Morgan ‘Lance’ Boyle

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Looks like he is the new whipping boy for many but personally I'm not going to crucify him. Like some of our mediocre performers around 2016-17 I can't blame him for getting picked each week. So long as he keeps his head down and works hard I have faith he will come good.

Aside from that dropped ball there was some improvement in him last week. Let’s hope it continues.

Aside from that dropped ball there was some improvement in him last week. Let’s hope it continues.
Incorrect. He was at least a metre or two behind the play the whole time. Defensively, he wasn't getting onside, with the rest of the team . In attack, he almost certainly drops in the fetal position as soon as a defender touches him.

One thing many at the ground noticed (besides his dropped balls) is that The Titans halves focused their attack around his lack of lateral mobility, and they got repetitive roll ons.

Maybe all the people who were watching live saw something different that you did? I'm not sure.

How we let Kelepi go, and have retained Magic Pudding, is beyond me. He struggled for Blacktown mobility and strength wise.

Incorrect. He was at least a metre or two behind the play the whole time. Defensively, he wasn't getting onside, with the rest of the team . In attack, he almost certainly drops in the fetal position as soon as a defender touches him.

One thing many at the ground noticed (besides his dropped balls) is that The Titans halves focused their attack around his lack of lateral mobility, and they got repetitive roll ons.

Maybe all the people who were watching live saw something different that you did? I'm not sure.

How we let Kelepi go, and have retained Magic Pudding, is beyond me. He struggled for Blacktown mobility and strength wise.

@Ryan, you seem more distressed than usual, I hope everything's ok.

23 mins, 27 tackles (one missed), one tackle bust.
He had a dropped ball and only ran for 32 metres - there's room for improvement - but his numbers stack up v. the rest of the bench and board favourites such as Siro and Scorpio.

Manly Daily

RELATIVELY HAPPY

EX-Gold Coast forward Morgan Boylehas had a family reunion since linking up with the Sea Eagles at the start of this NRL season.

The big forward is now playing alongside and living with his cousin, the Manly back Lachlan Croker.

“He took me under his wing I guess, showing me where everything is and I’m not just like a new fish in a pond,” Boyle said.

“I played SG Ball with him at the Raiders and our first first grade game together was against the Raiders so that was a pretty special moment,” Boyle said.

Rugby league clearly runs in the family — he is the son of David Boyle, who played 117 NRL games for the Canberra Raiders between 1991-98.

ON THE BOYLE

BOYLE, who joined the Sea Eagles in the week leading into the third-round game against the Warriors, is one of those lesser lights who have really stepped up under the coaching of Des Hasler.

“I saw more of an opportunity down here, it was a new start really, I fell into a bit of rut up there,” he said.

“Des shows a lot of confidence in you … he just gives you two objectives — run hard and tackle hard.”

@Ryan, you seem more distressed than usual, I hope everything's ok.

23 mins, 27 tackles (one missed), one tackle bust.
He had a dropped ball and only ran for 32 metres - there's room for improvement - but his numbers stack up v. the rest of the bench and board favourites such as Siro and Scorpio.

Exactly how i see it has been improving with increased minutes.

Exactly how i see it has been improving with increased minutes.
Against the Raiders, 38min 8 hitups 69m 24 tackles 2 misses

Broncos 38mins 6 hitups 45m 24 tackles 4 misses

Sharks 4mins 2 hitups 16m 4 tackles 0 misses

Titans 23mins 4 hitups 32m 27 tackles 1 miss

Seems perfectly acceptable from a bench forward low in the rotation for me, aside from the missed tackles v Brisbane

Seems perfectly acceptable from a bench forward low in the rotation for me, aside from the missed tackles v Brisbane

Most importantly, he has a tremendous nickname in Lance ;)

Okay, now we are praising 30-40 metres per game off the bench, 7 missed tackles in around 90 minutes of football in a season, and a player who's minutes are reducing under Des.

I know everyone's demanding only positivity , light, and happiness, and not one player can do any wrong whatsoever both on and off the field.

I'm sorry, but I'd have Rose, Hall, Bryant...anyone over the magic pudding.

Ask others who go to the games. He's 3-4 steps behind the pace of the game in every facet. If people deny it, they are doing so to be fecesious.

The real issue is he's costing us at pivotal times. Turnover / dropped ball - Titans score on the next set. He give away a penalty, then gets very lazy in defense on our line in the next set, and Milford scores under his nose. It's tangibly costing us.

Boyle has moved one spot up in the bench rotation this week, with Paseka added.
Paseka was in line to feature in our strongest 17 until injury struck just before the season started, so its great to see him finally back. Hope this young giant rips in.

Boyle has moved one spot up in the bench rotation this week, with Paseka added.
Paseka was in line to feature in our strongest 17 until injury struck just before the season started, so its great to see him finally back. Hope this young giant rips in.

Hope he's got his mobility he had pre-injury. I thought Paseka could have been anything.

Start of the season, my bench was :

14. Manase Fainu
15. Kelepi Tanginoa
16. Taniela Paseka
17. Corey Waddell

Paseka could he anything imo.

giphy.gif
I keep getting the feeling at some point someone is going to pull Boyles mask off and underneath will be luke Williamson's snarling at everyone telling them he would have gotten away with it if it weren't for those pesky kids.

In hindsight despite the goat photo joke maybe Tony Williams would have been funnier

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2