Poll: Next Manly Coach

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Next Manly Coach

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Manly is the classic case of mismanagement.

Any experienced coach would only enhance their resume by taking on the talent and forging them into a cohesive team.:nod:

Baz was put in a position that was way above his experience and has buckled under the 24/7 pressure :cool:

Hope Manly get the 'roadkill warrior' for a couple of years and not waste the next 2 years :praying:

The best outcome would be Maguire and who ever he wants to help as assistants and trainers.

The fact Cartwright is already involved and has been left out of all this Barrett debacle, with the nephew short odds to be on the 2019 roster...most likely outcome.

I like the idea of a 'budget' coach. Let's hope Twenty leaves behind his plastic furniture.
But the best 'budget' option imo are the Walker Brothers. You get two for the price of one, and they know the culture of the club.

I thought everyone wanted a coach who had played for Manly?
Isn't one of 'our' complaints of Twenty that the coach must respect and understand the Manly culture?
Only Manly players can coach Manly. Except for good non-Manly coaches. Because obviously good coaches would know all about the Manly culture.

I thought everyone wanted a coach who had played for Manly?
Isn't one of 'our' complaints of Twenty that the coach must respect and understand the Manly culture?

I'd always prefer a quality Manly Coach if there is one available.

Out there at the moment is Hasler, Toovey and Cleary

Hasler shouldn't be welcome back on account of how he left, but apart from that I think he has lost some of his magic, the Dogs were atrocious towards the end there

Toovey, would love it but never gonna happen

Cleary, the same, we missed the boat there when he was free.

That leaves the cupboard bare so IMO we have to look outside and Maguire is the best option

Yes. I'd be happy if we recruit Hoppa Jnr. He'd play fullback and we could move Turbo to centre with Kelly on one wing.
We would still need a gun winger.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8