Morgan ‘Lance’ Boyle

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I have a feeling Boyle will do a Parker and win over the fans. Maybe not straight away but remember he didn't have the pre season with us that the rest of the boys had. I have faith he'll come good. I watched him here on the GC and thought he was a machine. Just needs to get fit under donny

Defo not straight away, slowly and two plays later than everyone else hahahaha jeez I'm on tonight

Ah yes Williamson, that's very 2007 Dan!
Actually the bagging Boyle's been copping reminds me of how unpopular Mark Bryant was in certain fan quarters back in the day. Never fashionable but really came of age in 2008.

I'd almost forgotten about the goat photos, they've dropped right off the Silvertails radar this year. Very odd.

Ah yes Williamson, that's very 2007 Dan!
Actually the bagging Boyle's been copping reminds me of how unpopular Mark Bryant was in certain fan quarters back in the day. Never fashionable but really came of age in 2008.

Wait @Ryan who was one dimensional?

Screenshot_20190525-062800_Samsung Internet.jpg
future Sea Eagles Legend

At 20 mins a game ... he has probably only played the equavalent of one full game in over a year .....

I have seen enough to think this bloke has something ... I'll back him to come good ....

Wasn't he was injured as well so fitness may be on the rise.

I think he's got a very good upside and we've got others in our squad yet Des has promoted him ahead of them so that tells me something.

Anyway, I'm more than happy to give him time. No mean feat to get to the nrl anyway.

Okay, now we are praising 30-40 metres per game off the bench, 7 missed tackles in around 90 minutes of football in a season, and a player who's minutes are reducing under Des.

I know everyone's demanding only positivity , light, and happiness, and not one player can do any wrong whatsoever both on and off the field.

I'm sorry, but I'd have Rose, Hall, Bryant...anyone over the magic pudding.

Ask others who go to the games. He's 3-4 steps behind the pace of the game in every facet. If people deny it, they are doing so to be fecesious.

The real issue is he's costing us at pivotal times. Turnover / dropped ball - Titans score on the next set. He give away a penalty, then gets very lazy in defense on our line in the next set, and Milford scores under his nose. It's tangibly costing us.

Go back to 2005 and you were probably giving the same appraisal of Mark Bryant, and hall didn’t exactly set the world on fire after 5 games either

If he was that far off the pace, the main man at the game, D Hasler, wouldn’t be selecting him every week

He wasn’t the Lone Ranger who made an error last week, but it’s the only one that’s being talked about. If Walker didn’t pass the ball forward and we score we probably go on with the game too

I would prefer Paseka over him as I liked what Paseka offered last year, but he isn’t as bad as is being made out, and by the time he is done with us will probably join the long list of players that got bagged relentlessly but came right

To add another dimension to things, here are Sipleys first 4 efforts of the year off the bench, and I rate Tof highly

4 mins 3 runs 32m 2 tackles 0 missed
28 mins 8 runs 85m 17 tackles 0 missed
20mins 6 runs 42m 34 tackles 1 miss
12 mins 4 runs 42m 3 tackles 0 miss

Last edited:
Not sure what’s wrong with those figures from Toff

A lot of tackles for time played and only one miss in four games (although the third game tackle figures must be wrong) .That is top shelf for a very big man..Averaging about 10 metres per hitup with good hit ups per minute played which is top level also.
Not sure there would be many bench props doing a lot better. I like Toff and those figures actually surprised me in a good way.

Boyle is better than he’s showing. Was a nasty injury and happy to give him time. For me the errors are his major issue and that part of his game should be better. Lack of involvement and power through the ruck can be pinned mostly on lack of NRL match fitness but it’s hard to say the same about very simple errors.

Can’t have Paseka. Not right now anyway. In the games I’ve seen the non Top 30 ineligible players in his position are easily outplaying him. No aggression or game awareness. He must know our injury crisis has given him a chance yet just doesn’t seem motivated. Not a good sign for a bloke his age.

Last edited:
Not sure what’s wrong with those figures from Toff

A lot of tackles for time played and only one miss in four games (although the third game tackle figures must be wrong) .That is top shelf for a very big man..Averaging about 10 metres per hitup with good hit ups per minute played which is top level also.
Not sure there would be many bench props doing a lot better. I like Toff and those figures actually surprised me in a good way.

Boyle is better than he’s showing. Was a nasty injury and happy to give him time. For me the errors are his major issue and that part of his game should be better. Lack of involvement and power through the ruck can be pinned mostly on lack of NRL match fitness but it’s hard to say the same about very simple errors.

Can’t have Paseka. Not right now anyway. In the games I’ve seen the non Top 30 ineligible players in his position are easily outplaying him. No aggression or game awareness. He must know our injury crisis has given him a chance yet just doesn’t seem motivated. Not a good sign for a bloke his age.

Nothing wrong with Toffs figures at all, and most of Boyle’s aren’t too far behind

Not that stats show everything anyway, was just a comparison

Go back to 2005 and you were probably giving the same appraisal of Mark Bryant, and hall didn’t exactly set the world on fire after 5 games either

If he was that far off the pace, the main man at the game, D Hasler, wouldn’t be selecting him every week

He wasn’t the Lone Ranger who made an error last week, but it’s the only one that’s being talked about. If Walker didn’t pass the ball forward and we score we probably go on with the game too

I would prefer Paseka over him as I liked what Paseka offered last year, but he isn’t as bad as is being made out, and by the time he is done with us will probably join the long list of players that got bagged relentlessly but came right

To add another dimension to things, here are Sipleys first 4 efforts of the year off the bench, and I rate Tof highly

4 mins 3 runs 32m 2 tackles 0 missed
28 mins 8 runs 85m 17 tackles 0 missed
20mins 6 runs 42m 34 tackles 1 miss
12 mins 4 runs 42m 3 tackles 0 miss

You've just pretty well proven my point.

Sipley runs at 2.5 metres a minute
Pudding runs at. 1.67 metres a minute
That's almost double the efficiency from Sip.

Sipley misses tackles at close to 0 per game
Pudding misses approx. 2 per game
That's 200% worse off

Sipley's minutes were increasing under Des
Puddings minutes are diminishing under Des
That's a sign of trend

Again, why are we praising what needs to be better? Surely we have to set the benchmark around minimum quality on the field?

Edit: numbers calculated from your stats provided.

No impact from Boyle from the bench, that is what you need from the bench.

Early days coming back from an injury, so the next 4 to 6 weeks will be telling

Not sure "impact" is as big a deal as the olden days of say Fooey fooey ..... I think now coaches are more inclined to be happy with a simple injection of energy but importantly no great loss of standard .... eg defensive patterns maintained etc ....

I get a feeling the main criteria for a bench forward today is ... to do no evil ......

I'm sorry, but I'd have Rose, Hall, Bryant...anyone over the magic pudding.

Two things old mate .... nobody is going out of their way to praise Boyle ... but some are definetely defending him from what may be considered premature bagging .....

Also if you are going to compare Boyle to the above ... remember these forwards were in their late 20's or older before they contributed .... Boyle at early 20's is still young and has a few years to go to reach their level .... and I think he will ...

You've just pretty well proven my point.

Sipley runs at 2.5 metres a minute
Pudding runs at. 1.67 metres a minute
That's almost double the efficiency from Sip.

Sipley misses tackles at close to 0 per game
Pudding misses approx. 2 per game
That's 200% worse off

Sipley's minutes were increasing under Des
Puddings minutes are diminishing under Des
That's a sign of trend

Again, why are we praising what needs to be better? Surely we have to set the benchmark around minimum quality on the field?

Edit: numbers calculated from your stats provided.

I don’t think anybody has been praising him, just counter acting the relentless bagging of him that some consider to be over the top compared to output produced, which has been adequate for a 4th string benchie, 8m a hitup (m per minute isn’t a good way to view things possession flows while on the park dictate it too much) with a decent tackle rate is fine, with room for improvement there.

Both guys had fluctuating minutes so no trend there that tells us anything mate, just used to fit the flow of the game, cover injuries etc

The fact that the major debate on here is the form of the Number 17 in our squad illustrates how well we are going

Boyle ain't killing at the moment but as usual there are a few here who love to go off the deep end early.

Fact is he is an early 20s prop coming back from a significant injury. If Toff wasn't out or Paseka hadn't dropped in form he would be feeling his way back at Blacktown, but instead Dessie has thrown him in.

He needs to improve but absolutely no reason to write him off atm (same as Paseka)

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8