Next week roosters

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If we're competitive against the Roosters I'll be satisfied at this stage of the season. We've got way more improvement in us than any number of teams. Lussick to come back yet and combinations starting to gel nicely. This team is showing tremendous spirit and is still a work in progress, but I'm getting very excited by what might be possible.

5 day turn around means we will only have 1 training session most probably and rest the other days. roosters get 8. either way 5 or 6 they still get more that's what it has to do with this game champion. why are some of you so petty. what exactly are we gonna do on the 6th day? move along Jimmy unless you have something to add that's actually beneficial for the both of us. good day
Petty? You were wrong on pre-school maths!

I thought nobody was wrong anymore ... don't we all get participation ribbons.

Anyway .. Maths teachers are way too fussy about the answers.
Don't get me started on Maths teachers. As a former teacher all I can tell you is they were bullies who thought they were more important than the rest of any school - despite the existence of calculators and computers!

Defends on Kapows side ....anywhere inside that 10m line let the big bloke run at that little f**ker

In the round 5 game against Souffs at Brookie last season we had Kapow running on that side of the field and often we had the chance to having him run straight at Keary. The problem in that game was that we had a 5/8 (Walker) who I kept screaming at the screen to pass the ball, but he didn't, at least not until he'd crowded Kapow and allowed Souffs forwards to come across and help Keary.

If we're competitive against the Roosters I'll be satisfied at this stage of the season. We've got way more improvement in us than any number of teams. Lussick to come back yet and combinations starting to gel nicely. This team is showing tremendous spirit and is still a work in progress, but I'm getting very excited by what might be possible.
I agree really we are not expected to win this week, if we can show the same fight and determination as other weeks and team play we be going well.

I know the roosters had a few key players out of our trial game against them about a month or so ago but we were up for that game and I think we will be up for this one.

If we give away easy penalties and possession the roosters should have to much in attack and I see them wining by 14 points

But if we hold our own in the forwards and get an even share of possession it will be a much closer scoreline.

Don't get me started on Maths teachers. As a former teacher all I can tell you is they were bullies who thought they were more important than the rest of any school - despite the existence of calculators and computers!

I would respond but I'm hiding behind a chair. And @yokahontas Budgie"s post wasn't funny. I would also probably say who do you think invented those calculators and computers but I haven't the courage.

I am, and was being flippant and like you believe in the value of a broad and well rounded education, even if that means studying the Arts and humanities.

I would respond but I'm hiding behind a chair. And @yokahontas Budgie"s post wasn't funny. I would also probably say who do you think invented those calculators and computers but I haven't the courage.

I am, and was being flippant and like you believe in the value of a broad and well rounded education, even if that means studying the Arts and humanities.

@Budgewoi Eagle's post made me laugh because it's pretty much exactly how I remember my maths teachers - some were sort of nice people, but holy crap they really did think maths was the be-all and end-all...whereas I never did get why you'd bother learning to do something the long way round when you could use a calculator and get the answer in half a second!

Oh, and I disagree about them being fussy about the answers! I used to fail maths tests because I could figure out the answer but not 'show the working'. I tried everything, drawing a picture, writing a paragraph on how I got the answer...nope. 1/3 or 1/5 cos I got it right but couldn't prove how.

TL;DR maths sucks. Words is more betterer.

The Rorters have been playing very very well, Keary has certainly added a new dimension to their play in 2017.

Stifle him and we could Spring an upset, I think our forwards can hold their own and if they do I'd expect Green / Cherry to surprise.

If we play with the same commitment as last week, and don't let the Rorters get away to an early lead, I think it's possible.

All we , and our players , have to do is........believe!

@Budgewoi Eagle's post made me laugh because it's pretty much exactly how I remember my maths teachers - some were sort of nice people, but holy crap they really did think maths was the be-all and end-all...whereas I never did get why you'd bother learning to do something the long way round when you could use a calculator and get the answer in half a second!

Oh, and I disagree about them being fussy about the answers! I used to fail maths tests because I could figure out the answer but not 'show the working'. I tried everything, drawing a picture, writing a paragraph on how I got the answer...nope. 1/3 or 1/5 cos I got it right but couldn't prove how.

TL;DR maths sucks. Words is more betterer.

I remember well in high school we had a Maths teacher " Mr Melrose", an absolute prick......as a result I barely passed that subject.

We also had two " ten pound pom's" , a husband and wife duo for Science and English, Mr and Mrs Derek, he was a nerdy , bearded dickwitt she was a drop dead gorgeous blonde who used to wear really really short dresses, and sit in front of us on the table , crossing and uncrossing her legs........there used to be a mad scramble for the front seats in her class!!

I think it was a marraige of " convenience" as once she was here long enough to get her permanent visa she pissed off with another teacher and left town, breaking the hearts of most of the then year 11 boys!!!

Oh the memories !

Last edited:
I remember well in high school we had a Maths teacher " Mr Melrose", an absolute prick......as a result I barely passed that subject. We also had two " ten pound pom's" , a husband and wife duo for Science and English, Mr and Mrs Derek, he was a nerdy , bearded dickwitt she was a drop dead gorgeous blonde who used to wear really really short dresses, and sit in front of us on the table , crossing and uncrossing her legs........there used to be a mad scramble for the front seats in her class!! I think it was a marraige of " arrangement" as once she was here long enough to get her permanent visa she pissed off with another teacher and left town, breaking the hearts of most of the then year 11 boys!!! Oh the memories !
Oh, that brings back memories too - we had a Food Tech teacher who used to wear those dresses with buttons all down the front - usually only the middle two or three done up, so the boys used to love her! One lunchtime, a couple of kids in our year walked into the kitchen area to find her and one of the computer studies teachers (as nerdy as you'd imagine) steaming the place up... Anyway, turns out there's a LOT more to that story. A year or two later, a friend's mum starts seeing a new guy, turns out to be the now ex-husband of the food tech teacher. Apparently it started out as a wife-swapping gig involving the two teachers and their respective spouses...but the two lovely teachers weren't keen to swap back at the end of the part-ay... @:D

Last edited:
I remember well in high school we had a Maths teacher " Mr Melrose", an absolute prick......as a result I barely passed that subject.

We also had two " ten pound pom's" , a husband and wife duo for Science and English, Mr and Mrs Derek, he was a nerdy , bearded dickwitt she was a drop dead gorgeous blonde who used to wear really really short dresses, and sit in front of us on the table , crossing and uncrossing her legs........there used to be a mad scramble for the front seats in her class!!

I think it was a marraige of " convenience" as once she was here long enough to get her permanent visa she pissed off with another teacher and left town, breaking the hearts of most of the then year 11 boys!!!

Oh the memories !
I worked on a Tony Melsose's pool in Sydneyl, his missus could have broken a few hearts.

Social science was my favourite class, the only subject that required zero study whilst being assured of an A grading.

When I watch the Roosters I see a team that don't fully comprehend their own potential. They are far and away the most talented and fearsome side in the NRL but they **** around a lot. If we get lucky and catch them on a night when they are ****ing around too much, we can jag a win. If they play to their potential, I don't think there is a side in the NRL that can match them. At the pointy end of the year, it'll come down to teams like Melbourne and the Broncos playing a % game to beat a side with this much talent.

The Rorters have been playing very very well, Keary has certainly added a new dimension to their play in 2017.

Stifle him and we could Spring an upset, I think our forwards can hold their own and if they do I'd expect Green / Cherry to surprise.

If we play with the same commitment as last week, and don't let the Rorters get away to an early lead, I think it's possible.

All we , and our players , have to do is........believe!

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4