NRL predicted 2018 Manly line up

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I thought I heard a media piece saying Walker won't be right till after round 5? Could be wrong, as I have been wrong often lately?
You probably did - they like to have a bet each way so they can come back later and quote their "correct" predictions.

All good found it! not going insane. :think:

Manly Sea Eagles

Jake Trbojevic (pectoral, round 1), Jorge Tafua (knee, round 1), Dylan Walker (shoulder, leg and ankle, round 3-5).

Jake Trbojevic is expected to be fit for the kick-off to 2018 after tearing his pectoral muscle playing for Australia in the World Cup. Dylan Walker will miss up to the first month of the season after breaking his fibula and dislocating his ankle in a Prime Minister's XIII clash against PNG in September. Walker also had an off-season shoulder reconstruction.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2017/12/12/2018-nrl-pre-season-casualty-ward/

I thought I heard a media piece saying Walker won't be right till after round 5? Could be wrong, as I have been wrong often lately?

Manly Sea Eagles

Jake Trbojevic (pectoral, round 1), Jorge Tafua (knee, round 1), Dylan Walker (shoulder, leg and ankle, round 3-5).

Jake Trbojevic is expected to be fit for the kick-off to 2018 after tearing his pectoral muscle playing for Australia in the World Cup. Dylan Walker will miss up to the first month of the season after breaking his fibula and dislocating his ankle in a Prime Minister's XIII clash against PNG in September. Walker also had an off-season shoulder reconstruction.

Barrett said at fan forum a month or so ago that Walker would return Round 2 at best Round 5 at worst from memory

Manly Sea Eagles

Who do we see taking his place for the first five rounds. (worst case scenario hopefully) Parker/Kelly as our centres for the first five rounds in 2018 is not really inspiring a great deal of confidence in me..... What are the other "realistic" options for us?

For no better reason than any ...

Turbo
Jorge
Kelly
Parker
Uate
Crocker
DCE
Jake
Thommo
Siro
Lussick
Api
Marty

Hastings (can cover, halves and hooker and centre)
Winterstein (can cover centre, back row and middle)
Perrett
AFB

However, I get the feeling we may see some interesting changes this year, haven't been so keen to see a bunch of newbies have a go in years.

Sipley, JetSki, Croker, Hastings, Kelepi plus the youngsters Paseka, T, Wright, Funa, Faina etc etc.

We live in interesting times ... If I knew where Blacktown was I would even go out to watch them ...

For no better reason than any ...

Turbo
Jorge
Kelly
Parker
Uate
Crocker
DCE
Jake
Thommo
Siro
Lussick
Api
Marty

Hastings (can cover, halves and hooker and centre)
Winterstein (can cover centre, back row and middle)
Perrett
AFB

However, I get the feeling we may see some interesting changes this year, haven't been so keen to see a bunch of newbies have a go in years.

Sipley, JetSki, Croker, Hastings, Kelepi plus the youngsters Paseka, T, Wright, Funa, Faina etc etc.

We live in interesting times ... If I knew where Blacktown was I would even go out to watch them ...

It's in Qld.

Who do we see taking his place for the first five rounds. (worst case scenario hopefully) Parker/Kelly as our centres for the first five rounds in 2018 is not really inspiring a great deal of confidence in me..... What are the other "realistic" options for us?

What about Uate in centre did alright in the World Cup and have Parker on wing?

What about Uate in centre did alright in the World Cup and have Parker on wing?

I'm guessing Matt Wright will start in the centres if Dylan is not ready by round 1. I'm also guessing Bazzle wants go get the pack rotation sorted and won't WANT to put Sirro or Thommo out there. Maybe Frank?
Yes, Uate did well in attack in the WC but I think he is better suited to the wing defensively, where he has the sideline as his defensive helper. I don't know if Tom Wright or Brad Parker are ready to partner Kelly in a first grade centre pairing. Maybe they are. The trials will give us a bit of an indicator.

Last edited:
I'm guessing Matt Wright will start in the centres if Dylan is not ready by round 1.
Yes, Uate did well in attack in the WC but I think he is better suited to the wing defensively, where he has the sideline as his defensive helper. I don't know if Tom Wright or Brad Parker are ready to partner Kelly in a first grade centre pairing. Maybe they are.

Its a difficult question we have to face, because Walker will not be there. I think it depends on Carney, , then maybe we put Croker in for a few weeks, since he is training the house down, and in contention for the 5/8 role? He must be a reasonable defender, and handy with the offload?

Parker was amazing in attack and defence at centre vs roosters at brookie this year. Flawless.

Then he made a few bad errors vs tigers a week or so later and got injured.

He will be very good with experience, and there’s only one way to get it. I expect to see him in round 1 if he has recovered from the meniscus.

Round 1

T. Trbojevic
J. Taufua
B. Kelly
M. Wright (I prefer Parker)
A. Uate
J. Hastings (goal kicker)
D.C-Evans
M. Taupau
A. Koroisau
A. Fonua-Blake
J. Thompson
C. Sironen
J. Trbojevic

D. Lussick
L. Perrett
F. Winterstein (I prefer Lane)
L. Croker

Round 1 team - our biggest advantage over the new-look Knights will be the fact our side is settled and most have played together for at least a season now. It would be a major surprise if Matt Wright doesn't fill Walker's spot, especially if we go in with a rookie 5/8.

The Knights game will be a blockbuster before a huge Knights crowd. Wright has been a regular in the team and he's tough and experienced. Not the right game to throw in another rookie.

Tom Wright I’m thinking!
Frankinstein would even be a good chance at centre for a month, with Thommo taking his place in the back row.

For mine, it is that sort of depth, interchangeability, the experience which a young squad has now reached, a level of NRL maturity if u like, which makes this years squad, better than 2017.

Walkers is a standout rep centre. But for a few weeks (IMO Matt Wright, Parker, Frankinstein) They are experienced top graders, I would have confidence anyone of them would do a job. And almost expect anyone could far exceed expectations, and then have pressure on Kelly.

Similarly Uate was good enough in the centres in the world cup. If Jade Anderson being the flash Gordon he is was seriously impressing at preseason. Anderson moves to wing.

If other young guns are killing it at training and are too talented to stop. Which Tom Wright or Funa may be. BAM they make a debut.

Thats not even considering some very experienced NRL heavyweights in Brown or Jono Wright.

Your not doing too badly, when competition in the squad, subject to who is the stand out, means, young, old or indifferent everyone in the squad is not without a chance.

What price Thompson starting the season at centre while Walker is still recovering with Winterstein still in the back row?

Although I do think we primarily signed Thompson as a back rower.....its an option. Though I do think either Brad Parker or Matty Wright will probably get the nod until Walks is back.

What price Thompson starting the season at centre while Walker is still recovering with Winterstein still in the back row?

Although I do think we primarily signed Thompson as a back rower.....its an option. Though I do think either Brad Parker or Matty Wright will probably get the nod until Walks is back.

Parker .. odds on
M. Wright .. 3-1
T. Wright .. 15-1
Funa .. 20-1
Winterstein .. 50-1
Thommo .. 250-1

Parker .. odds on
M. Wright .. 3-1
T. Wright .. 15-1
Funa .. 20-1
Winterstein .. 50-1
Thommo .. 250-1

I agree Woodsie but maybe M Wright (for his laser accurate goal kicking) in front of Parker

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10