PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Bulldogs [Round 8, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Have you seen the Bulldogs backline? Not a lot of class there either
The Dogs are not an 80 minute Team. Even during the game they have weird gaps in structure.

If Fiz does play he will now always just pass and not follow up as he tries to conserve his back, hammies and syndesmosis ankles @:cool:

The big difference in Manly this year is that the players are not looking at the clock. We seem to be more active in the last quarter :nod:

No Manly player will want to face Des if they don't bring home the match points against the Dogs :tmi:

Extra responsibility on Croker and Elgey to manage an effective kicking game but no biggy and both should be able to cope . [ Wonder if Siro may be used also ] Providing Manly "s defence is in order again with the 2019 grit and turning up for each other mindset , should put them in good stead again . That winning feeling can be infectious . Not too sure why kimmorley may still have some grudge or reason for a particular grudge against Manly , the Manly side of the Northern Eagles still ensured that any outstanding contract money for that failed venture was eventually paid to the relevant players including kimmorley .

After all is said and done it all comes to what happens on the day

Which coach will lift his team up for the occasion and have them focused

CHN is the danger man in their side. I don't see where their points will come from without him. Probably ideal having Thommo, Croker and Parker on his side of the field. We've turned back much better attacking sides from our line in the last month so I think our defence will be alright.

Our key will be our middle forwards and Api/Fainu. Don't think our backline has the class to capitalise on field position so it'll come down to Api and Fainu doing that extra lead up work.

Can anyone get behind the DT paywall to see who they are reporting as the big blow for us? Looks like DT has beaten Outline...

Our key will be our middle forwards and Api/Fainu. Don't think our backline has the class to capitalise on field position so it'll come down to Api and Fainu doing that extra lead up work.

For mine the key will be both LG and Croker being alert enough to follow Api and Fainu when they make a break from dummy half. Its one of my pet hates in rugby league, seeing a line break where a try could be on offer go to waste because the ball runner has no support.

Can anyone get behind the DT paywall to see who they are reporting as the big blow for us? Looks like DT has beaten Outline...

Api's calf injury has him in doubt.

Sorry I can't post the story as its behind a paywall and I'm a cheap bastard with paywalls. But its definitely about Api.

If Api doesn't play then obviously Fainu will be the hooker. The interesting point will then be to see who Des uses as the 4th player on the bench. Does Boyle get a reprieve and we go with 4 forwards with Jetski also a cover for the backs? Or does someone like Zach Dockar-Clay (the Manly website has him listed as a halfback) come in as he's the only back on the extended bench? The others on the extended bench are Boyle, Tangles and Paseka, all forwards.

Wow, if Api is out then this will definitely be a real test for Des and the boys.

Missing:

Turbo
Taufua
Walker
DCE
Api

That's more than 50% of our regular starting backline and 75% of our spine.

If we win this, it'll be momentous!

Api Koroisau is in severe doubt due to a calf injury in a massive blow for the Sea Eagles. He will be given until the captain’s run to prove his fitness but I expect him to be ruled out. Manese Fainu would start at hooker for Koroisau with Morgan Boyle coming on to the bench.

Another potential change could be Curtis Sironen partnering Lachlan Croker in the halves with Kane Elgey dropping to the bench and either Corey Waddell or Jack Gosiewski starting in the second-row.

Manly have be granted an exemption from the NRL for Abbas Miski to make his debut due to no other fit wingers in the top 30 squad. Rueban Garrick will take up goalkicking duties.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...8/news-story/d20efdcc33d21f87a5d65c82412fbaac

Api's calf injury has him in doubt.

Sorry I can't post the story as its behind a paywall and I'm a cheap bastard with paywalls. But its definitely about Api.

Me too. That's why I use: AdBlock

!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8