Pre-Game Raiders v Manly [Round 24, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

48 6
GIO Stadium
27 Aug 2022 03:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at all surprising, I'd have actually been shocked if he were to run a few of the younger players, if he keeps this up their managers won't waste time finding a club who will offer them a 1st grade opportunity, you would think our team was on fire with Haslers unwillingness to bring them up, especially when there's nothing to play for, unbelievable 😡
The fossil has some idea in his head that the kid will magically click into gear with 10 minutes of game time. But unfortunately even with more game time I like others just don't see him clicking into gear anytime soon.

Agree about Weekes. What is the point of him playing juniors or with Blacktown?? Give the kid a run in his preferred position, in games that matter very little.
They matter to Des obviously, this is the side he wants out there. Des is under the pump and needs a win to keep the critics of his back.

Even just giving Foz a break on the bench during the game and moving Josh to 5/8 would be good to see.
Agreed. He had almost a second 5/8 commission at Brookie last weekend with a few passes to him on the 4th looking for him to create something. Didn't come to much that night but I think the intent was there from Des

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Coach Des Hasler has named his Round 24 squad to take on the Canberra Raiders at 3pm this Saturday at GIO Stadium.

Brought to you by:
1Tolu Koula
2Ray Tuaimalo Vaega
3Brad Parker
4Morgan Harper
5Christian Tuipulotu
6Kieran Foran
7Daly Cherry-Evans (c)
pp-activemc.png
8Josh Aloiai
9Lachlan Croker
10Toafofoa Sipley
pp-crossx.png
11Haumole Olakau'atu
12Andrew Davey
13Dylan Walker
14Ben Trbojevic
15Josh Schuster
16Martin Taupau
17Kurt De Luis
18Ethan Bullemor
19Kaeo Weekes
20James Roumanos
21Jamie Humphreys
22Jacob Sykes
CoachDes Hasler
May God have mercy on our souls.

Random thought , if generally fullbacks are better players than centres, in the juniors games I watched , Weekes was the fullback and Koula was a centre. So? Well maybe Weekes potential at least matches Koula, and Koula hasn’t failed. Weekes always looked a confident player.. not unlike his trial game appearance , which feels a million weeks ago, back around the time Alexander was proving his leadership skills slaughting Persians, another young success story. But who cares about that because the excitement of watching our current centres or bench whoever’s cant be denied! I think the Des doesn’t want to loose comments above are spot on. Sad To see potential without opportunity.

Pissweak isn't it. Zero expectation of anything other than another pitiful flogging. Never thought I'd witness this level of pathetic in a Manly team.
I can feel you're pain mq, certainly going through horror run. It's like a ride on a ghost train, every turn we take only gets more scarier.

Im not saying Manly are in form but we will win this one. Anyone see Canberra play recently? They are not the team vying for top 8 ... they are a rabble and we will tear them to pieces
We certainly have the wood on them at Bruce Stadium. Even their own supporters are divided on who's going to win. Going on their last last game 2pt win against the Knights, we are a chance alright.

Pissweak isn't it. Zero expectation of anything other than another pitiful flogging. Never thought I'd witness this level of pathetic in a Manly team.

Des DOES sport the 2nd worst defensive (points against) streak in the history of NRL over a 20 game block since his return (western Suburbs Magpies the worst when they couldn't field a full team).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8