Pangai Jr Signs with Bulldogs for 3 years

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I could easily see Sironen or Walker going to the Bulldogs - they have miles of cap space.

Imagine Walker inside Cotric or Okenbor!

Also heard Barrett / Koroisou are best little buddies and are going to seek a release this off season ! Not sure Panthers will oblige though.

01. Josh Addo-Carr
02. Nick Cotric
03. Brent Naden
04. Dylan Walker
05. Jayden Okenbor
06. Matt Burton
08. Paul Vaughan
09. Apisai Koroisou
10. Luke Thompson
11. Jack Hetherington
12. Tevita Pangai Junior
13. Josh Jackson

14. Matt Dufty
15. Dylan Napa
17. Corey Waddell

Not a bad core at all. If they could pick up say Luke Brooks / Matt Moylan, they'll be right up there.

Last edited:
I could easily see Sironen or Walker going to the Bulldogs - they have miles of cap space.

Also heard Barrett / Koroisou are best little buddies and are going to seek a release this off season ! Not sure Panthers will oblige though.

01. Josh Addo-Carr
02. Nick Cotric
03. Brent Naden
04. Dylan Walker
05. Jayden Okenbor
06. Matt Burton
08. Paul Vaughan
09. Apisai Koroisou
10. Luke Thompson
11. Jack Hetherington
12. Tevita Pangai Junior
13. Josh Jackson

14. Matt Dufty
15. Dylan Napa
17. Corey Waddell

Not a bad core at all. If they could pick up say Luke Brooks / Matt Moylan, they'll be right up there.
Only problem is the amounts they are paying these top-liners means the Dogs will only have cap space for 20 players, not 30.

Only problem is the amounts they are paying these top-liners means the Dogs will only have cap space for 20 players, not 30.
Yeah, clubs that have no decent short term prospects have to overpay talent and then fill the gaps with juniors. Even if they can assemble a good starting 17 they'll be decimated if injuries strike. Their halves are garbage too...

But far more troubling is the coach.

Story that Pangai to Penrith just for the end of this year
This bolstering of top teams for the finals is a bit hard to digest.
For one thing, the top teams have star players already so how do they have room in the salary cap?
Will someone who has been in the squad all year be thrilled at the prospect of missing a spot in the biggest games thanks to a blow-in?
From a fan perspective it just seems jarring.
I guess the precedent was set by Chooks (of course) with SBW.

01. Josh Addo-Carr
02. Nick Cotric
03. Brent Naden
04. Dylan Walker
05. Jayden Okenbor
06. Matt Burton
08. Paul Vaughan
09. Apisai Koroisou
10. Luke Thompson
11. Jack Hetherington
12. Tevita Pangai Junior
13. Josh Jackson

14. Matt Dufty
15. Dylan Napa
17. Corey Waddell

NOt a bad lineup on paper Ryan, but how it tansends to the field is the real factor.
As an example, I think the 2nd grade Bulldogs side with Dean Pay in charge, was full of so much resilience it would be better than the Bulldags side now, which looks better on paper.
Also with the Dogs salary cap, I reckon they have a pretty full cap....due to the fact they would have to pay Massive over for the better players....Addo Carr, Burton types would be close to 50% more to go to Dogs.

For one thing, the top teams have star players already so how do they have room in the salary cap?
Will someone who has been in the squad all year be thrilled at the prospect of missing a spot in the biggest games thanks to a blow-in?
So true and in fact, this opens the door for say the Top 3 teams in the future, to pilfer opposition players from the teams without hope of a top 8 finish, to improve the teams chances of Winning the big games and GF....I mean why don't Manly get Taumololo and Haas now and give them back to their respective teams for 2022 after winning the GF.

Given how many players they have been buying maybe they'll change the club name to the Sydney West Chickens.

M&J Chickens are a sponsor after all.

The last club that tried to buy its way off the bottom rung with a bunch of 'name' players is the Tigers, they are still dealing with the fallout of buying stars like Packer, Reynolds, Matolino, Fonua, Mbye, Roberts, Tamou, Leilua etc.
I sincerely hope that the Dogs spending spree proves equally successful!

The last club that tried to buy its way off the bottom rung with a bunch of 'name' players is the Tigers, they are still dealing with the fallout of buying stars like Packer, Reynolds, Matolino, Fonua, Mbye, Roberts, Tamou, Leilua etc.
I sincerely hope that the Dogs spending spree proves equally successful!
Yep. It doesn't matter how big a grub you are, or how disruptive you are to team harmony, a club like Canterbury will sign you if you have some ability.
Canterbury used to pride itself on being the 'Family Club'. Now their club culture 'whatever it takes to win'.

Looks like Baz is passing his first test as a coach ... building a team .. which is strange, because I had been reliably informed by everybody, that nobody would want to go to the Bulldogs ... go figure ..

Looks like Baz is passing his first test as a coach ... building a team .. which is strange, because I had been reliably informed by everybody, that nobody would want to go to the Bulldogs ... go figure ..
I tend to not engage in Baz talk cause he is the past and not sure why everyone is so hung up on him.

But signing names and "building a team" is a different thing.

As mentioned above the Tigers bought a bunch of big names and it got them nowhere.

Up to Baz now to see what he can do with this squad

Hate to say it Woodsie , but I reckon Barrett failed his first test....getting players to play to the best of their abilities....as for the building a team think you are spot on, there is some handy players heading over with Addo Carr a top shelf signing and Burton has ability, but more a running style than an organiser imo.

Woodsie, money talks in rugby league. Always has, always will. The idea that Barrett's diabolical coaching record is more appealing to players than huge wads of cash is ludicrous. To my mind, it just puts more pressure on a bloke who has never thrived when pressure is applied. Especially with Gould there, he'll have far fewer excuses than he did this year. So let's see this "super team" the Dogs have assembled win a few games before we anoint his return as the Best Young Coach in the Game™.

May be us yet with Woods!

Hate to say it Woodsie , but I reckon Barrett failed his first test....getting players to play to the best of their abilities....as for the building a team think you are spot on, there is some handy players heading over with Addo Carr a top shelf signing and Burton has ability, but more a running style than an organiser imo.

When the cupboard is bare ... I think stage one has to be to get talent to the club ... names that will also attract better names .... then stage 2 is to sort out the numbnuts and become more selective in molding the squad ... stage 3, or year 3 is when the proof will be in the pudding ..

When the cupboard is bare ... I think stage one has to be to get talent to the club ... names that will also attract better names .... then stage 2 is to sort out the numbnuts and become more selective in molding the squad ... stage 3, or year 3 is when the proof will be in the pudding ..
Be nice if all coaches were given time to do that. The problem being that clubs these days - all clubs, not just the Dogs - tend to expect instant results. And the coach is always a target.

I just can't understand how the Mutts can afford all these players -- paid 'overs' to join -- and still be under the Cap next year.
If that is to be believed then their current roster must be millions of dollars under the Cap. It seems to me that the Mutts will only be able to field a squad of 20, not 30, next season.

Fair enough mate - definately had to clean out the closet and rebuild and definately on the way to getting a competitive sqaud together....If I was them dirty Dogs would have went in "Big" for Bandon Smith to have that quality hooker...Grant would have been perfect , but Smith more realistic

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6