PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Storm v Manly [Round 19, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
NRL Fox Late mail

Melbourne Storm v Manly Sea Eagles at AAMI Park (7.35pm)

Storm: 1. Jahrome Hughes 2. Sandor Earl 3. Will Chambers 4. Justin Olam 5. Josh Addo-Carr 6. Cameron Munster 7. Brodie Croft 8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Cameron Smith 10. Nelson Asofa-Solomona 11. Felise Kaufusi 12. Kenneath Bromwich 13. Dale Finucane 14. Brandon Smith 15. Christian Welch 16. Joe Stimson 17. Ryan Papenhuyzen 18. Marion Seve 19. Tui Kamikamica 20. Tom Eisenhuth 21. Tino Faasuamaleaui

Players cut:

Sea Eagles: 1. Tom Trbojevic 2. Jorge Taufua 3. Moses Suli 4. Brad Parker 5. Reuben Garrick 6. Dylan Walker 7. Daly Cherry-Evans 8. Addin Fonua-Blake 9. Manase Fainu 10. Martin Taupau 11. Joel Thompson 12. Curtis Sironen 13. Jake Trbojevic 14. Lachlan Croker 15. Corey Waddell 16. Morgan Boyle 17. Taniela Paseka 18. Cade Cust 19. Brendan Elliot 20. Jack Gosiewski 21. Lloyd Perrett

Players cut:

Late mail: Manly half Cade Cust missed last week with a concussion but could be swapped into the starting line-up for Lachlan Croker.

Sea Eagles: 1. Tom Trbojevic 2. Jorge Taufua 3. Moses Suli 4. Brad Parker 5. Reuben Garrick 6. Dylan Walker 7. Daly Cherry-Evans 8. Addin Fonua-Blake 9. Manase Fainu 10. Martin Taupau 11. Joel Thompson 12. Curtis Sironen 13. Jake Trbojevic 14. Lachlan Croker 15. Corey Waddell 16. Morgan Boyle 17. Taniela Paseka 18. Cade Cust 19. Brendan Elliot 20. Jack Gosiewski 21. Lloyd Perrett

Players cut:

Late mail: Manly half Cade Cust missed last week with a concussion but could be swapped into the starting line-up for Lachlan Croker.

I can't see Des putting Cust in for Croker.

Croker is a better defender than Cust and has a bit more composure to his game.
On the missed tackle stats there is not much difference between them and I think Cust offers more with ball in hand . It will be interesting how Des will see it with his future team selections

Confession time: When i first stumbled upon this fan forum a few years back, the very first message i vividly remember reading was something about a bloke called Mark from brisbane having a stiffy and i though to myself...sheeesh its the blue oyster bar (police academy reference for you younguns)...and now with probably one of the most anticipated games tomorrow night I can comfortably say with affection" heres to Manly performing so well that ole Mark cracks another one!

I reckon the Bellamy is on the money. Why all the sudden does Krillich have such a strong opinion that he wishes to air publicly, a few days before our game? Classic Des me thinks!
The answer to this question for me is that Max has a strong opinion before the Storm game because the Storm are playing his team and he wants a fair match .
Bellamy is sticking up for his players and Max is sticking it up to the storm players as any fan would . Nothing unusual here for me

MD today

Eagle learns from ‘hitman’
image.ashx

Steve Matai and a young Jorge Taufua celebrate scoring a try in 2013, Picture: Phil Hillyard

IT was the apprenticeship that helped transform Sea Eagles winger Jorge Taufua into one of the NRL’s most fearsome defenders.

Taufua’s big shots on rivals have been a highlight of Manly’s rejuvenated season and resemble an unsuspecting car being T-boned at an intersection.

And he learnt a lot of his trade playing outside Manly’s renowned former “hitman” Steve Matai.

“He was just like a natural footballer, most of it wasn’t really structured, it was more instinct,” Taufua said.

“There were some games where I thought he was just crazy, he was supposed to be inside me but he’d be two or three defenders in and go look for someone to smash.

“He knows when it is a good time to pull something like that off and it definitely changes the mood your team is in and can definitely lift you.”

Taufua gets a boost if one of his trademark bone-rattlers stops the play or leads to an opposition error.

“That’s what (coach) Des (Hasler) has worked on with me this season and that’s tackle efficiency,” he said ahead of this evening’s big game with the Storm at AAMI Park.

“I mean, we wingers make maybe seven tackles a season, they are difficult tackles but we should try and make all of them.”

LOST FOR WORDS

TAUFUA is humbled by the comparisons between himself and Matai.

“I’m speechless to be honest, every time it comes up I don’t know what to say,” Taufua admitted. “Seeing the hits he has pulled off, he is in a league of his own.”

The Storm have some weaknesses in their backline that are hopefully exposed tonight.

TBH, I don't know if the Storm have any real weaknesses and their bench is very strong - Brandon Smith, Welch, Stimson & Papenhuyzen. To cancel out their bench potential, our kicking game needs to be spot on and our forwards dominant.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8