PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Penrith [Round 4, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Scary scary, quite contrary, how will all our points flow?

Manly by 36!

Lottoland

2.05am (lol) on Thursday April the first APRIL FOOLS!!!!!

Gates open: 6.30pm

NRL Kick-off: 8.05pm

Head to head since 1998

Played: 34
Manly 15
Penrith: 19

Form guide: Best not to worry about such things.

I think we see an improved performance but still a loss. I just want to see some team changes tbh. I don’t really care about the result just want to see the guys picked having a dig and completing sets. No joke I watched my boy’s under 11s preseason game yesterday and they completed sets better than us! And I’m not even joking

I think we see an improved performance but still a loss. I just want to see some team changes tbh. I don’t really care about the result just want to see the guys picked having a dig and completing sets. No joke I watched my boy’s under 11s preseason game yesterday and they completed sets better than us! And I’m not even joking

what’s their half like? It is too early to bring them in?

Last edited:
what’s their half like? It is to early to bring them in?
Haha it’s my son! Or First Receiver bib if you know junior RL. Tbh he’s a good organizer and barks at his forwards like a rabbid dog telling them where to be. He takes the line on well too. Defensively he’s not as confident but still holds his on for a smaller kid. He plays high level soccer too so has a good kicking game as well. So in summary, yeah he might be a chance for guernsey. Lol

Think it will be hard for Panthers to be really up for it after last week.
I’d say 20 to 30 point loss.
Yeah was thinking the same. I actually think it may be closer than 20 for this reason. Plus no Api and Edwards helps. If we do the basics well we might keep it a bit closer. Play like we have the last 3 and it will be 20plus

Haha it’s my son! Or First Receiver bib if you know junior RL. Tbh he’s a good organizer and barks at his forwards like a rabbid dog telling them where to be. He takes the line on well too. Defensively he’s not as confident but still holds his on for a smaller kid. He plays high level soccer too so has a good kicking game as well. So in summary, yeah he might be a chance for guernsey. Lol
it doesn’t matter if he is smaller look at the great players of past and present...Remember JT was told he was too small, I think even Cam Smith was told this too. Preston Campbell was a little half did well!

Not a half but Ryan Papenhausen was told he was too small, Corey Thompson the same, plenty of smaller blokes killing it!

We can beat the Panthers this week

Yes we can ! I am Serious !!!

The proof is...... the best wins came for the passionate underdogs

We may not have their over all quality across the park

****But we have the CHOICE of playing with demonic Never say die Passion
and Guard our sacred home ground like a ferocious Lioness guards her clubs****

The moral of the story .
A team full of passionate players have the potential to beat a team of stars

Des .... Have you got what it takes to pump up our players with demonic never say die Win at all costs passion this week ???

Just do it !!!

Biggest concern for me we don't have enough points in us the moment. Other concern is edge defence is too brittle. Obviously Dez will stick with Goweski in the back row, even though he is such a liability with the ball and in defence, but we have no depth. Parker same boat, but Dez doesn't seem to want to make changes even though some outside backs are doing well for blacktown. Concerned about Martys head space as well. Does he still care. Whole team need some improvement, and a lot of luck on the night. Maybe we can get a couple of early tries and some belief early and Penrith to have an off night

The biggest head scratcher for mine is why he doesn’t move Dylan back to Centre and drop Parker - at least to the bench as utility cover for the backrow/outside backs. Look he did bring in Sips last week so that was another change albeit brought in by injury. If he just makes the one change of Walker to Centre and Harper/Funa to fb then I’d be happy. Maybe that’s two changes but U get my drift. I’m praying for an upset and who knows we complete our sets jag a try or two early and Penrith being a bit complacent after three wins, it might be our night.

This game will go one of two ways ( both with a Panthers win ).

1) as I expect after last weeks game it will be hard for the Panthers to be “ UP” like they were last round especially as they are playing the current spooners. So in essence they are complacent and we drag them down because of it. Panthers 32 Manly 10.

2) the alternative is Cleary says “ this is our really big chance to have a major impact on our F/A for the year so I want you to hammer them and keeping hammering for 80 minutes. Once you get to 50-0 it’ll be so much fun that anyone can score just get into the red zone , pick a player who hasn’t scored and let the party begin. Panthers 74 Manly 4.

The only way you’d see a Manly win is if the Panthers lose 5 players to injury in the first 20 minutes and play the rest of the game with 12.

1) as I expect after last weeks game it will be hard for the Panthers to be “ UP” like they were last round especially as they are playing the current spooners. So in essence they are complacent and we drag them down because of it. Panthers 32 Manly 10.

2) the alternative is Cleary says “ this is our really big chance to have a major impact on our F/A for the year so I want you to hammer them and keeping hammering for 80 minutes. Once you get to 50-0 it’ll be so much fun that anyone can score just get into the red zone , pick a player who hasn’t scored and let the party begin. Panthers 74 Manly 4.

The only way you’d see a Manly win is if the Panthers lose 5 players to injury in the first 20 minutes and play the rest of the game with 12.
I was going to say that the only chance we have is if they get an early send off and play with twelve.

“So you’re telling us there’s a chance.......”
Lloyd Xmas, Dumb and Dumber

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11