National Anthem Fiasco at Allstars game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Maybe other Europeans wouldn't want to accept a captain of German heritage? No, you would have to go further. You could have a competition with about 100 different teams to keep everybody happy. As I am from Ireland, I wouldn't want to be in a team with any players of English descent. You would definitely have to have teams such as Irish Australians, English Australians, Scottish Australians etc. This would bring us all together, although I would be in competition with my wife as she would be supporting Lebanese Australia. Who would my children go for? I give up!!!!
Your children would go for the team that had colours or a mascot they like... race politics are not a genetic trait, they have to be learned...

If we dissolved all the nations. Burned the atlas. Divided the whole world into 100 new Nations with equal land and resorces. Allocated all the people randomly. Four out of every ten an ex Chinese. One out of every hundred an ex Australian etc. how long do you think it would be before country 10 declared war on country 5?

Games like these are only any good when pale skinned rangas end up representing the indigenous side.

SmartSelect_20190217-125530_Google.jpg

Your children would go for the team that had colours or a mascot they like... race politics are not a genetic trait, they have to be learned...

Never a truer word spoken.

I grew up in a country town where 1/3 of the population is aboriginal and I have lots of photos of me ( god love Mum and her Box Brownie) as a 5-10 year old playing footy and cricket and having lots of mates who were black fellas.

To be honest at age 5 I never even thought about them being different.

And I still count a fair few of them as mates today although only see them at funerals and the like when I return home.

Kids don’t come out as radicals , they are taught to be that, and sadly these footballers will influence the current generation into those ways by these actions.

Next time hopefully they pick someone who knows to only give a cliche, or better still keep their mouth shut, rather than give an honest answer when questioned after the game.
"To be honest, no," Walker said when asked if he felt the anthem should have been played. "It just brings back so many memories from what's happened, and it's something everyone as a group and everyone in Australia needs to, I suppose, get together and work something out. It doesn't represent myself and my family."
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/in...s-aim-at-national-anthem-20190216-p50y7e.html

All I can say is thank God, at least they didn't ask him about this story
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-02...tes-at-crisis-levels-communities-say/10814874

Maybe other Europeans wouldn't want to accept a captain of German heritage? No, you would have to go further. You could have a competition with about 100 different teams to keep everybody happy. As I am of Irish descent, I wouldn't want to be in a team with any players of English descent. You would definitely have to have teams such as Irish Australians, English Australians, Scottish Australians etc. This should unite the country, although I would be in competition with my wife as she would be supporting Lebanese Australia. Who would my children go for/play for? I give up!!!!
And the upside of that is,for world cup fanatics, not so much for those who aren't, that it would go for about 18 months. Maybe longer with all the anthems and war cries taken into account.
The premiership could take a hike and Todd could just hand the trophy over to the rorters in a ceremony at the leagues club in front of the same amount of supporters as they would get at the GF.
Everyone's a winner...

Perhaps if the NRL wants to break the players down by race and put on games for commercial purposes we need a team included that celebrates white hereditary and its contribution to the game. Coen Hess could be captain. What would this team be called?

I have a fair idea. They'd be called the Racists.

It would get real messy then. There was plenty of European blood in the Indigenous side the other night, so then you'd get a real mish mash depending on which jersey they wanted to add to their collection. (ie Gagai the other night)

And the upside of that is,for world cup fanatics, not so much for those who aren't, that it would go for about 18 months. Maybe longer with all the anthems and war cries taken into account.
The premiership could take a hike and Todd could just hand the trophy over to the rorters in a ceremony at the leagues club in front of the same amount of supporters as they would get at the GF.
Everyone's a winner...

And all penalty counts would have to be equal after every match, so as to not offend anybody. Imagine how much pressure the referees would be under...

Next time hopefully they pick someone who knows to only give a cliche, or better still keep their mouth shut, rather than give an honest answer when questioned after the game.
"To be honest, no," Walker said when asked if he felt the anthem should have been played. "It just brings back so many memories from what's happened, and it's something everyone as a group and everyone in Australia needs to, I suppose, get together and work something out. It doesn't represent myself and my family."
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/in...s-aim-at-national-anthem-20190216-p50y7e.html

All I can say is thank God, at least they didn't ask him about this story
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-02...tes-at-crisis-levels-communities-say/10814874
Or better still sing the anthem of the country that has offered you so much opportunity and pursue your political goals (such as changes to anthems,, flags, land rights, birth certificates etc) off the field... that's what morning television is for...
Not agreeing with the words of the anthem doesn't mean you can't sing it as a show of respect for our nation... in no...

It would get real messy then. There was plenty of European blood in the Indigenous side the other night, so then you'd get a real mish mash depending on which jersey they wanted to add to their collection. (ie Gagai the other night)

Easily fixed. Just add another 30-40 teams to the already 100 or so in the world cup. Games all over the place - finding enough players might be a burden though. I would really be looking forward to what the English/German/Japanese Australian team's anthem would be...

Easily fixed. Just add another 30-40 teams to the already 100 or so in the world cup. Games all over the place - finding enough players might be a burden though. I would really be looking forward to what the English/German/Japanese Australian team's anthem would be...
Why not add teams based on religion and get some real grudge matches going...

Or we could just have Superleague with their " recognised in Chile" or whatever it was hahaha

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6