National Anthem Fiasco at Allstars game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
With the risk of offending our Indigenous community, what did you all think about the refusal to sing the National Anthem? Cody Walker the captain said that the National Anthem did not represent himself or his family.

Whilst I somewhat agree to have inclusion within our society and maybe we should change the anthem to something all Australians would be more happier with, this just my opinion on last night;

As the current National Anthem is our current National Anthem and the team does represent Australia by undertaking a protest as such not only showed disrespect to the game, it was a protest against Australia. The public event is not the venue for political statements. Whilst I support politically their view point they are representing not only themselves but our country.

I'd be saying if you do not respect the opportunity to represent the country then fine, don't play.
Fk Cody walker! There i said it. He needs to stop bitching and do what hes paid to do. Who honestly cares about his opinion? Guy can go suck a lemon

I agree he can protest as much as he wants but not on my money. If wants to use a forum to protest to which the NRL has spent millions to acknowledge their cause, and publicly embarrass the event, then lets put those millions at grass roots and hold development camps for little kids.
Well said, the guys just a bitch! They follow what they see the Americans do in the NFL and NBA. Like you said he could of used that platform to recognize the good the nrl has done for the aboriginal communities yet.... like i said just a bitch

Well said, the guys just a bitch! They follow what they see the Americans do in the NFL and NBA. Like you said he could of used that platform to recognize the good the nrl has done for the aboriginal communities yet.... like i said just a bitch

What an embarrassing post...which is saying something in this thread. A man is asked a question and answers honestly.

I trust you are an expert in indigenous culture to have such a well formed opinion

Typical left wing self righteous and condescending response to anyone with a different opinion. Maybe Cody should worry about the child sexual abuse,violence against women,alcohol and substance abuse which is rampant amongst indigenous communities. These matters affect their daily lives more than issues regarding the anthem,flag and the date of Australia day.

Again I ask you are you familiar with what indigenous people suffer or feel? I am a white middle aged male so do not feel qualified to say what is important to them.

If it is self righteous to say that a person should not be called a little bitch then so be it

Typical left wing self righteous and condescending response to anyone with a different opinion. Maybe Cody should worry about the child sexual abuse,violence against women,alcohol and substance abuse which is rampant amongst indigenous communities. These matters affect their daily lives more than issues regarding the anthem,flag and the date of Australia day.

Yumi said that this is not happening...

Again I ask you are you familiar with what indigenous people suffer or feel? I am a white middle aged male so do not feel qualified to say what is important to them.

If it is self righteous to say that a person should not be called a little bitch then so be it

Easy these days to be outraged at everything and blame others for the status quo. Not that easy for self reflection and personal acceptance. Self improvement comes fom within.

Easy these days to be outraged at everything and blame others for the status quo. Not that easy for self reflection and personal acceptance. Self improvement comes fom within.

Not sure if that is direct at Walker or me. If it is walker I can not imagine how an indigenous person feels (I am a quasi member of a highly persecuted religion it is pretty pithy to say that improvement comes from within)

If it is me there is no anger only disappointment

Not sure if that is direct at Walker or me. If it is walker I can not imagine how an indigenous person feels (I am a quasi member of a highly persecuted religion it is pretty pithy to say that improvement comes from within)

Both. Walker can use his position in the game and stature to assist the indigenous community on issues that matter to them most rather than grandstanding politics at a sporting event. And for you. It is easy to be outraged at a differing opinion if your a member of the hand wringing politically lefty high priests that are ruining this once great country.

Fk Cody walker! There i said it. He needs to stop bitching and do what hes paid to do. Who honestly cares about his opinion? Guy can go suck a lemon
He actually was doing what he's paid to do, because the terms of players contracts include having to talk to the media, and a journalist asked him a specific question.

Surely you don't demand players only give false, 'Politically Correct' answers when questioned by the media? Personally I prefer to hear what they really think, and if that provides food for thought and discussion about important matters, then all the better. Well done Cody.

Don’t start me on the hypocrisy that exists around your religion bud. The far left has no problem defending radical Islam while neglecting the hatred and bigotry aimed towards your religion. The world has gone mad.

How on earth does the 'far left' (whatever that is??) get brought into this thread? This always puzzles me. So now Cody Walker is some kind of radical political activist? Really?

How on earth does the 'far left' (whatever that is??) get brought into this thread? This always puzzles me. So now Cody Walker is some kind of radical political activist? Really?

28168302_2093696164193249_7916588307795471078_n.jpg

Don’t start me on the hypocrisy that exists around your religion bud. The far left has no problem defending radical Islam while neglecting the hatred and bigotry aimed towards your religion. The world has gone mad.

Yes, strange bedfellows indeed...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8