PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Penrith [Round 4, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I’m still in bed....haha
It is good to sleep in feathered friend

I love to sleep in as well and dream of our next Manly revival

Have a great day Feathered friend Franko

2ad274f1058a0cda519743cb97e7871e.jpg

What I really don’t get is the media? Why are they not asking the real questions? Why aren’t they hammering Des and the team like they did to the Broncos last year? Surely they all can’t be a bunch of lost little sheep, surely one has to ask a real question to Des..

Reporter- Do you think your position is now untenable after losing another game by 40 plus?
Des- um, ah, um

Not fuking hard.

um ah um .. they just gave me an extension .. haaahhaaaaha

All anger, disappointment, frustration and despair aside ... I have a slightly different attitude to our situation than the consensus that many of our squad are not 1st grade standard ....

I know and have seen Garrick, Parker, Suli, and all the others put in very good Ist grade performances in the past .. and make the semi's ...

My issue is not WHO is picked ... it is why all those that are picked are playing below their abilities ... the team is playing like a busted team ... and the players are playing like busted players ...

Come up with a solution to that ... and happy days again ...

All anger, disappointment, frustration and despair aside ... I have a slightly different attitude to our situation than the consensus that many of our squad are not 1st grade standard ....

I know and have seen Garrick, Parker, Suli, and all the others put in very good Ist grade performances in the past .. and make the semi's ...

My issue is not WHO is picked ... it is why all those that are picked are playing below their abilities ... the team is playing like a busted team ... and the players are playing like busted players ...

Come up with a solution to that ... and happy days again ...
Good point
A competent coach does not only pick the team . He also lifts the team he picks

Wake up Des and do what you do best !

Trent Robinson coached a stacked Roosters team to 15th in 2016... then won 2 premierships in 3 years with mostly the same squad

I would like to know why that team underperformed so badly that year... just as I'd like to know why we are underperforming so badly right now. Maybe there are less changes needed than we think.

The reality is, there is nothing that can be done. Not one player would be in the starting side of any of the top 12 teams. Not one.
The ones that appear to look good only look good because the ones that should be shown the door help them look good. Stats don't lie.
We have zero depth, we have assembled a squad of Reserve, Massey, quality. Its not just the cap issues. Historically, players play for the Jersey, pride and a real love of the game, I have a feeling a large portion of our players don't. The pathetic news stories are simply what we expect to hear. None of it is real. No independant questions, just prepared rubbish.
Many say the new rules have ruined the game. I believe its the large salary and the education level of players.
I watched a replay of the Dragons and correct me if I'm wrong but even Shuster for what little he has shown in his appearances already seems to be showing a bit of show pony.
Players are over paid and elevated to cult hero status. An average, uneducated NRL player who works minimal hours at best is grossly overpaid by 3-5 times more when compared to essential workers.
Why was the game so great when players actually worked a full time job and played footy? It was great because a player didn't play for money, they played because they loved the game.
Davey is a perfect example of someone completely against this model in that he has had to work for his spot and it's such a shame for his injury this year.

At least jetski is out. Defence will improve already. Would like to see Harper at full back. Walker to centre. Tippiytoes to the other centre. Funa on the wing. Sipley in the second row.
Where did you hear Jetski was out ??

Harper and Tippytoes cut from squad - Jetski still there

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11