PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Bulldogs [Round 8, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It's a beardathon ..... not a fan ..... have a shave ya mugs ....

PSS ... Of course winners can please themselves ..

pruyxQn-RVKHkBb10GI2fpVH4zvBfM9o085CJ1O-RuZc0g28_WvnI71MxujVgdnktvdTDbLdV8Ur0keRxcVDbuGKCHwgc76y10_p4VEk1DRpWUwZfZtzuZFb2nVLzUfFzQq3XzVA
L9bGoERzb_teeI8blGKPY6c_8G8K27iy5xxLQ7LIFECVbaEM6JaSP6jbxy-godIoLy2jKhxEhGyLTwHIDLRqVuJlC9t6X0819xOAihIS1NNayb031odhAHTIjUf4b2jnWvFQsBGE

(Tayla) Croker breaking the internet :clap:

Athleticism at its best :rock:

Really important not to waste the next two matches against two sides who are struggling. 5 of our 7 matches this year have been against sides currently in the top 8 so we have had a tough run to date.

If we win this week and next then we will most likely be in the top 4 by the end of the next round as the Eels have to play the Storm and the Raiders have to play the Roosters in round 9. This would be a fantastic result nearing the halfway point of the season.

Discipline needs to be the focus as Manly have more points in them but penalties can eat them away :nerd:

Both Dogs and Broncos are lacking leadership.
It will be interesting to watch Jakey, Thomo and Marty direct our pack.
Croker looks to be more of a leader than LG and should manage the backs @:cool:

Really important not to waste the next two matches against two sides who are struggling. 5 of our 7 matches this year have been against sides currently in the top 8 so we have had a tough run to date.

If we win this week and next then we will most likely be in the top 4 by the end of the next round as the Eels have to play the Storm and the Raiders have to play the Roosters in round 9. This would be a fantastic result nearing the halfway point of the season.
And this is where the danger lies. Maybe the injuries will mean those who are in as replacements will give that 100% effort all game.

Broncos have the worst defence in the league 20pts worse than all others (played one more game)

This game is really in the hands of our pack. If they dominate and we control possession our young halves will do well. If we play without the footy and the pack is not dominant it will be tough for our you halves and tough to secure the two competition points.

Its quite a 1-7 for us. Cant remember the last time we had a 1 to 7 with zero star players. Guys are playing well and hopefully keep ut up!!.

There are still 7 teams who are equal on the bottom of the table.

For a wooden spoon favourite they came very close to toppling Melbourne. We will get beaten if we phone it in expecting to get the 2 points and Des will know that.

Yes, and only one win from the 9th position. Ignorant post as they have put a few good games together and are getting better. (psss - I am not calling YOUR post ignorant...)

It's a beardathon ..... not a fan ..... have a shave ya mugs ....

PSS ... Of course winners can please themselves ..

But have a look at the neat hair, Croker, Miski, Parker, they look like Newtown baristas, even Reuben has a nice neat part.

On the Dogs game this Saturday, there has to be plenty of confidence of a Win regardless of some star players out....but hopefully not too much, as in expecting things to come easy.
The ONLY thing I feel is any danger, is the fact the team has been up and playing to their ceiling under Des in relation to enthusiasm and energy.
Probably should not enter my mind based on recent efforts, but feel playing against a team we are expected to beat, can at times, have that effect on a side to drop that bit of intensity.
The forwards should really roll through this pack and give our untried halves partnership enough time and space to create plenty of opportunities.
Just don't want to see Dogs get out the blocks well and grow in confidence.
The fact we have AFB back and watch for Miski to be Super enthusiastic and add that bit of Zest....we should be sweet.
Expect Api and Fainu to create absolute havoc out of dummy half....and Waddell to continue to grow with offloads and 1 or 2 line breaks.....the halves and back rowers should plenty of joy around the Dogs edges after winning quick play the balls.

The most important order of the day, is to dish out a big defensive effort and these rewards will come.

Maxta Tip -
Manly - 28
Dogs -12
I dunno about 28 but i hope your right. The croker and LG show should be entertaining

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2