Morgan ‘Lance’ Boyle

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Des has tipped his hand by bringing Boyle in so swiftly. It's been well-documented that he is coming back from a major injury and his fitness and confidence may be well down. Apparently coach wants to fast-track his return to top grade and he didn't let us down on Saturday.
Looks like Tangles has dropped back in the pecking order while Paseka and Perrett won't get a look in until injury forces our hand.

Des has tipped his hand by bringing Boyle in so swiftly. It's been well-documented that he is coming back from a major injury and his fitness and confidence may be well down. Apparently coach wants to fast-track his return to top grade and he didn't let us down on Saturday.
Looks like Tangles has dropped back in the pecking order while Paseka and Perrett won't get a look in until injury forces our hand.

Good, as to be honest those 3 have been around for a while and they’ve hardly impressed have they?

Waddell / Boyle may well be the Hall/Bryant of the next few years.

I’m not surprised on the basis of what I’ve saw of Boyle in the Reggie’s. When I suggested earlier that I thought he might seize the opportunity I was ridiculed by two posters who have been disappointingly silent on the topic.

I’m not surprised on the basis of what I’ve saw of Boyle in the Reggie’s. When I suggested earlier that I thought he might seize the opportunity I was ridiculed by two posters who have been disappointingly silent on the topic.

I'm also a Boyle supporter since his debut game against the Raiders

If des has plans for Boyle then that’s fine by me. He didn’t set the world on fire in his debut, looked like the pace was too much for him and he was walking and laying in the ruck by the end of his stint. However I assume he probably played bigger minutes than was intended because Sipley never came back. Let’s see what happens over the next few weeks if he fitness improves.

I like our front row stocks this year, I hope they continue to improve too.
I want the best players in the 17 each week but I particularly hope our ‘best 4’ prop rotation gets settled and looks like AFB, Marty, Paseka and Boyle.
I can’t believe Waddell was aloud to leave the Panthers!
Garrick and Waddell have been outstanding pick ups

I like our front row stocks this year, I hope they continue to improve too.
I want the best players in the 17 each week but I particularly hope our ‘best 4’ prop rotation gets settled and looks like AFB, Marty, Paseka and Boyle.
I can’t believe Waddell was aloud to leave the Panthers!
Garrick and Waddell have been outstanding pick ups
Genuine question, was that the work of Crusher?

Not impressed with Boyle yet .... but I am prepared to be over the next few weeks ....

Looks to me to be more a good solid hard worker .. than a star ...... and there is nothing wrong with that ....

As was Bryant / Hall back in the day, nothing too flash but did a job well.

I still feel Tanginoa deserves a spot in the 17, admittedly he was a yard off the pace in the early rounds, but the impact he had last year (injuries aside) shouldn't be dismissed.
He's probably got the best leg drive (along with AFB and Marty) in our squad.
Wouldn't mind seeing him a bit wider in short spells against tiring defence.
How does everyone feel about our backrow all playing 80 mins? Sure it helps with limiting interchanges but we probably lose a bit of punch with Thommo and Siro playing the 80mins..

No one ridiculed you. Simply questioned his fitness.

He was gassed after 10 minutes.Was lucky on two occasions not to be penalised lying in the ruck. Did nothing of any significance.Was solid at best.
The guy can play for sure no doubt. He’s just short of match fitness and is coming off a major injury and proved it Saturday. The Burleigh football manager told me he was struggling fitness and confidence wise three weeks ago ( hence on the bench) and needed time but thought he was a real talent.I saw nothing to doubt his thoughts on weekend. I like the kid but to say he seized his opportunity is a big exaggeration. Our bench is a weakness. Hope he’s the guy to give it punch .

Tanginoa is a quandary. He has real impact but maybe they are worried him breaking down in every game. That’s the only reason I can see Boyle is getting a start over him at this stage of his fitness.

As for Paseka if he wants to play first grade he needs to lift because there are three guys not in the thirty playing better than him in Reggie’s. Size is not everything in the modern game.Fewer penalties and a massive reduction in bunker time has brought fatigue right back into it.The Raiders have got rid of Paulo to Parra and Boyd to Titans and have the best defence in the league as they move well laterally now.Last year their defence was awful.

If we had Sipley AND Paseka in the same rotation I’d be real worried about our defence.Boyle is big but unlike Paseka has good mobility.

Last edited:
Not impressed with Boyle yet .... but I am prepared to be over the next few weeks ....

Looks to me to be more a good solid hard worker .. than a star ...... and there is nothing wrong with that ....
He has star quality and is returning from injury and is lacking fitness. He didn't even have a pre-season at Manly. Give him more than a short stint off the bench before you call him a good solid hard worker. He was a wrecking ball when he hit the scene at the Titans.

I know you have said you are prepared to wait though, so not having a shot at you, but you'll be surprised at the ceiling this guy has.

Last edited:
He has star quality and is returning from injury and is lacking fitness. He didn't even have a pre-season at Manly. Give him more than a short stint off the bench before you call him a good solid hard worker. He was a wrecking ball when he hit the scene at the Titans.

Snake I said he was solid at best in THAT game and was and is lacking fitness .I’ve said about six times on here everyone who knows anything about him says he’s a talent. I reckon I’ve seen a lot more off him than most on here and he’s a goodun.
Saying a bloke lacks match fitness and lacking a bit of confidence re his shoulder ain’t bagging him. He was on the bench at Burleigh for that very reason.I have not once questioned his talent.

He’s actually a Canberra boy. Son of David and Jason Crokers nephew I think ? .They signed him and let him go to Titans. He should be keen to have a crack at his old side on Sunday.

The more interesting thing for me here is Boyle being preferred over Tanginoa when he’s not match fit.Boyle fit is a first grade starter .You have any info on Tangles fall from grace? Worried about him breaking down?

Last edited:
Snake I said he was solid at best in THAT game and was and is lacking fitness .I’ve said about six times on here everyone who knows anything about him says he’s a talent. I reckon I’ve seen a lot more off him than most on here and he’s a goodun.
Saying a bloke lacks match fitness and lacking a bit of confidence re his shoulder ain’t bagging him. He was on the bench at Burleigh for that very reason.I have not once questioned his talent.

He’s actually a Canberra boy. Son of David and Jason Crokers nephew I think ? .They signed him and let him go to Titans. He should be keen to have a crack at his old side on Sunday.

The more interesting thing for me here is Boyle being preferred over Tanginoa when he’s not match fit.Boyle fit is a first grade starter .You have any info on Tangles fall from grace? Worried about him breaking down?
Yeah a guy needs to play more than half an hour at a club before they can be pigeon holed a certain type of player.

As far as Tanginoa goes, he lacks dimension...he is basically bash and barge and we all know Des is renowned for his complexities; Tanginoa struggles when his role is anything more than bash and barge. He has no real ball skills to speak of and although enthusiastic, he doesn't have the biggest work rate. Essentially, when there are "footballers" in front of him, he is going to struggle to get a look in. He needs to develop a pass or regular offload into his game. We need more from him than just hitups; a kamikaze is all well and good, but when that's all you've got...

I know you have said you are prepared to wait though, so not having a shot at you, but you'll be surprised at the ceiling this guy has.

All good ... but the biggest wrap Jack Gibson ever gave was .. played strong - done good .... so I thought I was actually being expansive in my praise ..

Give the young man a bit of time lads ... he's only just joined the club let alone the firsts ...

Genuine question, was that the work of Crusher?

That’s a good question, I would say so but then again he came from the Titans who have links with John Cartwright.
Boyle, Elgey and Elliot came from the Gold Coast in the offseason but Carty had left before they were involved, I guess Crusher or Des orchestrated this one?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4