NRL predicted 2018 Manly line up

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I'd plug for Tom Wright. Maybe a little raw, but for sheer X factor talent, he leaves the others for dead, though Funa may also need to be looked at. Matt Wright and Parker are solid, but I don't think they'll turn a game.

Parker .. odds on
M. Wright .. 3-1
T. Wright .. 15-1
Funa .. 20-1
Winterstein .. 50-1
Thommo .. 250-1
At those odds I wouldn't mind a little on Tom Wright. Ahhh ok actually a lot He's not a five eights ass hole. But if Tommy Turbo deserved a full back gig. Tom is one kid who if I havr a starting NRL spot at centre is almost a must .

At those odds I wouldn't mind a little on Tom Wright. Ahhh ok actually a lot He's not a five eights ass hole. But if Tommy Turbo deserved a full back gig. Tom is one kid who if I havr a starting NRL spot at centre is almost a must .

I think Baz will put a fair amount of importance on the 1st game of the year ... don't know if he will take an adventurous attitude, will probably take a safer Parker or Matt option.

I am possibly over cautious but whilst I am a fan of T. Wright's talent I am not sure he is ready to mix it mentally and physically with the big boys. Been wrong before, might be again, if he stars in reggies he will get his chance.

The following is completely my opinion and yes I'm probably off the mark. But its how I sense what's coming up.

The advantage of having Tom Wright in the centre (or wing) is as mentioned, the X Factor. There are not that many X Factor players in the game, but Manly has potentially several. Teams need X factor players to initiate attacking plays. Those teams without the X Factor players tend to struggle to score points. One of the reasons I felt Dessie' Bulldogs failed was because they had no X Factor players. They relied far more on attrition. So do the Roosters, who will have only Tedesco and maybe Keary as X Factor players. Pearce was an X Factor, but I don't think Cronk is. He's solid, reliable and a good organiser but he's not as dynamic as Pearce and I think Pearce will be missed by the Roosters. Horrible as it sound I think the Eels have a couple of X Factor players (if they can keep them fit) and will be a danger as will the Panthers

The best X Factor player I've seen in recent years was Thurston. He consistently set the Cowboys alight. When he and Matt Bowen played together, the Cowboys were one of the most dangerous teams in the comp. Many suggest they could win this season, but if Thurston fails, I think they'll flop.

Manly has a couple in DCE, Tommy T and Walker. Potentially Kelly and Tom Wright could join that group, while Hastings is an unknown quantity. Having Api and Fuana for hookers adds to that unpredictability. But certainly strong defenders and clever set up players are needed to give these players space. Green was good as a set up player. So 5/8, and a strong set of go forward hard defending forwards, I feel will determine if Manly can use their X Factor players effectively. But its important to utilise X Factor players, as long as their other skills, such as defence, team work, involvement are up to scratch. And having Taufua and Uate as dangerous hard running wingers, and great finishers, adds to the picture of a potentially top tier side.

Last edited:
Tom Wright is also a quite reasonable goal kicker too apparently although young Funa did do most of the 20 's goal kicking when he was available of course . The only time that i noticed Tom playing as a centre in the 20's , he had a fairly subdued game but hardly got any decent opportunities as well . Would have to show some particularly good form in the trials to be given serious consideration for early i st grade inclusion but one of those instances with a young player possessing plenty of natural ability and good skill level and who just needs to show that little bit more and composure to handle the next competitive level . So maybe the centre contest between Kelly . Parker , M Wright and Tom Wright to add a bit of additional interest to the early team selection make up for the first important fixture match .

X factors = Tommy , Dylan , Dce, could also throw Uate and jorge in the mix honestly and thats backs alone . Thompson if we get him along with Api , Marty and jake all have that x factor about them . We could be in for one rip snorter of a season . Sorry Bozo i couldnt find a place for the junkyard dog .

X factors = Tommy , Dylan , Dce, could also throw Uate and jorge in the mix honestly and thats backs alone . Thompson if we get him along with Api , Marty and jake all have that x factor about them . We could be in for one rip snorter of a season . Sorry Bozo i couldnt find a place for the junkyard dog .
Pretty much go for those First 3 100%....
Think Uate and Taufua are great finishers and great at starting momentum early in the sets.
Would add Sirro also, has that X factor potential when he runs hard first- plays pretty second.

The squad is choc full of talent and potential. So much so that I can’t see how we will be able to hold onto them all. This next season is going to be a ripper....we’re on the cusp of some exceptional years with this side.

Frankinstein would even be a good chance at centre for a month, with Thommo taking his place in the back row.

For mine, it is that sort of depth, interchangeability, the experience which a young squad has now reached, a level of NRL maturity if u like, which makes this years squad, better than 2017.

Walkers is a standout rep centre. But for a few weeks (IMO Matt Wright, Parker, Frankinstein) They are experienced top graders, I would have confidence anyone of them would do a job. And almost expect anyone could far exceed expectations, and then have pressure on Kelly.

Similarly Uate was good enough in the centres in the world cup. If Jade Anderson being the flash Gordon he is was seriously impressing at preseason. Anderson moves to wing.

If other young guns are killing it at training and are too talented to stop. Which Tom Wright or Funa may be. BAM they make a debut.

Thats not even considering some very experienced NRL heavyweights in Brown or Jono Wright.

Your not doing too badly, when competition in the squad, subject to who is the stand out, means, young, old or indifferent everyone in the squad is not without a chance.
I don't believe winter would cut it at centre imo

Brad parker derseves first crack if dylan not ready. He hits a whole well and seems to have started to fill out. Matt wright good cover back he steady thats it. Both croker and hastings kick goals and also if we able to sign hodkinson.

They sound like the attributes for a good edge back rower rather than a centre.

Brad parker derseves first crack if dylan not ready. He hits a whole well and seems to have started to fill out. Matt wright good cover back he steady thats it. Both croker and hastings kick goals and also if we able to sign hodkinson.
I have a whole lot of respect for players that hit holes well.........

Matt Wright has clearly been 1st reserve among outside backs and we haven't signed anyone better to change that.

The young blokes will get their chance but it will have to be on form, and its a bit hard to make a case on form for the opening match of the year so they'll have to put their case via reserves.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8