PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Storm v Manly [Round 19, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Settle down boys and girls. There'll be no quick play the balls and rolling attack from our Sea Eagles this week.
The Scum400 will ramp up the wrestling, holding down, staggered markers and offside defense that will strangle and styfle our attack. The canaries will be blowing the sht out of the whistle to penalise us. Turdy has already scripted this one. There's no way we'll win this one.
This could be the year where a side can target the storm's wrestling tactics. AFB, Taupau, Jurbo, Suli, Taufua and now Siro have just started to bend the line every run. If all playing well the storm will struggle to slow us down and will concede plenty of penalties, then implode

I think when we last beat them we had a good quantity of offloads.

The storm do their usual "2 guys hold the player up then the 3rd comes in and tips them on their back" every match so if you get an offload away, the second phase play leads to a few holes. Hopefully this can happen on the weekend.

We're probably never more confident that sCam will continue his ways and the refs will bend over forwards to allow him the latitude to do so.

It must be a staggering amount the storm (and victoria) pay to the nrl trough eaters to keep them so high on the ladder each season. You'd think a nsw / qld centric operation would pick one of their own as perennial fav's. Imagine needing a whole state's funds to match the funds of honest Uncle nick and or the brisso thoroughbreds.

- I'm not a fan of the storm.

Win big Manly!

Besides the Manly chant, hopefully I hear these ones as well.

If the sCam signed two contracts clap your hands *clap clap*
The rules he tried to bend'em,
We know he'll try it again

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why did he sign those two contracts
Why did he sign at all?
Why did he sign those two contracts
He tried to fool us all!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bring in all the rejects,
Their pockets full of blank cheques
A-tishoo! A- tishoo!
The refs all fall down.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey diddle diddle,
The storm did the fiddle.
Their cap was way over the moon.
But then they got caught
Doing a big rort
In 2010 they ran away with the spoon.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone know if manly are holding any events like signing autographs or taking photos with fans in Melbourne before the game ?

Just heard on Fox Melb holding old boys round this weekend to celebrate the 1999 and wait for it.....2009 GF teams! Fair go the 2009 GF team!!!! That was the year they cheated more than any other! Don’t worry, they celebrate it anyway. F***en joke that this garbage is allowed to occur and gets the green light from the NRL. They cheated and lost everything in 09 and now are allowed to celebrate that cheating in an (I assume) nrl approved old boys day. If there wasn’t enough incentive to beat these pricks already, there’s even more now.

Increasing intensity

40 minutes v Rabbitohs: one point loss
60 minutes v Eels: easy win
80 minutes v Storm: ???

Very Good point

The moral of the Story is.....

We have what it takes to beat the storm

We just have to give it ....... for the whole 80

give-it-your-all-workout-motivation-spotebi.jpg

Just heard on Fox Melb holding old boys round this weekend to celebrate the 1999 and wait for it.....2009 GF teams! Fair go the 2009 GF team!!!! That was the year they cheated more than any other! Don’t worry, they celebrate it anyway. F***en joke that this garbage is allowed to occur and gets the green light from the NRL. They cheated and lost everything in 09 and now are allowed to celebrate that cheating in an (I assume) nrl approved old boys day. If there wasn’t enough incentive to beat these pricks already, there’s even more now.
I guess Todd will be down for that celebration as well.

Maybe Manly can do some sort of Mack Horton protest on them? Having said that they did stop Parra from winning a premiership that year so I cannot be that critical of their cap cheating in that season

I'd like to see their record if each and every game played during their cheating run, they were deducted the % they were over the cap from the points they scored each game, would the provide a good gauge on their performance.

On the Psychological front we have the edge ......

The 40 nil win against the Storm in the grand final was not just the highest recorded win in the history of our game but it was also a total capitulation and humiliation of a team .

The Storm will run on to the field against us representing their captains record of over 400 games as well as their teams record 40 nil Annihilation against the Mighty Manly Sea eagles

As long as that record loss stands we will always have the psychological edge over the Storm regardless of what any one says about anything else because nothing else is as detrimental to their conscious and unconscious mind more than that catastrophic 40 nil loss to us .

Credit where it is due that the Storm are a great team but it takes a greater team to comprehensively demoralize them with that historic record grand final win .

Yes feathered friends ... WE ARE THE GREATEST and the Storm will always know it !

300.png

I noticed this tag under the video ....

"Second-rower Corey Waddell talks about the positive feeling within the team ahead of Saturday night’s clash with the Melbourne Storm."

Don't think he has played 2nd row all year .... I personally think he is an edge forward playing out of position ... but given our forward stocks don't see any alternative ...

"Second-rower Corey Waddell talks about the positive feeling within the team ahead of Saturday night’s clash with the Melbourne Storm."

Don't think he has played 2nd row all year .... I personally think he is an edge forward playing out of position ... but given our forward stocks don't see any alternative ...
I agree. I reckon he will take Thommos left edge spot and he'll prove to be a star signing. I only see positives in everything he does. He runs really good lines but you dont really see much of it with him playing in the middle

sounds like a cue for a game day banner - '09 Old Cheat's Day

Yeah... been playing up the guts all year which is very commendable, considering the fact he’s an edge forward.

They did
sounds like a cue for a game day banner - '09 Old Cheat's Day
the same thing two years ago - they 'celebrated' the glorious '07 grand final winning team (i notice they didn't do it last year hahaha)
These guys are THIEVES.
@Luke_m I haven't yet heard of anything pre-match i'm afraid.
Have you bought tickets yet, or still planning to hold out for match day?
It won't be a sellout (that's for sure!) I am looking to probably get somewhere near the 20m line, and mid way back in the grandstand (the front seats aren't covered until about row 20, and it will likely be a bit of drizzle around)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8