more COVID discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well given your earlier comment (below) on the subject, at least we all know what your priorities are
I'm obviously not firing on all cylinders today: I can't see the clear links between the two statements. Perhaps you can put it into little words for me.
Y

It's everyone's choice, it's true. But choices have consequences.

At the end of the day, does the terms and conditions under nsw health advice say he has to be vaccinated? If so and he isn't, he has to be stood down without pay immediately while this is mediated. Without pay as it is his choice that makes it impossible for him to work, not the clubs.

If at the end of mediation if he isn't vaccinated or the law hasn't changed then he needs to be let go or get an alternate work from home job with the club if possible and if he is qualified.

Also, I would think he needs a refresh on the clubs social media policies

I'm torn on this tbh.

If Donny doesn't want to get the jab, great, but he gets to keep his job as a high performance guy at Manly., then why should some 17 year old checkout chick get the arse because she doesn't want the jab either.
She should be able to keep it. I don't get why the 92% are so scared of the 8

I was on a building site last night for 1 of the majors.

Not a mask to be seen, from Foreman to labourer.....and we are indoors.

I think there is a lot of ball dropping going on everywhere.
True, I go into the office and the foyer of our towers is supposed to be mask on, same for the food court. Maybe 10% with masks on. People are to a large extent over it and if it's not enforced will not comply (generally speaking).

Am I ri

Am I right in saying that at this stage Singe is and always was allowed to train them providing he sticks to certain rules and restrictions including wearing a mask. If he just had his mask on then there would be no issue? I do agree however that Manky has clearly dropped the ball when it comes to enforcing these rules.
I am responsible for this at my work and the biggest issue is the lack of a clear path (especially when dealing in close contact)

We have taken the risk averse stance of not letting any non vac’d into the building / represent the company as it is not clear what the implications of them getting sick are (from a WHS perspective)

I am responsible for this at my work and the biggest issue is the lack of a clear path (especially when dealing in close contact)

We have taken the risk averse stance of not letting any non vac’d into the building / represent the company as it is not clear what the implications of them getting sick are (from a WHS perspective)
Workers compensation can be claimed if you get covid on job site. So from WHS point of view it gets murky when your have vaxed/unvaxed.

I won't be surprised if alot of businesses mandate masks as part of uniform and safety compliance, they need to show they are taking steps to ensure staff safety.

With regards to this, imagine if don gets its and passes it on to a player, these photos of him not wearing a mask will open the club up to so much risk. Unsafe work environment comes into play.

Hence my belief he should be stood down until this is sorted. Too much risk for the club

• 👍
Reactions: lsz
Not being a smart arse here but do we know whether Donny or walks have been or are being considered for a medical exemption or an exemption on other grounds (whatever they could be who knows)?
It'd be a shame to lose either of them

Comparing Nazi Germany and their persecution and mass murder of various groups, in particular Jews, to current public health rules aimed at protecting our communities, is a common image pushed by anti-lockdown activists and it will not be permitted here.
If you or others wish to propagate the reference then you can find other places online to do it.
If you want to debate the issue you can find other places to do that too.
For me it is a simple case of false equivalence.

Living and complying in Nazi Germany again is a far more complex issue than not agreeing with a public safety request. To think there is anything similar to what even German people went through at that time and the choice to get vac'd...I do not see it

I know he won’t be getting on a Qantas plane if he is not vaxed.

They are not budging on staff or customers that are not vaccinated. That industry was the absolute hardest hit during this pandemic and they won’t back down from their stance.

If Don stays, then he will be on some long car trips to get to games.

I’d like to see the hundreds of other photographs the Tele took at training with Donny actually wearing his mask.and there would have been hundreds of photos.

I am certain the club put very strict rules on Donny to meet Health Guidelines and rules and while I don’t know how they got an exemption for him to enter the training area while not being vaccinated, I am sure they must have. I seriously cannot imagine our club would flaunt the rules so blatantly knowing the media was there. It beggars belief.

Donny loves the Sea Eagles and I just hope he turns around and says ‘ I don’t agree with it, but I’m doing it for the boys, Des and the fans’.

If he doesn’t then ‘Thanks Donny, you’ve been a wonderful asset to this club and we hope it all goes well for you in your future.’

Comparing Nazi Germany and their persecution and mass murder of various groups, in particular Jews, to current public health rules aimed at protecting our communities, is a common image pushed by anti-lockdown activists and it will not be permitted here.
If you or others wish to propagate the reference then you can find other places online to do it.
If you want to debate the issue you can find other places to do that too.
I agree with what you say above, I just think that his post was not about the evils of WW2 but more about people's morals not being as strong as they think when the pressure is on.
I can't see where I or Don actually made the comparison.
Happy to leave it at that.

Of course but do we really need to compare the rare instances of vaccine reaction versus death without it?
Every life is precious. Every story needs to be heard and acknowledged. Ive been x2 vaxed. But I think these lockdowns have far more catasrophic consequences than the virus itself. But this is not covered by media. The true cost will be known in years to come..

Every life is precious. Every story needs to be heard and acknowledged. Ive been x2 vaxed. But I think these lockdowns have far more catasrophic consequences than the virus itself. But this is not covered by media. The true cost will be known in years to come..

It is actually is covered by the media, hence your link.
I really wanted to stick to the Donny thing but, in response to your post, it all seems very simple to me.
Life was chugging along then a never before seen pandemic was killing loads of people or making them very sick for a long time.
Spreads by human contact.
Nothing to stop it.
Lockdown.
When lockdown works, open up while vaccine is found (in unbelievably impressive time) and administered.
Lockdowns again when numbers get dicey and still not enough vaccine coverage.
I just can't see the alternative. I understand problems with depression and untreated cancers etc. and that lives will be lost because of this. But to let it run wild, killing huge numbers and clogging the hospitals so those cancer patients, accident victims and suicide attempts can't get in is, surely, a worse result.
And I'm certain if there was another alternative the politicians would have rushed at it because, in their eyes, the economy is everything.

It is actually is covered by the media, hence your link.
I really wanted to stick to the Donny thing but, in response to your post, it all seems very simple to me.
Life was chugging along then a never before seen pandemic was killing loads of people or making them very sick for a long time.
Spreads by human contact.
Nothing to stop it.
Lockdown.
When lockdown works, open up while vaccine is found (in unbelievably impressive time) and administered.
Lockdowns again when numbers get dicey and still not enough vaccine coverage.
I just can't see the alternative. I understand problems with depression and untreated cancers etc. and that lives will be lost because of this. But to let it run wild, killing huge numbers and clogging the hospitals so those cancer patients, accident victims and suicide attempts can't get in is, surely, a worse result.
And I'm certain if there was another alternative the politicians would have rushed at it because, in their eyes, the economy is everything.
I was lucky I was in Queensland, elective surgery in some states hasn’t been possible or has been very limited.

My Dr told me “ do it now Mark and it’s a 90% chance of complete recovery , in 12 months 50%, in 2 years 10%”.

I’m just lucky I had the opportunity , some in the southern states haven’t!!

There’s so many other sides to the Covid story that the unvaccinated just ignore as it doesn’t fit their narrative.

I get the freedom of choice thing ( or lack of it ) but I wonder what would have happened to the Londoners of 1940 when the Germans were bombing the **** out of them at night that said “ **** turning the lights out so they can’t see us that’s against my civil rights “.

Sometimes you have to do things for the greater good , even if you don’t like doing it.

I get the freedom of choice thing ( or lack of it ) but I wonder what would have happened to the Londoners of 1940 when the Germans were bombing the ** out of them at night that said “ ** turning the lights out so they can’t see us that’s against my civil rights “.

Sometimes you have to do things for the greater good , even if you don’t like doing it.
The question with the freedom stuff should be focused around removal of the measures. It's a quid pro quo. Society overwhelmingly went along and got the vax. The trade off for that should be full removal of the emergency measure put in place as we hit certain vax numbers. BUT - what you see is the government constantly extending and slipping in new bills and so on furthering their powers and as everyone always says, governments are loathe to give up powers once they get them. Everyone used to mock the Chinese government style social credits and surveillance state but more and more that's where the western world is heading.

Anyway as far as Donny goes, how often are they even training? I saw the lake run squad out again this morning. I can't imagine they are doubling up this early in the campaign so how many squad sessions is Donald even having to go to? One or two a week? Also, someone needs to buy Parker a shirt. Never seen him wearing one. He is getting close to post training Choc at the old Salty Rooster territory...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4