Morgan ‘Lance’ Boyle

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
1 Blacktown game, 1 very small stint where he got gassed in first grade, then quite a few YouTube vids when I heard he signed him.

He averages just over 50 running metres a game (possibly less with the last game).

I thought he struggled for Blacktown a few weeks ago, and I know he couldn't crack the Titans team, partly due to injury, and got relegated to the bench in the QLD Cup.

Also, guys who have experienced him live like sue, thinks he was nothing special, but is young, so hopefully can improve, which isn't a glowing endorsement right now, when we need him at his peak.

That said, I'm biased and absolutely love Tanginoa and also Paseka (who played very well under Barrett prior to his injury).

I may stand corrected however I think Sue rates him highly but said he was yet to regain fitness and confidence following injury.

I may stand corrected however I think Sue rates him highly but said he was yet to regain fitness and confidence following injury.

Yep. He’s a good player for sure. I go to most Titans games and he was very good before injury.
Also my local team is Burleigh so get a bit of feedback there . In a nutshell they say very talented, was a nasty injury, needs a bit of confidence and fitness back.
The fact Des has him in the side over fitter options shows he rates him. Be interesting for him against his old side this week as the Raiders will move us around a lot more than Dragons. Very mobile attacking side. Fitness will be tested.Comes from great stock. David Boyle father. Jason Croker uncle.

Yep. He’s a good player for sure. I go to most Titans games and he was very good before injury.
Also my local team is Burleigh so get a bit of feedback there . In a nutshell they say very talented, was a nasty injury, needs a bit of confidence and fitness back.
The fact Des has him in the side over fitter options shows he rates him. Be interesting for him against his old side this week as the Raiders will move us around a lot more than Dragons. Very mobile attacking side. Fitness will be tested.Comes from great stock. David Boyle father. Jason Croker uncle.

Really I didn’t know he was David Boyle’s son. He was the tough bastard that played for Souths wasn’t he?

1 Blacktown game, 1 very small stint where he got gassed in first grade, then quite a few YouTube vids when I heard he signed him.

He averages just over 50 running metres a game (possibly less with the last game).

I thought he struggled for Blacktown a few weeks ago, and I know he couldn't crack the Titans team, partly due to injury, and got relegated to the bench in the QLD Cup.

Also, guys who have experienced him live like sue, thinks he was nothing special, but is young, so hopefully can improve, which isn't a glowing endorsement right now, when we need him at his peak.

That said, I'm biased and absolutely love Tanginoa and also Paseka (who played very well under Barrett prior to his injury).

In 2017 when he had an uninterrupted year with injury at the Titans he was averaging 92.93 running metres per game. Definitely give him some time mate, hopefully he’ll surprise.

Did I see somewhere that Boyle single-handedly destroyed the Storm at some stage last year? Pretty sure it was a comment on here somewhere...
Yep, it was in that game before our “home game” against Brisbane at suncorp where the titans won something like 38-36 or something crazy. Had a destructive as game

I still feel Tanginoa deserves a spot in the 17, admittedly he was a yard off the pace in the early rounds, but the impact he had last year (injuries aside) shouldn't be dismissed.
He's probably got the best leg drive (along with AFB and Marty) in our squad.
Wouldn't mind seeing him a bit wider in short spells against tiring defence.
How does everyone feel about our backrow all playing 80 mins? Sure it helps with limiting interchanges but we probably lose a bit of punch with Thommo and Siro playing the 80mins..
Tanginoa was great playing second row for Blacktown 3 weeks ago, showed ball skills we haven’t seen, then not played in any grade (victim of the 18 &19 emergency setup), then back to middle in a well beaten reggies side. Have not lost hope in him.
But clearly Des & Crusher rate Boyle higher. Hope they’re right.

I didn't notice him today, did he play well?
He didn't have much impact with the ball and was easily halted and driven backwards numerous times today. That said, I noticed him working hard to get himself where he needed to be defensively and doing the team thing. I hope he develops more penetration and venom in his carries in the future

Wasn’t very effective with the ball today. I think on what we have seen that tanginoa in good form has more to offer

Last edited:
If Boyle is going to show anything then he HAS to stand up against Penrith.

Jesus we need some support for Taupau and AFB.

Losing Sipley was a killer blow, so time for this supposed promise to convert to results.

Match fitness should no longer be an issue, and a month with the team is enough to get into his rhythm.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8