PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Storm v Manly [Round 19, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Pitter Patter, let's get at 'er.

40 - 0

Jamie Soward is starting to appreciate Manly.

2. Manly Warringah Sea Eagles (3)
This team just continues to grow in confidence and they have a lot of guys in good form. They've basically got three of the top 10 or 15 players in the game in the Trbojevic brothers and DCE, and with those three guys humming combined with the contributions Des Hasler gets from the other players every week Manly can do anything this year.

Last year we beat them at AAMI park, albeit without Cameron Smith playing. So the scum had the head referee out which was a massive blow. A few sin bins and a send off, these encounters are always heated. They are the benchmark side. I think we have what it takes to beat them considering how our squad has improved in performance from last year.
Screenshot_20190722-132539_Chrome.jpg

Last year we beat them at AAMI park, albeit without Cameron Smith playing. So the scum had the head referee out which was a massive blow. A few sin bins and a send off, these encounters are always heated. They are the benchmark side. I think we have what it takes to beat them considering how our squad has improved in performance from last year.
View attachment 11853
So we were down to 11 men and they still didn't get a meat pie. Baha.
We got this! Or to quote @brad We'll win this. ;)

I'm optimistic about our chances in Melbourne.
Our forwards on Sunday really fired up (until the match was in the bag) and bullied the Eels pack. It is the best they have played all season.
We have more to play for than the Storm who must at some stage become complacent and lose a few before the semis.
Provided we get an even share of penalties - and that's asking a lot - then I'm tipping a win.

MIGOTY this one.

When you look at the top 4 side

We played the roosters round two under strength and didn’t compete.

Beaten souths at home and lost by one point

And beat the raiders.

If we win this or compete like we did against souths there will be no more Radar to fly under.

I'm optimistic about our chances in Melbourne.
Our forwards on Sunday really fired up (until the match was in the bag) and bullied the Eels pack. It is the best they have played all season.
We have more to play for than the Storm who must at some stage become complacent and lose a few before the semis.
Provided we get an even share of penalties - and that's asking a lot - then I'm tipping a win.
We just have to keep continuously doing those fast play the balls. We were really making good yardage when we were and kept Parra out of the game. It was no coincident to me that the only time that Parra started to get back into the game was when we ceased doing the fast play the balls and moving forward catching the opposition players offside so that they couldn't do anything to our fast moving forward players otherwise they would have been offside.

We just have to keep continuously doing those fast play the balls. We were really making good yardage when we were and kept Parra out of the game. It was no coincident to me that the only time that Parra started to get back into the game was when we ceased doing the fast play the balls and moving forward catching the opposition players offside so that they couldn't do anything to our fast moving forward players otherwise they would have been offside.
That won't be happening unfortunately. Storm are allowed an extra 5 seconds in the ruck after they have turned the attacker around, upside down and inside out

We fly down on Thursday, spend two nights at the Harry Potter play
Just went last night - I'd give you my opinion but I think JKR has said that to do so is punishable by death. @:eek:
(Two nights would have been the better option though, we did in in one day and like NB said it's one looong show).

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8