PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Tigers [Round 17, 2020]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Dunno where to post this so...

While some on here were praising Madge for his willingness to drop players, seems some of the tigers aren't super happy about it.

- Not saying Madge was right or wrong, so read away.

Reports surfaced of a crisis meeting on Monday between Tigers players and coach Michael Maguire with the group airing their grievances about his propensity to drop players weekly.

During the exchange players said they were walking on eggshells and weren't able to gain any confidence out of fear of being dropped after a poor performance.

The Tigers seem to be at a crossroad within Maguire's tenure as the club deals with another finish outside the top eight for the ninth consecutive year.

(if true, as usual)

Its always about reaching the goldilocks level. Too much patience and you lose. Not enough patience and you lose

grogbog

Really keen to see how Des uses Schuster this weekend. I think he has more potential to be a great 2nd rower than a 5/8. I think he'll be able to provide a lot of utility off the bench next season.

Screenshot_20200903-170026_Samsung Internet.jpg

@The better Robbo aren't you keen on Johnston?

The Who

Journey Man
Souffs are putting their money towards that 17-old wizz kid.
I hope Manly is after Johnson. To me, he is one answer to our backline woes.
Why would he chose Manly over Melbourne? Closer to his family, better beaches, better weather... (I'm struggling now, help me out)

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
Souffs are putting their money towards that 17-old wizz kid.
I hope Manly is after Johnson. To me, he is one answer to our backline woes.
Why would he chose Manly over Melbourne? Closer to his family, better beaches, better weather... (I'm struggling now, help me out)
Money - we are desperate

Supreme Leader

Uber L77T playa
Apparently storm and manly after alex Johnston from souffs! Interesting indeed

Would make sense being we are trying to negotiate a player swap (Saab / Garrick) and we have evidently made an "expression of interest" with Kotoni Staggs' Manager - so Johnston maybe the fail safe. Given those changes wonder what happens with Funa / Hoppa / Parker / Suli in centres? Then you have Walker / Cust / Schuster for 5/8 or does Cust go to hooker and Levi go to bench given Fainu wont be available till late in the season if at all? Just putting it out there? I now officially confused so I am leaving to get some medication!

Would make sense being we are trying to negotiate a player swap (Saab / Garrick) and we have evidently made an "expression of interest" with Kotoni Staggs' Manager - so Johnston maybe the fail safe. Given those changes wonder what happens with Funa / Hoppa / Parker / Suli in centres? Then you have Walker / Cust / Schuster for 5/8 or does Cust go to hooker and Levi go to bench given Fainu wont be available till late in the season if at all? Just putting it out there? I now officially confused so I am leaving to get some medication!
Me too.. how strong are those meds??

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
Really keen to see how Des uses Schuster this weekend. I think he has more potential to be a great 2nd rower than a 5/8. I think he'll be able to provide a lot of utility off the bench next season.
Like Hoppa I don’t care where he plays I just want to see him out there, Cust and siro look busted so throw him in there.

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
Walker must be as good as gone I reckon if we are making these inquiries. Adding AJ, Foran and a Saab swap would be massive! It would also indicate Des and go are securely aware we are way to slow out wide. I’d start with Funa and Suli in the centres. Imagine
1 Tom
2 Saab
3 Funa
4 suli
5 AJ
6 Foran mentoring schuster along the way
7 dce

That is a handy back line.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Dunno where to post this so...

While some on here were praising Madge for his willingness to drop players, seems some of the tigers aren't super happy about it.

- Not saying Madge was right or wrong, so read away.

Reports surfaced of a crisis meeting on Monday between Tigers players and coach Michael Maguire with the group airing their grievances about his propensity to drop players weekly.

During the exchange players said they were walking on eggshells and weren't able to gain any confidence out of fear of being dropped after a poor performance.

The Tigers seem to be at a crossroad within Maguire's tenure as the club deals with another finish outside the top eight for the ninth consecutive year.

(if true, as usual)
Soldiers go to battle where there is no where to hide with bullets whistling past their temples and we have some professional rugby league players that have a fear of being dropped by their coach for their consistent poor performances.
That soft culture of players will never win anything

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16