters missing the eight?.

I’m sorry, but I am entertaining this thought!.

I mean think about it, the Roosters disrespected Manly as merely a speed bump 4 weeks ago and are now running around with their shirts off declaring they have bigger fish to fry all the way to the grand final!. Imagine instead they are watching from the mad Monday bus as the Raiders get in to the eight by beating the meagre Tigers in the last game of the year. That would be major BWAHAHAH!!!

Even better, imagine if the Rabbits also lose to Nth QLD setting up the delicious winner-takes-all loser-gets-nothing between these 115 year hated rivals!. Poor Latrell could also miss out!.

NYEagle

Last edited:
Jeez really a game we should win, and pre Jerseygate I had it pencilled for a win. But the motivations now could not be more different. One team praying for the year to end, the other trying to keep an 8 dream alive. A win for Manly really would be a bit amazing. Me and a mate were out to see Bears v Wests last Sunday. I wish some of our blokes might show the same pride in their goal line as some of those guys.

Jeez really a game we should win, and pre Jerseygate I had it pencilled for a win. But the motivations now could not be more different. One team praying for the year to end, the other trying to keep an 8 dream alive. A win for Manly really would be a bit amazing. Me and a mate were out to see Bears v Wests last Sunday. I wish some of our blokes might show the same pride in their goal line as some of those guys.
Unfortunately I don’t hold out much hope for pride against the Raiders Cliffy. Too many players out and nothing to play for.

Next year, and with a somewhat different squad.

NYEagle

Would I be a bad man if I secretly hoped that Manly lose this just to keep open the possibility of the Roosters missing the eight?.

I’m sorry, but I am entertaining this thought!.

I mean think about it, the Roosters disrespected Manly as merely a speed bump 4 weeks ago and are now running around with their shirts off declaring they have bigger fish to fry all the way to the grand final!. Imagine instead they are watching from the mad Monday bus as the Raiders get in to the eight by beating the meagre Tigers in the last game of the year. That would be major BWAHAHAH!!!

Even better, imagine if the Rabbits also lose to Nth QLD setting up the delicious winner-takes-all loser-gets-nothing between these 115 year hated rivals!. Poor Latrell could also miss out!.

NYEagle
Hmmm. A bit of ‘Lattrell’ thinking…🤔

Who knows what to expect for the Raiders game , thought that Manly would have picked up their act against the Sharks but continued with their sub standard form from the previous Titans game . Very ordinary options in attack , poor goal line defence , just too many basic errors . Similar to last week , should be able to turn it around but will have to be a lot more motivated and focused . Maybe not much to play for but still some standards to try to set from a professional level sport perspective

Who knows what to expect for the Raiders game , thought that Manly would have picked up their act against the Sharks but continued with their sub standard form from the previous Titans game . Very ordinary options in attack , poor goal line defence , just too many basic errors . Similar to last week , should be able to turn it around but will have to be a lot more motivated and focused . Maybe not much to play for but still some standards to try to set from a professional level sport perspective
Again, it's all about the first 15min, we get of to a flyer then uncertainty creeps into the Raiders game. We have all seen over the years how they don't like adversity, they didn't get the Faders name by accident...lol.

Again, it's all about the first 15min, we get of to a flyer then uncertainty creeps into the Raiders game. We have all seen over the years how they don't like adversity, they didn't get the Faders name by accident...lol.
One can only hope but Raiders have a bit to play for Looks like playing below their optimum level at present also but still a good line up . D C E produced one his best ever kicking games against the Raiders early in the season , wonder if he is up for it again Most of the side including D C E are way out of sorts in recent weeks and sadly for a good part of this season . Hard to fathom really , sure injuries have played a part but a bit of depth in the club , Other clubs seem to be able to acquit themselves and still play some consistent and competitive footy , Maybe need an injection of new blood , Weekes , Vaega , Tuitavake . Tuilagi , Sykes , Roache , Koula nd Haumole finally got their opportunity and have gone from strength to strength

One can only hope but Raiders have a bit to play for Looks like playing below their optimum level at present also but still a good line up . D C E produced one his best ever kicking games against the Raiders early in the season , wonder if he is up for it again Most of the side including D C E are way out of sorts in recent weeks and sadly for a good part of this season . Hard to fathom really , sure injuries have played a part but a bit of depth in the club , Other clubs seem to be able to acquit themselves and still play some consistent and competitive footy , Maybe need an injection of new blood , Weekes , Vaega , Tuitavake . Tuilagi , Sykes , Roache , Koula nd Haumole finally got their opportunity and have gone from strength to strength
All comments aside, they should blow us out of the water this Sat arvo, if there fair dinkum about having a run for 8th spot. Would imagine the place will be packed with the lime green horde all doing that nauseating windmill clap. A win will be one for the ages, and just want to see Ricky kick one more plastic chair...love it.

All comments aside, they should blow us out of the water this Sat arvo, if there fair dinkum about having a run for 8th spot. Would imagine the place will be packed with the lime green horde all doing that nauseating windmill clap. A win will be one for the ages, and just want to see Ricky kick one more plastic chair...love it.
Ahh, yes, the clap - now if only we can get the crowd to give the players .......... Damn, I already used that one!

So yes, their forwards have hit their straps at abad time for us. Croker is going to be very busy. He'll sleep well Saturday night.

Sadly they’ve clocked off , you can see it on their faces.

Y
I'd have to be a fool to keep thinking we'll show up with some fight...another flogging is the logical outcome.
Yep, the head says flogging but I've been foolish once or ....... twice, so I'm going to risk it again and just hope they can put in an effort. In fact I'll go out on a limb and say that watching them at Brookie last week, I didn't see too many not trying. I don't know if anyone saw Haumole going off at the linesman at one point, throwing his mouth guard on the ground with the Sh*ts. He was certainly trying as were Parks, Harper, Foran, Croker and others but we certainly couldn't match the Sharks' confidence and enthusiasm. I don't think those players are having a lot of fun losing each week and I don't think it's in them to just lay down. We don't have a team with any polish, that's for sure. That showed when we had plenty of scoring opportunites in the first 15 minutes last week and couldn't get acros the line. But if we can start like that again and actually get some points, hopefully that will spur them on. We need it.

Pissweak isn't it. Zero expectation of anything other than another pitiful flogging. Never thought I'd witness this level of pathetic in a Manly team.
You already saw it ..... remember the Barrett years? Same ****, different coach. Thank **** we have a centre of excellence. Imagine where we'd be without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10