[Resurrected] Nicho Hynes

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
BTW, why did Manly let Hynes go after he played under 20's in 2015?

Barrett or was he not good enuf then?
Fairly certain he was battling some inner demons at the time, and his application didn't impress Barrett so they decided not to issue a new contract.

I have heard that Hynes met with Des not long before this announcement but the Sharks offer was too good to refuse. 600k is good coin! I don't think we were ever really in the running but at least we showed interest and he gave us the opportunity to meet and put our offer forward.
where do you reckon he would have played if he came here TBR?

reportedly he was after a starting spot so I reckon Des could only have offered him a centre spot if he signed with us - probably not as appealing as a guaranteed fullback role at the gummies....

Hmmm - I have questions over how he is outside of the Melbourne system, how he is without Bellamy given he seems a great man manager and father figure to the troubled like Hynes and I wonder if he is mentally strong enough to handle it at another club with the pressure of being a big name signing. He is playing great footy.... but. To be honest $1.8 mil to me is overs and a huge gamble - bit like the gamble of the Broncos with Reynolds and if his body hold up for three years - I am really doubtful.
In todays game everything is a gamble. You never know they could be doing him a favour in letting him go.I could be wrong but that’s the gamble you take in business such as this. To me it does seem to be a little early but I don’t know the half of it.

Wish him well but I don't expect much from him once he leaves the storm...
Even when playing with storms back up team, they all seem to go better than most first string NRL teams .
My money on Hynes to collect a nice pay cheque then move on to the next club once sharks tank in the next few seasons

Sharks re-signed Kennedy so pretty clear cut that Hynes is going there as a 6.

I don't think Manly should be spending a lot of coin on outside backs. Maybe depth/squad players but certainly not a 1.8m player. We should be looking at Jayden Sua.

I don't think Manly should be spending a lot of coin on outside backs. Maybe depth/squad players but certainly not a 1.8m player. We should be looking at Jayden Sua

I don't think Manly should be spending a lot of coin on outside backs. Maybe depth/squad players but certainly not a 1.8m player. We should be looking at Jayden Sua.
Imo we need a backup fb who can play wing or centre type to cover Tom's absences... an Alex Johnston or issako or crighton type... then after that some more edge forwards would be handy!

Imo we need a backup fb who can play wing or centre type to cover Tom's absences... an Alex Johnston or issako or crighton type... then after that some more edge forwards would be handy!
Those players you listed also came through the grades at their respective clubs. If they went to market, they'd cost a bomb. I'm not suggesting you are saying we should be buying those specific players but my point is this; to afford such wonderful backup, you generally have to get it from within...a player that is happy to play centre or wing because that's what they came through the system as, but are happy to drop back when need be.

The only other way to do it, is to buy a Caleb Atkins (Raiders) or Daine Laurie (Tigers) because they are behind elite talent at other clubs...you get them cheap because they want an opportunity.

I don't disagree but I don't know that this type of purchase should cost 1.8m over three years.
Agreed... we need to find one of Des's "basement bargain" types that aren't getting much of a run elsewhere but can do a job! Michael Robertson is a good example!

Those players you listed also came through the grades at their respective clubs. If they went to market, they'd cost a bomb. I'm not suggesting you are saying we should be buying those specific players but my point is this; to afford such wonderful backup, you generally have to get it from within...a player that is happy to play centre or wing because that's what they came through the system as, but are happy to drop back when need be.

The only other way to do it, is to buy a Caleb Atkins (Raiders) or Daine Laurie (Tigers) because they are behind elite talent at other clubs...you get them cheap because they want an opportunity.
Snake you are a man in the know... would koula be this type by next season?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8