Poll: Next Manly Coach

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Next Manly Coach

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
One of the great thingsharm""ut Michael Mcguire is (a) his teams know how to defend (an area that Barrett has really struggled with) and (b) his teams are very physical and almost dirty...that is more like the Manly under Hasler. Barrett is an offence driven coach with a bit of a relaxed streak. Mcguire is intense and demands accountability. The debacle at Gladstone would never happen under his watch. Souths went stale under Madge because he is intense but our guys will really respond to a coach like him.
No gladstone but there was that little incedent with Walker and grey, you know when they overdosed and nearly died, or when sutton went to jail in Arizona, or that classic rabbitoh tradition of "stalk or intimidate intending to cause fear of physical and mental harm" thanks Cody, or old mate A'uva bashing someone.
Yes Madge keept a tight eye on souffs, no strip club fights for them.

I loved how Kent chimed in 'the only coach that will work at Manly is the one that can hold a grudge. Madge can really hold a grudge, he will fit right in. Then we can go back to all hating Manly rather than feeling sorry for them' :rofl:

Hoops also said that Madge will get all the resources that Baz didn't :confused:
So we will have an extra $20m jump in if Madge comes to build the CoE. Hoops is a clown

If trent leaves does api go with him??? On the other side of the coin if madge comes does isaac luke come with him??? I'm a big fan of luke. A part of me wants this to happen

I agree that he is not gone yet. As for the players saying nicer things about him than Hook, Trent is a real sweetheart but it's not a farkin popularity contest.

The best coaches are liked by the players because they cohere the team and produce results, not because they are nice.
The best coaches command a little bit of fear and a LOT of respect.

Trent is "nice"... nice don't get you nowhere.

PS "nice don't get you nowhere". Please don't jump on the grammar, it's an expression.@:)

I actually meant” not “hear the same words from players about Bazz that was said about hook

After hook was sacked the players let loose about how poor him was st everything

I do not believe that will happen with our team about Bazz and they will not come out and bag or just say things like the players did for hook

I am also definitely not confused about nice things and respect and have been privy to texts between players and Barrett and believe that Barrett is respected by the playing team who understand some of the difficulties that have been present more than us fans

How many players came out in support about 2V being wronged when he was puntted

The silence was deafening from the players but loud by us supporters who wanted to hold any thread we could from our glory decade

I was one of them

Management is the issue here mate
We are a nut house and it has been called out

Like you , I feel very frustrated at our season in many ways including selections and non selections by our coach

But Any coach would have been on a hiding to nothing this year and although bazz made some mistakes it was a battle too far this year and many internal situations were manifested by lack of support ( not resources or funding)

I am not a league coach but have coached at club, district , state, national and international levels as well as disabled teams

I agree that being nice does not mean you can coach but also feel that if you are nice it does not diminish you from earning respect and influencing results and being a good coach

Descis still I touch with many of our players and have a friendship forged on respect and nice things he has done

Believe me he helped out many in troubled times

I don’t rate that grub from the Tigers and bulldogs ( can’t remember the tools name ) who made the comparisons between assistant and head coaches behaviours but his pea brain would warrant being motivated that way and her will always be a very good average player at best

the relationship beteeen these two important roles changes depending on the team personalities and dynamics and most of the time are orchestrated by the coaches

I don’t think Cartwright is the nice one and repeat that it is my belief that the players back Barrett

I do respect your view though and it’s an easy conclusion to come to if you believe you already have the answer

I am proud that you are 40 years and eagle cause I am in the same vintage and watched my first manly game in our first grand final win at the SCG

Been hooked ever since and want us back as much as you

Wouldn't it be great to see Cliffy as coach and Beaver as his assistant! Tell him he's dreaming... it's going to be Neil Henry.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/7afdd21e4669366cbc99f1a5b3b061ea

There’s a lot of good coaches out there that haven’t been given a chance,” Johns told the Grill Team.

“A bloke like Adam O’Brien who’s the assistant coach at the Melbourne Storm.

“He’s probably a little bit in between Michael Maguire and Anthony Seibold — he’s a first-grade coach waiting to happen.

“If Seibold was to go to the Brisbane Broncos, I wouldn’t be surprised if Adam O’Brien went to South Sydney, because that is the template that works for South Sydney.

“They won with an up-and-coming coach in Michael Maguire, and they’re in a position to win it again with another up-and-coming coach in Anthony Seibold.”
Seems uncle Nick liked him more than anyone.
I could've sworn he'd just re signed at the storm, not that it would matter to the rorters.

If trent leaves does api go with him??? On the other side of the coin if madge comes does isaac luke come with him??? I'm a big fan of luke. A part of me wants this to happen

Isaak Luke left Souths due to Madge . He sure would not come back.

Madge is everything Manly do not want in a coach.
Has no idea how to coach an attacking team.
Yea, defensively good, but who wants to be the 2nd best WWF team out there.
He is a grub, plain and simple.
Overtrains his players.
His cliche press conferences makes TB seem animated and full of ideas.

At best a 2nd class Bellany wannabe clone.

If we can't have Tooves and Des then Madge is the best of the rest available IMHO.

I have been laid up with gout in both feet for almost a week and today put a bucket next to my keyboard fearing Henry, Cartwrong or Brennan were going to be named as coach and I would be physically ill and not be able to make it to the dunny.

Naming Madge would definitely be puke free.

If Madge does take over, he won't put up with lazy players. There is strike in our attack so that's easy but our defence and resolve is what needs to be worked on.

Would love Tooves, at a pinch could cop Des but highly unlikely. Madge could be good, can't be worse than what we have had till now with TB.

We'll see how things pan out, starting with the press conference tmrw morning.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8