NRL predicted 2018 Manly line up

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Does everyone else see Lussick as having a starting prop spot alongside Marty wrapped up?

I see him more as a bench prop, but the problem is I see AFB and Perrett as bench props too. One of them has to start. I'm just not sure which one...
Yeah not convinced here, he get first shot on reputation and 2016 form.

not sure why lloyd perrett has been in almost everyones bench. He hasnt done much but tried and failed for us... too many penalties we can't afford especially with lussick playing a bigger role and potential new recruits vying to make a name for themself. would much rather see a young gun like paseka be given the spot or even tanginoa could play prop, as well as sipley. the 13 from holden cup even.

8 fonua blake
9 api
10 marty
11 thompson
12 winterstein (siro's defence needs improving as dce can't afford to make as many tackles considering he's taking the reigns again)
13 trbo

14 gosiewski / tanginoa / sipley
15 paseka
16 lussick
17 sironen

Personally, I would go:

FB - Tom Trbojevic
WG - Jorge Taufua
CE - Dylan Walker
CE - Brian Kelly
WG - Akuila Uate
FE - Jackson Hastings
HB - Daly Cherry-Evans (c)
PR - Darcy Lussick
HK - Api Korousai
PR - Martin Taupau
SR - Joel Thompson
SR - Curtis Sironen
LK - Jake Trbojevic

Bench - Addin Fonua-Blake, Lloyd Perrett, Frank Winterstein, Shaun Lane/Lewis Brown

If Walker does miss the opening few rounds I would say that either Brad Parker or Matty Wright would get the job. But then who knows, maybe Barrett will surprise and play Thompson there, start Frank in the back row and have either Lane, Gosiewski or Sipley on the bench?

Thompson in the side almost makes Lewis Brown surplus other than as a back up dummy half (and if Api's fitness is right then we don't need that on the bench). And Shaun Lane could easily be used as a rotating prop, or lock if Jake moved to prop at points during a game.

@1969 I think you might be right, Lewis Brown not being on the bench is optimistic. I just have the feeling that regardless of what us armchair experts think or want, Barrett isn't going to drop him to Blacktown anytime soon.

Does everyone else see Lussick as having a starting prop spot alongside Marty wrapped up?

I see him more as a bench prop, but the problem is I see AFB and Perrett as bench props too. One of them has to start. I'm just not sure which one...

In my opinion he either starts or doesn't play. Don't recall him ever playing well off the bench, seems to get too much nervous energy waiting and just gives away penalties when he comes on after 20 minutes.

Personally, I would go:

FB - Tom Trbojevic
WG - Jorge Taufua
CE - Dylan Walker
CE - Brian Kelly
WG - Akuila Uate
FE - Jackson Hastings
HB - Daly Cherry-Evans (c)
PR - Darcy Lussick
HK - Api Korousai
PR - Martin Taupau
SR - Joel Thompson
SR - Curtis Sironen
LK - Jake Trbojevic

Bench - Addin Fonua-Blake, Lloyd Perrett, Frank Winterstein, Shaun Lane/Lewis Brown

If Walker does miss the opening few rounds I would say that either Brad Parker or Matty Wright would get the job. But then who knows, maybe Barrett will surprise and play Thompson there, start Frank in the back row and have either Lane, Gosiewski or Sipley on the bench?

Thompson in the side almost makes Lewis Brown surplus other than as a back up dummy half (and if Api's fitness is right then we don't need that on the bench). And Shaun Lane could easily be used as a rotating prop, or lock if Jake moved to prop at points during a game.

I would swap Parker for Kelly but that is almost a 50/50 call and it will be Brown as utility, Lane is fighting Frank as bench backrower imo, otherwise that is the side I would pick for round 1 if all players are fit.

An alternative is to play Croker and put Hastings into Browns roll

Alternatives would be to

I havent seen Sipley play . What does he have to offer ?
Watched him briefly playing for the Warriors reserve grade last season , hits the line hard and seems willing . Only young and apparently the Warriors were not pleased for him to leave . Big body , young , vigorous , reasonable work rate , has all the attributes to make an impression , time will tell but certainly hope that he kicks on and does well with Manly .

Watched him briefly playing for the Warriors reserve grade last season , hits the line hard and seems willing . Only young and apparently the Warriors were not pleased for him to leave . Big body , young , vigorous , reasonable work rate , has all the attributes to make an impression , time will tell but certainly hope that he kicks on and does well with Manly .
Thanks for your reply al. What is his line speed like ?

• Another experts prediction .....
    NRL.com expert Jamie Soward says:

"For Trent Barrett, he's seen the blueprint that works for Manly which is having Cherry-Evans play that six role where he can run around and play on the ball and get the ball when he wants it and having the guy alongside him who can control and kick. Croker is going to be important towards that.

"He'll be the starting six. Jackson Hastings I don't think has quite worked out where his best position is, whether it's fullback, halves or hooker but he'll definitely keep the pressure on.

"They got the best out of Sironen and Winterstein last year, it will come down to whether they can get the best out of them again."

NRL.com's predicted Round 1 team:

1 Tom Trbojevic, 2 Jorge Taufua, 3 Dylan Walker, 4 Brian Kelly, 5 Aku Uate, 6 Lachie Croker, 7 Daly Cherry-Evans, 8 Marty Taupau, 9 Api Koroisau, 10 Darcy Lussick, 11 Curtis Sironen, 12 Joel Thompson, 13 Jake Trbojevic. Interchange: 14 Lewis Brown, 15 Lloyd Perrett, 16 Addin Fonua-Blake, 17 Frank Winterstein. Reserves: 18 Jackson Hastings, 19 Shaun Lane, 20 Matthew Wright, 21 Jack Gosiewski.

I thought I heard a media piece saying Walker won't be right till after round 5? Could be wrong, as I have been wrong often lately?

I thought I heard a media piece saying Walker won't be right till after round 5? Could be wrong, as I have been wrong often lately?

Barrett said everyone is on track, but Dylan's recovery is slower than first thought. He also had surgery on his shoulder. Im expecting a delayed start for him, after all, it is a long season, and his ankle is a difficult injury to recover from. We shouldn't risk him until he is 100% ready.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10