Poll: Next Manly Coach

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Next Manly Coach

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Neil Henry i think would be a great choice ,i have a suspicion Cartwright will be his assistant hope in some ways im wrong.Id like Tooves to get a job in the club either as assistant or something to do with players as his passion is unquestionable and he knows how we run as a club

Hello , Phil , what do we do now..?????
images.jpg

One thing to be mindfull of; In my opinion, the Penns haven't done a particularly good job of running the club up to now. Therefore, what's the likelyhood they'll make a good decision (in regards to the best coach) that's in the clubs actual best interest?

We need a Type A. tough, no nonsense style of coach to effectively build up the club from the bottom. Not a Type B. "one of the boys, better suited as an assistant" coach.

A type coaches
1. Maguire - The best option in my opinion. Very good tacticlly & hard nosed, uncompromising style.
2. Hasler - Would be very good but burnt his brigdes & doesn't deserve a 2nd chance.
3. Toovey - Would love to see him involved but not as head coach. Unlikely as the Penns sacked him.
4. Bennett - Could be terrific or could be disastrous (ie Dragons good or Knights bad).

B type coaches
1. Cartwright - Assistant coach at best.
2. Henry - Can coach but needs years to build trust. We need an instant improvement.
3. Walker brothers - Very "left field" idea & not the Penn's style. Would be interesting though!

One thing to be mindfull of; In my opinion, the Penns haven't done a particularly good job of running the club up to now. Therefore, what's the likelyhood they'll make a good decision (in regards to the best coach) that's in the clubs actual best interest?

We need a Type A. tough, no nonsense style of coach to effectively build up the club from the bottom. Not a Type B. "one of the boys, better suited as an assistant" coach.

A type coaches
1. Maguire - The best option in my opinion. Very good tacticlly & hard nosed, uncompromising style.
2. Hasler - Would be very good but burnt his brigdes & doesn't deserve a 2nd chance.
3. Toovey - Would love to see him involved but not as head coach. Unlikely as the Penns sacked him.
4. Bennett - Could be terrific or could be disastrous (ie Dragons good or Knights bad).

B type coaches
1. Cartwright - Assistant coach at best.
2. Henry - Can coach but needs years to build trust. We need an instant improvement.
3. Walker brothers - Very "left field" idea & not the Penn's style. Would be interesting though!
I would love to see Maguire head coach with the Walker brothers as assistants. We get the tough, hard nosed, disciplined and defensively sound style of Maguire plus a little attacking flair from the left field thinking of the Walker brothers.

Ben played at Manly so there is a maroon flavour there.

I would love to see Maguire head coach with the Walker brothers as assistants. We get the tough, hard nosed, disciplined and defensively sound style of Maguire plus a little attacking flair from the left field thinking of the Walker brothers.

Ben played at Manly so there is a maroon flavour there.
I see your point, but they are polar opposites in their ideas on coaching.

I voted 2V .... for two reasons .... 1st is I think he has unfinished business and like Barrett his coaching was hamstrung by internal management shortcomings ..... and 2nd because he may be the only bloke that loves the club enough to come here and put up with the abysmal state of affairs it has become ....

Throw dces wage at des for coach and toovey as assistant coach. If des refuses than Toovey coach and promote a past manly player to assistant coach.

Assume that Cartwright would only opt to leave if he had an alternative coaching job lined up. Not that keen on Maguire but would like to see 2 v back in some coaching capacity or club role , maybe as an assistant to Henry . Doesn "t seem to be that many available coaches who would presently fit the bill at Manly, still some sufficient time approaching to ideally settle on the best appropriate personal for the current circumstances however .

I see your point, but they are polar opposites in their ideas on coaching.
Yes they are at that. Siebold’s success might have shown Madge that there is value in fresh ideas.

It could just be mad enough to work mwaa ha ha ha
giphy.gif

Does anyone know if there is a TAB market

I will back Bazz to be there at long odds in the biggest bluff of the year

I will also all up manly to make the 4 and win the comp if he stays

His support from the players is unbelievably strong And doubt you will hear similar comments from players about Bazz that we did about hook

Management / front office change that includes 2V the wild card

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6