PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Tigers [Round 17, 2020]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
May as well get this one started.

Tigers pretty much full strength at the moment seeing as Harry Grant made a successful return over the weekend. Chee Kam should be available this week and I think they got through Panthers game without any injury concerns. Eisenhuth has taken early guilty plea and escapes suspension.

Paseka was fined for his trip and is free to play and I think it was Jake that got put on report for crusher but no charge forthcoming. Garrick is out with AC injury so we'll be looking for a winger and a goalkicker. Con looks busted up to me and I think he took a good shot in the ribs early yesterday which seemed to hamper him. He might need a spell. Not likely to get any troops back with Turbo and The Phantom still not fit by all reports. We might struggle to name 21 tomorrow. Some mail around around that Schuster will make the squad, but whether he makes the cut for the 17 remains to be seen.

Tigers didn't look great on weekend, but form lines against the Panthers are hard to draw given they are sweeping all before them with ease.

Think I heard Maguire may give a few of their new guys a run, not sure. Brooks will be on display, they reckon he is only on about 800k so quite a bargain for a half. Although he can't organise a team, of course.
I look forward to watching Hoppa after that run under his belt, and Funa is good to watch too, although you never know what you'll get. Hopefully he soon settles into a more consistent performer as he has plenty of class.
If Haumole and Schuster get picked but we lose, I'll be most interested to see the the comments of all those who reckon they won't mind losing as long as the youngsters get a run :)

May as well get this one started.

Tigers pretty much full strength at the moment seeing as Harry Grant made a successful return over the weekend. Chee Kam should be available this week and I think they got through Panthers game without any injury concerns. Eisenhuth has taken early guilty plea and escapes suspension.

Paseka was fined for his trip and is free to play and I think it was Jake that got put on report for crusher but no charge forthcoming. Garrick is out with AC injury so we'll be looking for a winger and a goalkicker. Con looks busted up to me and I think he took a good shot in the ribs early yesterday which seemed to hamper him. He might need a spell. Not likely to get any troops back with Turbo and The Phantom still not fit by all reports. We might struggle to name 21 tomorrow. Some mail around around that Schuster will make the squad, but whether he makes the cut for the 17 remains to be seen.

Tigers didn't look great on weekend, but form lines against the Panthers are hard to draw given they are sweeping all before them with ease.
Oh and how the f%%% are we $1.60 favourites for this match

Tigers $2.35

Just crazy

Think I heard Maguire may give a few of their new guys a run, not sure. Brooks will be on display, they reckon he is only on about 800k so quite a bargain for a half. Although he can't organise a team, of course.
I look forward to watching Hoppa after that run under his belt, and Funa is good to watch too, although you never know what you'll get. Hopefully he soon settles into a more consistent performer as he has plenty of class.
If Haumole and Schuster get picked but we lose, I'll be most interested to see the the comments of all those who reckon they won't mind losing as long as the youngsters get a run :)
Not sure about you but I am sick and tired of seeing us lose. The next 4 your games I want to see us win as many as we can.

Nofoalima will have a hat trick if he s running against Jorge... hopefully Des makes some surprise inclusions otherwise I see another thumping coming along...
He could very easily get 5.

I remember a few years ago tigers came one Sunday yes in the day mind you but at half time they were up by something 24 nil ish.

I fear Saturday night could be the same.

I don't normally put up full team lists, however with so many injuries I thought I would have a go, without fear or favour;

1. Funa
2. Anderson
3. Parker
4. Schuster
5. Hopoate
6. Cust
7. DCE
8. Jake T
9. Levi
10. AFB
11. Saddler
12. Olakau'atu
13. Sirro

14. Taupau
15. Paseka
16. Keppie
17. ZDC

On form it is hard to justify 9. On experience, 2, 4, 11, 17 are a risk, and I have previously advocated against untried players (as I predicted last week that Olam was too hard for Hoppa to contain).

However, the purpose of this exercise is to evaluate the untried players over the next 4 weeks (not just one week), with 2021 in mind. If we don't know if they are any good, how can we go into the off season market?

I'm off to get some KFC. :p

Who the hell could know who would win this one. Mental case vs mental case.

In retrospect this might be entertaining. I'll be sure to get some chicken popcorn.

NYEagle

I don't normally put up full team lists, however with so many injuries I thought I would have a go, without fear or favour;

1. Funa
2. Anderson
3. Parker
4. Schuster
5. Hopoate
6. Cust
7. DCE
8. Jake T
9. Levi
10. AFB
11. Saddler
12. Olakau'atu
13. Sirro

14. Taupau
15. Paseka
16. Keppie
17. ZDC

On form it is hard to justify 9. On experience, 2, 4, 11, 17 are a risk, and I have previously advocated against untried players (as I predicted last week that Olam was too hard for Hoppa to contain).

However, the purpose of this exercise is to evaluate the untried players over the next 4 weeks (not just one week), with 2021 in mind. If we don't know if they are any good, how can we go into the off season market?
Hi John, I like the concept of looking forward into 2021, one question I have is I have seen it from a few people is Saddler before Titmuss to get a crack. I have seen them both play and I rated Titmuss over Saddler, curious to understand other people’s thoughts on picking Saddler before Titmuss.

Actually looking forward to watching this. I have a sneaking suspicion Nofo could get a double but apart from that think we could go ok. Could go either way, let's hope it sparks a bit of positivity!!

Tigers starterd well v Penrith but it didn’t take long to see their true form. Grant has come back to the field imo and wasn’t setting he world alight the few games before his injury. Teams are aware of him now. Tigers are more of a basket case than us imo. Apparently Hooper reported on 360 that senior players and the coach had a heated confrontation about his coaching style. McGuire sounds like s bloody dictator or the army drill sargeant in Full Metal Jacket! Tgat style wears thin quick these days.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6