Morgan ‘Lance’ Boyle

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just totalling up the stats posted for Boyle & Sipley in the last 2 pages:

Boyle:
103 minutes, 20 hit ups, 162 meters 79 tackles, 7 missed tackles.

Sipley:
64 minutes, 21 hit ups, 201 meters, 56 tackles, 1 missed tackle.

Boyle spent more time on the field but ran less meters than Sipley but also made more tackles than Sipley.

The more tackles you make, the more your chances of missing a tackle increase.

Perhaps Boyle is more of a defensive forward while Sipley is more of an attacking forward, or perhaps Boyle is just coming back from his injury & little game time.

Either way, Des has seen enough in him to buy him & continue to pick him in our top 17 so I assume he has the goods & is just finding his way back into the top grade after some time out of the game.

The thread title makes me think of "Lance Corporal" which in turn makes me think of Gomer Pyle (although he was a Private, I think).

But "piles" is slang for hemorrhoids, which I guess are like botty boils, so I think my subconscious is making some pretty Freudian leaps haha.

The fact that the major debate on here is the form of the Number 17 in our squad illustrates how well we are going

Boyle ain't killing at the moment but as usual there are a few here who love to go off the deep end early.

Fact is he is an early 20s prop coming back from a significant injury. If Toff wasn't out or Paseka hadn't dropped in form he would be feeling his way back at Blacktown, but instead Dessie has thrown him in.

He needs to improve but absolutely no reason to write him off atm (same as Paseka)

Agree re: Paseka. But Paseka's lapses aren't game changing momentum mistakes. His play doesn't cost us (in my view).

Also, I don't get us releasing Kelly, Tanginoa and others , without replacement ? We could well be a 500. team after this week, which isn't too far distant of Barrett's results which ended at around 46%.

When roster moves are made, I thought they are supposed to be made for the betterment of the club? Maybe I'm just way off mark?

When roster moves are made, I thought they are supposed to be made for the betterment of the club? Maybe I'm just way off mark?
No I think you're spot on, that is the aim, and not just for Manly.
Sadly every club can't steadily improve their roster year after year, some choices work out and others flop.
I was disappointed we lost Lane. Kelly has been well replaced by Parker up till now, much to the surprise of many (including me really). As for Boyle. I haven't watched him very closely but he seems a likely type to me, I can understand Des giving him some encouragement.

Takes the big guys longer to regain match fitness after bad injuries. Paseka and Boyle will get their big chance tonight to impress. We need stronger momentum off the bench when AFB and Marty go off. Toff was providing it. We desperately need Paseka and Boyle to step up like Lane did last year and Tanginoa before his injuries. Perrett hasn't which is a shame. Olakauatu is still too young.

These roster moves may eventuate into positives in the long term, rather than short term. Yes they have left us potentially short in some depth areas now (letting Kelly go to bring in 'lesser players' in Elliot etc), but if they were made with forward thinking, in particular when looking at our salary cap and roster in the 20/21/22, I can understand that.

Not that common for a young front rower such as Boyle to burst onto the scene at an early stage , Just needs to follow Des "s adage of run hard and tackle hard to do good for Manly .

Nope, it was Paseka. But my tunes changed, while most people went the other way around (with Paseka).

Hope he kills it tonight, and relegates Mr Boyle back to Blacktown.

Nope. You definitely bagged AFB. But just me just being a smart arse. I bagged Matai, wanted Alberts in. Haha

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6