Poll: Next Manly Coach

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Next Manly Coach

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Does anyone know if there is a TAB market

I will back Bazz to be there at long odds in the biggest bluff of the year

I will also all up manly to make the 4 and win the comp if he stays

His support from the players is unbelievably strong And doubt you will hear similar comments from players about Bazz that we did about hook

Management / front office change that includes 2V the wild card

I agree that he is not gone yet. As for the players saying nicer things about him than Hook, Trent is a real sweetheart but it's not a farkin popularity contest.

The best coaches are liked by the players because they cohere the team and produce results, not because they are nice.
The best coaches command a little bit of fear and a LOT of respect.

Trent is "nice"... nice don't get you nowhere.

PS "nice don't get you nowhere". Please don't jump on the grammar, it's an expression.@:)

I was speaking to someone high up at a Sydney club and they are convinced that we have offered big dollars to Wayne Bennett.
He claims the extra cost involved would be easily covered by the extra sponsorship he would bring in.
Plus he would also attract some decent players to the club.

Whether he would accept that offer is another thing altogether.
I can't see him wanting to come here when Panthers and Dragons are interested, have more money and a playing roster that can make the top 4.

My vote was for Des & 2V, if we are to sign a non Manly coach then Maguire.

Doesn't Freddy live at Terrey Hills these days ?? :wasntme:

Yes he does and I know your only joking and we couldn't afford him anyway.... he has easier things to do than work his guts out trying to fix our mess. Hasler is a good coach I just don't like his back ended contracts, Tooves would be good to have around but not as head coach straight away he still needs to learn a little more so an assistant coach for a few years would be good.
Because of our financial mess, our out dated Football ground and our out dated Training facilities we can't be too picky with the coach .. so we need someone who will be thrifty and rebuild the club trying to use as much from our juniors as possible.
Any ideas ?.....

Tim Sheens :think:

Any other ESL coaches that could bring new ideas like Robbo did for the Rorters from Catalans:think:

Baz being mates with our players is half our problem.
His priority is to deliver wins and not molly coddle professional athletes :wait:

Bellyache always put a loss directly onto his players :nod:

You rate this guy pretty highly.
But I think storm do too, and have re signed him.
But it would depend on how patient he is for a first grade gig.
If he's that driven we might be a chance.
Itd sure be a culture shock for him.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/7afdd21e4669366cbc99f1a5b3b061ea

There’s a lot of good coaches out there that haven’t been given a chance,” Johns told the Grill Team.

“A bloke like Adam O’Brien who’s the assistant coach at the Melbourne Storm.

“He’s probably a little bit in between Michael Maguire and Anthony Seibold — he’s a first-grade coach waiting to happen.

“If Seibold was to go to the Brisbane Broncos, I wouldn’t be surprised if Adam O’Brien went to South Sydney, because that is the template that works for South Sydney.

“They won with an up-and-coming coach in Michael Maguire, and they’re in a position to win it again with another up-and-coming coach in Anthony Seibold.”

I like the idea of hasler because he knows what he has to work with. He has worked with limited resources before, worked with the pens, and his strategy and culture suits manly. At least he won't give excuses about demountables, and no resources, he knows what he is getting into, knows the system and can get results.

James Hooper is reporting that Manly are targeting Michael Maguire.
I loved how Kent chimed in 'the only coach that will work at Manly is the one that can hold a grudge. Madge can really hold a grudge, he will fit right in. Then we can go back to all hating Manly rather than feeling sorry for them' :rofl:

Hoops also said that Madge will get all the resources that Baz didn't :confused:

Would be a strange call, he is probably on similar money with his part time NZRL gig and he has to renege on ii.

Hooper said he would be able to continue with the NZ gig mate.

My first thought was the fact I’m pretty sure there’s no love lost between Walker and Maguire after his exit from Souths. I seem to remember Walker throwing darts at a photo of Maguire on the Matty Johns Show haha

Hooper said he would be able to continue with the NZ gig mate.

My first thought was the fact I’m pretty sure there’s no love lost between Walker and Maguire after his exit from Souths. I seem to remember Walker throwing darts at a photo of Maguire on the Matty Johns Show haha

The NZRL stipulated in the hiring phase they didn't want someone who holds aspirations of a NRL gig.
He and Walker are another problem it seems.

One of the great things about Michael Mcguire is (a) his teams know how to defend (an area that Barrett has really struggled with) and (b) his teams are very physical and almost dirty...that is more like the Manly under Hasler. Barrett is an offence driven coach with a bit of a relaxed streak. Mcguire is intense and demands accountability. The debacle at Gladstone would never happen under his watch. Souths went stale under Madge because he is intense but our guys will really respond to a coach like him.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6