[Resurrected] Nicho Hynes

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

KNUCKLES

Bencher
Even still .. $600k is chump change for a top line half or fullback ... one that can play both at his level are rare ..

When you consider blokes like Dugan, DZW, Moylan etc etc are on about $800k and blokes like Hunt and Milford are on a million ... even our Walker was on close to 6ook before his troubles ..

Still think he is a bargain ..
Yeah but look how they all turned out.. they won't be on that sort of money come contract time. 600k at this point of time in my opinion is overs. Doesn't even have a full season of NRL under his belt yet

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Speaking of Nicho Hynes (unless I'm in the wrong thread?)
Ah forget it, don't want to talk about him.
But Suli is looking extremely fit in the club's bye-round video today. One of our outside backs is bound to get hurt shortly (even thought the game is for sissy's nowadays, I dunno it seems to happen anyway, weird right?) and then he'll get a chance to either cement a spot or to 'show his wares in the shop window'.

manly al

First Grader
Maybe if Suli was on less coin , could be viable for another interested club with some part freight but doubt it with his current 550 k contract . Not sure about someone like Dufty , not even sure what sort of money he is on at the Dragons but apparently has been on the outer there occasionally this season or even last . Certainly got some toe but . Elliot was pretty reliable and overall offered more then Funa , Garrick or even Walker at the back . Talk that Koula could improvise well as a full back just on ability but still unproven of course at this stage . Need a capable full back when Turbo is not at the back [ and let"s hope just for future rep duties ] , Sure that it is a major consideration for the powers that be at the club right now .

Snake

Snake's Alive!
Yes we were in a bit of a hole. I would have very happy to see Suli go to St Merge though. He has never been a consistent NRL player, and I think his best days as a centre are behind him. He also isnt suited to playing on the edge, and I really wonder if we can somehow incorporate him in our prop rotation. But looking at our prop depth I think that would turn out to be a waste of time as well.

I think we should let him go to a team looking for a power centre, but I cant see who would take him now. If we could do a swap out with Dufty for the rest of the season (before August 1st), things could work well for both clubs. If we strike a deal to pay some of his freight next season, and also secure Dufty for two years on reasonable coin, we have gone a long way to solving our fullback depth issue. Plus Dufty would be another handy backline utility player, who has genuine strike ability, from anywhere on the field. I would have loved to have got Hynes back but that isnt happening unfortunately. Thoughts?
Dufty ain't coming to play reserve grade for 3/4 of the season. He isn't a winger either so unless Tom is injured, he wouldn't come anywhere near the team. Dufty will get snapped up by the Dogs or Broncos and be their no.1. Dragons are mad for letting him go....not the best fullback but certainly better than anything they have coming through.

Eagles4Life

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Dufty ain't coming to play reserve grade for 3/4 of the season. He isn't a winger either so unless Tom is injured, he wouldn't come anywhere near the team. Dufty will get snapped up by the Dogs or Broncos and be their no.1. Dragons are mad for letting him go....not the best fullback but certainly better than anything they have coming through.
Yep your right Snake. He wouldnt want to play in reggies. I dont see him at either the Broncos or the Dogs though. Josh Addo Carr will be the Dogs fullback (he hasnt signed with the Dogs to play winger), and Isaako will continue to be developed as the Broncos fullback. That leaves Raiders and the Titans perhaps. They are both already pretty well covered for the fullback position. Any club that takes Dufty on would be probably looking at him as a utility player. We would be no different. He would be a great fourteen for us (depending on the results of the Fainu trial), could fill in as six or seven, and obviously at one for Turbo when he is injured/unavailable. He has also spent a fair bit of time on the wing for the Dragons (not in first grade), but I think he could go ok there as well. I think he is worth a shot for Manly as a utility player, if he cant get a fullback gig anywhere else.

Yes we were in a bit of a hole. I would have very happy to see Suli go to St Merge though. He has never been a consistent NRL player, and I think his best days as a centre are behind him. He also isnt suited to playing on the edge, and I really wonder if we can somehow incorporate him in our prop rotation. But looking at our prop depth I think that would turn out to be a waste of time as well.

I think we should let him go to a team looking for a power centre, but I cant see who would take him now. If we could do a swap out with Dufty for the rest of the season (before August 1st), things could work well for both clubs. If we strike a deal to pay some of his freight next season, and also secure Dufty for two years on reasonable coin, we have gone a long way to solving our fullback depth issue. Plus Dufty would be another handy backline utility player, who has genuine strike ability, from anywhere on the field. I would have loved to have got Hynes back but that isnt happening unfortunately. Thoughts?
Dufty a bit suspect in defence.
Apparently has issues (training?) and that's why he's getting flicked

Snake

Snake's Alive!
Yep your right Snake. He wouldnt want to play in reggies. I dont see him at either the Broncos or the Dogs though. Josh Addo Carr will be the Dogs fullback (he hasnt signed with the Dogs to play winger), and Isaako will continue to be developed as the Broncos fullback. That leaves Raiders and the Titans perhaps. They are both already pretty well covered for the fullback position. Any club that takes Dufty on would be probably looking at him as a utility player. We would be no different. He would be a great fourteen for us (depending on the results of the Fainu trial), could fill in as six or seven, and obviously at one for Turbo when he is injured/unavailable. He has also spent a fair bit of time on the wing for the Dragons (not in first grade), but I think he could go ok there as well. I think he is worth a shot for Manly as a utility player, if he cant get a fullback gig anywhere else.
I think the Titans are pretty happy with Brimson at 1. Addo-Carr is a massive risk at fullback given he has never played there before.

I don't think Dufty is a wingers arsehole. He has trouble under the highball and gets rag dolled on kick returns. No thanks. I don't want him defending anywhere near the front line so no to 14 for me.

He is limited in many capacities. If there is one place he probably fits, it's at fullback for the Dragons; go figure?!

Eagles4Life

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I think the Titans are pretty happy with Brimson at 1. Addo-Carr is a massive risk at fullback given he has never played there before.

I don't think Dufty is a wingers arsehole. He has trouble under the highball and gets rag dolled on kick returns. No thanks. I don't want him defending anywhere near the front line so no to 14 for me.

He is limited in many capacities. If there is one place he probably fits, it's at fullback for the Dragons; go figure?!
Going pretty well there tonight. Though he looks like he could handle the Dragons five eight role better then Norman does currently. Considering his form tonight it seems very strange they don't want him next year. 7 try involvements tonight. Bloody hell are the Dragons completely nuts on this call???

Snake

Snake's Alive!
Going pretty well there tonight. Though he looks like he could handle the Dragons five eight role better then Norman does currently. Considering his form tonight it seems very strange they don't want him next year. 7 try involvements tonight. Bloody hell are the Dragons completely nuts on this call???
Yeah they’re off their heads.

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
If he had made an appearance for Qld at some stage in his past Kevvie "the overrated reputation coat tails" Walters would be all over him.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member

But the money isn’t important to me, it was more about getting the opportunity to start every week and make a name for myself in the NRL.

“My manager called me to tell me another club offered X amount and however many years and I said to him ‘if the Sharks can match that or come close then I’m there’,”

Eagle 1

First Grader

But the money isn’t important to me, it was more about getting the opportunity to start every week and make a name for myself in the NRL.

“My manager called me to tell me another club offered X amount and however many years and I said to him ‘if the Sharks can match that or come close then I’m there’,”
Who'd ever thought, was once a Manly boy, maybe the one that got away. Anyway, good luck to you Nicho..

Brissie Kid

Bencher
The NRL cutting the NYC was one of the most short sighted decisions ever imo.

hynesn-1532802.jpg

The Who

Journey Man
What a shame someone at the club felt him unworthy of a contract. Let's hope that person/group of people have moved on to "advise" another club about RL talent.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18