NRL predicted 2018 Manly line up

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Sporting News....

1.Tom Trbojevic 2. Jorge Taufua 3. Dylan Walker 4. Brian Kelly 5. Akuila Uate 6. Lachlan Croker 7. Daly Cherry-Evans 8. Darcy Lussick 9. Apisai Koroisau 10 Martin Taupau 11. Joel Thompson 12. Curtis Sironen 13. Jake Trbojevic 14. Lewis Brown 15. Lloyd Perrett 16. Addin Fonua-Blake 17. Frank Winterstein

MORE: Blake Green's departure has opened up a window of opportunity for a host of youngsters to partner DCE, but Lachlan Croker appears to be the front runner after an impressive pre-season. They are still in the market for Todd Carney, pending salary cap issues. Joel Thompson comes into the back-row, pushing Frank Winterstein to the bench.
http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...018-season/1fjcgg9txdtl215iwd4cmc7hg3/slide/6

Lots of water under the bridge between this team and the pre-season trial matches that will follow

Even though who will be our first choice 5/8 remains a bit of a mystery (some say Croker, some say Hastings).....I don't think we're looking bad for 2018 with our first choice team. Realistically other than 5/8 and the inclusion of Thompson, we have a fairly settled and talented line up so I think some 'experts' are writing us off a wee bit early.

That named team works for me, though TBH I would have Hastings before Croker. I still think in a spine with DCE, Tom and Api he could shine. And of course there is his goal kicking. I'll be honest about something too.....I'm a bit dubious of Barrett selecting players just because they put in the effort during pre-season training. I still remember Nathan Green playing like a deer in the headlights in the opening two rounds of 2016.....and his selection was a reward for a good pre-season. I know Barrett has grown as a coach since then so telling the media that Croker has been good in the pre-season so far could be a red herring. But for mine (until proven otherwise) its still a weaker part of his coaching.

Last edited:
Bench looks weak as piss apart from AFB.
Can anyone answer is Thompson still quick and Agile enough to play centre? If so we don't need Brown on the bench and could go with an impact player instead

I agree with the fact that Thompson might mean we could go with someone like Lane on the bench (even use him as an extra front rower if needed) rather than Brown.

Winterstein I think will have a better impact from the bench while Perrett is probably our best bet alongside AFB to have 2 front rowers.

I agree with the fact that Thompson might mean we could go with someone like Lane on the bench (even use him as an extra front rower if needed) rather than Brown.

Winterstein I think will have a better impact from the bench while Perrett is probably our best bet alongside AFB to have 2 front rowers.
I can't see winterstein playing from the bench. I don't see what playing him from the bench adds.he isn't explosive, solid starting but I can't see him making an impact unless his bulking up as a prop. Especially since Thompson and Siro are 80 min players I don't see Baz using 2 interchanges for second row to give Siro or Thompson a rest. But then again I would never of thought of playing A winger on the bench so anything is possible with Barrett

Even though who will be our first choice 5/8 remains a bit of a mystery (some say Croker, some say Hastings).....I don't think we're looking bad for 2018 with our first choice team. Realistically other than 5/8 and the inclusion of Thompson, we have a fairly settled and talented line up so I think some 'experts' are writing us off a wee bit early.

That named team works for me, though TBH I would have Hastings before Croker. I still think in a spine with DCE, Tom and Api he could shine. And of course there is his goal kicking. I'll be honest about something too.....I'm a bit dubious of Barrett selecting players just because they put in the effort during pre-season training. I still remember Nathan Green playing like a deer in the headlights in the opening two rounds of 2016.....and his selection was a reward for a good pre-season. I know Barrett has grown as a coach since then so telling the media that Croker has been good in the pre-season so far could be a red herring. But for mine (until proven otherwise) its still a weaker part of his coaching.

Green did improve a lot over that season and played some very good games later on (destroyed the dragons from memory) so there was something. Surprised he wasn't kept for another year but maybe he was on more than he should have been for his place in the team.

Going to be a LOT of pressure on young Croker or Hastings, but I’m pretty sure one of them will do a job similar to Green.

Lots of pundits have us going well back in 2018, I’m not so sure.

Agreed. A lot seem to think that having Tedesco and Cronk automatically makes the Chooks favourites, or that getting Thurston and Scott back makes the Cows the favourites. But like Linda in Becker.....here's the thing.

Thurston and Scott are basically on their last legs injury wise. Great players yes, but one tackle gone wrong and Thurston's shoulder is done a-la Cement Gillespie crunching Peter Sterling. And while the Cows Finals form was very good this year, their minor round form was iffy at best.....and lets not forget that the only reason they even made the Finals after losing 5 of their last 6 games was because St Merge choked against the Dogs in the final round. Otherwise they wouldn't have been heading for the GF, they'd have been heading to Hawaii or someplace for their end of season holiday.

And the Chooks? Great player that he has been, for me the jury is out on how Cronk will perform without Smith, Slater and Bellamy. I think he'll do ok and I can't see him suddenly losing form, but I also can't shake the feeling that he is only doing the final 2 years for the money. And Tedesco is just one quality fullback replacing another.....and by losing Gordon the Chooks also lose a truckload of experience and their first choice goal kicker. And we all know what its like without a top kicker in the side. Then add in the players they have lost and I don't think they're the specials the media think they are.

Can anyone answer is Thompson still quick and Agile enough to play centre? If so we don't need Brown on the bench and could go with an impact player instead

Lloyd Perrett (emerging QLD Origin squad)
Addin Fonua-Blake (Current NZ International)
Lewis Brown (former NZ International - and MUCH better than people here give him credit for)
Frank Winterstein (Current Somoan International)

Come on mate, it's not too shabby ! Half of them are also under 23

I would have sipley on the bench over weinterstein.
Good side but im not reading to much into that just yet . Some Journo with no idea put that together . If thats the starting side and no Hastings atleast on the bench ill eat my dirty old hat . Agree Sipley for Frank and either Croker or hastings for Brown or Perrett . We need spark off the bench to turn tiring Defence into our Attack.

Lloyd Perrett (emerging QLD Origin squad)
Addin Fonua-Blake (Current NZ International)
Lewis Brown (former NZ International - and MUCH better than people here give him credit for)
Frank Winterstein (Current Somoan International)

Come on mate, it's not too shabby ! Half of them are also under 23
Franky is not and explosive or a ball playing 2nd rower, I see no value in him from the bench. As it would be a waste of interchange to rotate Siro or Thompson and doesn't ball play so wouldn't swap Jake

I've called Brown a Lemon from the moment it was announced. He has declined and is only good for a penalty. NZ was S**t this year and even brown couldn't make the team

AFB I'm a fan, hopeing to see improvement in him this year

Perret was not impressive by any standards in 2017, doesn't look the same player that burst on to the scene with the dogs. There is potential there but potential means nothing until it's reached.

To me individually there is talent in the bench. My opinion is more that this bench is not ballanced and does not compliment the starting 17

There will certainly be others pushing for a spot like Tanginoa, Sipley, Paseka and Gosiewski.

I don't think any of us really know what Frank is ..... I think he was told to play a certain role, and to steady the team ... and he did it.

With Green cutting him out nearly every attacking raid, he was used more as a foil than a weapon. However, I believe we will be playing a very different pattern this year.

I would guess that Frank as an ex Rugby sevens International possesses hands and skills that we haven't seen used. Who knows .... he may be given a license to cause mayhem .... maybe .....

PPS To a lesser degree I also believe Siro has facets to his game we haven't seen yet ... anyway with Jetski, Kelepi , Lane and Sipley breathing down their necks we are looking good.

Last edited:
I don't think any of us really know what Frank is ..... I think he was told to play a certain role, and to steady the team ... and he did it.

With Green cutting him out nearly every attacking raid, he was used more as a foil than a weapon. However, I believe we will be playing a very different pattern this year.

I would guess that Frank as an ex Rugby sevens International possesses hands and skills that we haven't seen used. Who knows .... he may be given a license to cause mayhem .... maybe .....
I heard you the first time Woodsie ;)

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8