National Anthem Fiasco at Allstars game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So now what? When one of our players of aboriginal descent are picked to play for Australia will they refuse to sing the national anthem? Or when an Australian athlete of aboriginal descent competing for Australia in a world event wins a medal will they refuse to sing the anthem on the podium? Whilst I understand that the words "For those who come across the seas" and reference to everything being "young and free" causes some concern among aboriginal people we are still all Australians aren't we? This discussion has probably been blown out of context somewhat bearing in mind some genius decided that we should play the Australian national anthem prior to our Indigenous team competing against a Maori team which in my view was pretty dumb. Personally I have no objection to a few of the words of the anthem being changed slightly so as to remove the reference to those who come across the seas and to being young and free if that resolves the issue (incidentally 26% of Australians were born overseas and 46% have at least one parent born overseas). Whilst we are at it lets get rid of any reference to the "commonwealth". Frankly I don't mind if we associate Australia Day with another date other than the date Captain James Cook's arrival, but we should still unite and celebrate our great country and have an anthem to sing that doesn't offend our aboriginal brethren.

How on earth does the 'far left' (whatever that is??) get brought into this thread? This always puzzles me. So now Cody Walker is some kind of radical political activist? Really?
The far left are the ones that use minorities for political gain mate.

It’s gets confusing though
The lgtba community align themselves with Islam as another minority. Which is puzzling considering In Islamic countries where sharia law is in place gay people are thrown off buildings, flogged in public and jailed for just being who they are go figure.

That doesn't really narrow it down for me. If you mean people like Pauline Hanson and Donald Trump, who both use migrant workers for political gain, I'd hardly call them far left, more centre right conservative.

It’s gets confusing though
The lgtba community align themselves with Islam as another minority. Which is puzzling considering In Islamic countries where sharia law is in place gay people are thrown off buildings, flogged in public and jailed for just being who they are go figure.

He knows exactly what you are talking about Cameron - why indulge him?

Is leftism an actual position, or just an emotion?

That doesn't really narrow it down for me. If you mean people like Pauline Hanson and Donald Trump, who both use migrant workers for political gain, I'd hardly call them far left, more centre right conservative.
I'm pretty sure a willingness to use individuals, minorities and fear for political gain forms part of our (and most other country's) parliamentary oath.

Your confused mate. Hanson and trump aren’t left they would be Centre to almost fat right.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8